PDA

View Full Version : Where to place downloads??

Boomer2212
January 15th, 2010, 09:24
When I download an aircraft,mission or ship do I add these to CFS3 in My Documents or do I go to it through Programs??

flashgordon
January 15th, 2010, 09:54
Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games right click on Combat Flight Simulator 3 and in the dialog that comes up select Create Shortcut. This give you a shortcut on your desktop for the main CFS3 folder.

I always download add-ons to a seperate downloads folder sub divided into Aircraft - Missions etc and then into nationalities. Most add-ons come in the form of zip or rar compressed format so you will need to un zip them before adding to the sim.

Most contributors put the items into the various cfs3 sub folders so that all you need to do is drop the un zipped material into the mains game folder but ALWAYS follow the Readme that usually is included.

Before you start adding however an once you have got Combat Flight Simulator 3 up and running and patched to 3a keep a 'vanilla' copy to use to load MAW, PTO, ETO and Korea theatre add-ons. You can have as many copies of CFS3 - dependindent only on the size of your hard drive - by using Martin Wright's multi install tool (find it here -http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm) - slightly altering the name of each one.

If you like cfs3 just wait until you see what MAW or ETO add to the mix.

Boomer2212
January 15th, 2010, 10:41
Thank you for the info.Now I just have to get it working with Windows7 first!! Can I ask what is MAW??

ndicki
January 15th, 2010, 11:46
Mediterranean Air War - the biggest single modification of its day. It creates a central Mediterranean theatre, with loads of specific aircraft, vehicles, scenery, effects, etc. Makes stock vanilla CFS3 look like total rubbish.

hairyspin
January 15th, 2010, 12:42
Mediterranean Air War - the biggest single modification of its day. It creates a central Mediterranean theatre, with loads of specific aircraft, vehicles, scenery, effects, etc. Makes stock vanilla CFS3 look like total rubbish.

And it's still a masterpiece. Get it!

Boomer2212
January 15th, 2010, 15:23
Thanks.As soon as I can get CFS3 up and running I will definitely get this added!!!!