PDA

View Full Version : ZEROS AT PEARL HARBOR

Bill Kestell
January 12th, 2010, 20:07
I went into the dp and tweaked the AI aircraft and the other grounded aircraft and went strafing. Now they brew up real good and the fire and smoke last a long time.

I do have a question ... and that is how and where can I find the dp's for the P-40's and P-36's? I'd like to get the Bellows, Haleiwa and Wheeler fighters to react as well ... but I can't get to them.

Ravenna
January 13th, 2010, 01:26
Very impressive Bill. Just what did you do to the DPs?

The B24 Guy
January 13th, 2010, 06:10
Hi Bill,

You need to make copys of the P40 and P36 dp's, rename them,

PHP_P40B_GSL.dp and PHP_P36A_GSL.dp

and put them in your OBJECTS_DP folder.

Regards,
B24Guy

Bill Kestell
January 13th, 2010, 07:35
TheB24Guy ... OUTSTANDING ... that's my project for today.

Ravenna ... I took some of the effects from my ship dp ...

fx_ship_l,
fx_damage_smoke_l,
fx_bldgexpl_l,

Then, on the ai B17 for example, I'd identify certain parts for modifiction ... tail, wings, engines, fuselage, nose and they got changed to:

[EFFECTS.10]
; System = Port Wing Structure
effect.0=20,LIBRARY,fx_ship_l,
effect.1=40,LIBRARY,fx_damage_smoke_l, (see below)
effect.2=60,LIBRARY,fx_ship_l,
effect.3=95,LIBRARY,fx_bldgexpl_l,
;effect.4=100,BREAK,,

(This is a nanni-nibbio effect that was originally named "fx_ship_l" and as such, overwrote the m/s "fx_ship_l" ... so I renamed it and now it's another version that won't over write the original ... twice as much fun!)

But ... for the FUEL TANKS (or wing structure where fuel tanks are NOT specifically noted), they got:

[EFFECTS.11]
; System = Port Fuel Tank
effect.0=20,LIBRARY,fx_ship_l,
effect.1=30,LIBRARY,fx_gastank_l, (already in the aircraft dp)
effect.2=40,LIBRARY,fx_damage_smoke_l,
effect.3=50,LIBRARY,fx_bldgexpl_l,
effect.4=60,LIBRARY,fx_ship_l,
effect.5=70,LIBRARY,fx_gastank_l, (ditto) above)
effect.6=95,LIBRARY,fx_fatal_explosion_l,
;effect.7=100,BREAK,,

(I ";" out the 100% stuff because I thought it was a good idea to do it ... but saved it 'cause I don't like to have to go looking for things that I shouldn't have thrown away)

Also ... I nearly ALWAYS go for "LARGE" rather than "s" or "m" ... maybe NOT as realistic ... but SURE DO MAKE A BIG BOOM!

On other than single engine aircrft ... I reduced the damage value numbers by 1/3 for those areas where new effects would be ... just to make them easier to set off but that may not be necessary.

There are certainly a bunch of other flammable effects that could be used ... but I've tried to stay with a manageable number just for my benefit.

As always ... back up your original stuff unless you're sure you want to go this route ... and if FIRE AND SMOKE start pouring ourt of your CPU or whatever that BIG BLACK TOWER THINGY FULL OF ELECTRONICS IS CALLED ... DON'T CALL ME!

RING THE BELL AND RUN LIKE HELL:pop4:

The B24 Guy
January 13th, 2010, 09:09
Hi Bill,

It is always something. I had to disassemble the BGL file to find this one.
For the P36 you need to name the dp file.

PHP_GSL_P-36A.dp

I also deleated the Payloads form the P40 to get rid of the RAF pilot.

Sorry about the early mis-info.

Regards,
B24Guy

The B24 Guy
January 13th, 2010, 12:06
Hi Bill,

Here are some P40 after a dose of bombs. They are tough.
Regards,
B24Guy

sc7500
January 13th, 2010, 14:34
B24 et All

I noted that many [if not all] of my bomb drops have minimal effect on planes AND buildings unless a direct hit is made.

Didn't someone create an FX mod years ago that increased the damage radius of most stock Bombs ?

I can't seem to find it - and THAT'S a rarity !

TIA
SC
:kilroy:

The B24 Guy
January 13th, 2010, 15:09
Hi sc7500,

You might be looking for this.. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Pen32Win&ammm=15&pap=3#download

But, it is supposed to make it harder.

It may be that the missing dp are giving you a hard time. Or, the current dp's need to be modified.

Regards,
B24Guy

bobhegf
January 13th, 2010, 15:27
I think Pen did an effect replacemant that increased the damage radious of the bomb blast.

sc7500
January 13th, 2010, 15:52
You are BOTH Correct - here's the link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Pen32Win&pap=1&ammm=35#download

Bombs Away !
SC
:kilroy: