View Full Version : YAHR

stiz
January 12th, 2010, 06:33
or yet another hollywood remake .....

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/features/exclusive/

if the link wont work ... they've made a film out of the A-Team :monkies:

OBIO
January 12th, 2010, 07:09
Yeah...instead of coming up with new and original movie ideas, how about just taking very popular 1980s TV shows and turning them into movies in the hope that those who are now in their 40s will be drawn to the theaters in droves hoping to recapture their youth by seeing their long ago heroes on the big screen. Starsky and Hutch, Dukes of Hazard, now the A-Team. Next it will be B.J. and the Bear, ADAM 12, CHIPS, The Fall Guy, TJ Hooker.

Dukes of Hazard did not draw me to the theater and when it was on TV, I watched the Home Shopping Network instead. Starsky and Hutch I watched on TV and felt it was a waste of time..should have watched the Weather Channel instead. The A-Team...I don't see myself rushing out to see it. B.J. and the Bear...maybe, but only because that show had a lot of scantily clad gals in it...but knowing Hollywierd, they will all be 6 foot tall, weight 14 pounds and have bleach blonde hair...which simply will not get me to go see the movie...one Paris Hilton is enough ugly, to have a screen full of Paris Hilton look-a-likes is reason to gouge your eyes out.

OBIO

cheezyflier
January 12th, 2010, 10:22
that pretty much sums up anything i woulda said.
:icon_lol:

GT182
January 12th, 2010, 11:03
The trailers for movies 1 thru 5 and 7 looked pretty good. But those are only ones I watched. The rest.... eh, maybe.

Lionheart
January 12th, 2010, 11:53
I loved that last part on the trailer. Looks like its going to be good.

:ernae:

Bill

Lewis-A2A
January 12th, 2010, 12:41
yer ill deffo be seeing this. Looks like they kept with the original cheeseyness of the series that was so entertaining.

Wittpilot
January 12th, 2010, 15:29
Somewhere in that movie there has to be a vehicle that rolls over in mid-air... that was in every single A-Team episode I think...

kilo delta
January 12th, 2010, 15:45
Somewhere in that movie there has to be a vehicle that rolls over in mid-air... that was in every single A-Team episode I think...

That and ~ 50,000 rounds of spent ammunition.....and not a scratch on anyone!:icon_lol:

Is Col. Decker is this remake?

cheezyflier
January 12th, 2010, 18:34
i suppose i might mention that parts of the movie "kick ass" were filmed a few blocks from my house. i got to see nick cage (from a distance of course)
while doing his thing, and also the boy who plays kick ass.

Piglet
January 12th, 2010, 20:35
It actually looks kinda cool! I loved the A-Team back in the day.
Sure it was cheesy as all hell, but it did show some good teamwork and con jobs. Least in this one B.A. isn't weighed down by 2 tons of gold!
I see they are continuing the "no one gets killed" policy, by having UAV's attack their plane (so our heroes can shoot them down, guilt-free!)