PDA

View Full Version : looking for a bolt action rifle sound...

redrooster
November 2nd, 2008, 12:48
I am in the process of putting a simply bolt action rifle (.303 cal) in the dp of one of Usio no Ibuki's player figures and I was wondering if anyone had a sound file that would work. All the default sounds make the sound of firing more than once, when you just fire a single round.

Anyone?

redrooster

Cody Coyote
November 3rd, 2008, 13:38
Here's the site I use for grabbing sound effects:

http://www.soundsnap.com/search/audio/rifle+shot/score

Blondi
November 3rd, 2008, 13:53
Here's the site I use for grabbing sound effects:

http://www.soundsnap.com/search/audio/rifle+shot/score

Thanks Cody.Are these sound effects concidered freeware?

Blondi:cost1:

redrooster
November 3rd, 2008, 14:10
Thanks Cody! I found a M1 Garand sound that works perfectly for what I'm doing. Ok, now my next question, what do I have to do so I can use this sound in CFS2 as a gun sound?

Thanks,
redrooster

Cody Coyote
November 3rd, 2008, 18:40
Blondi - Yes, these sounds are free; created by various people and uploaded to the site for all to use.

redrooster - Make sure you save the sound as a wav file. Placed in the SOUND\action folder the sound can be called up in the Mission Builder as part of an event.

Of course you are talking about tying the sound to an object's DP file so that method won't help you. Instead you'd place the sound in the SOUND folder. Someone else will have to help you with linking the DP to a specific sound file.

Obviously if the DP already calls up an existing sound you would simply replace the old sound file with this one but if you are talking about attaching a new sound to an object that currently doesn't have one associated with it, I can't help you there.

redrooster
November 4th, 2008, 11:30
Ok, I placed the .wav file in the SOUND folder. In the dp, the gunstation entry looks like this:

gunstation.0=0,45,1,2,770,2,0.01,164,6,20,1d1*3.0, 0.247,0.9,0,-1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0.317

Is there any way I can change the bolded entry so that the new sound file can be used? It is currently set to the default sound of a 40mm cannon.

Thanks,
redrooster

redrooster
November 6th, 2008, 11:21
Bump! Anybody have idea how to do this? I'm not sure, but from what I've read, I get the feeling that CFS2 might be limited in the number of weapon sounds it can have. I was wondering if I could change the selected entry to 7, and direct the new sound so it becomes gunsound 7?

redrooster

Blondi
November 8th, 2008, 04:11
[quote=Cody Coyote;28780]Blondi - Yes, these sounds are free; created by various people and uploaded to the site for all to use.

Thank you Cody. This will come in handy

Blondi:cost1: