PDA

View Full Version : Two Slight Scenery Placing Problems..

jackedwardmorris95
January 11th, 2010, 11:15
1. I can only place objects as infastructures with the crosshair over them, I don't know how to place as scenery.

2. When I click on the object info menu no photo comes up so I cannot see what the object I want to place looks like,

Thanks,

Jack

Jagdflieger
January 11th, 2010, 15:38
Jack,

Some add on scenery doesn't come with an info screen shot. To help with that, I uploaded the Mission Builder Mega Pack last year. While it is never up to date, it does include most of the common addon library objects and ships that we use.

It also includes several other files that are useful such as an organized (by type or building) mdlname file. You can download it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13484

to place an object is pretty easy.

1. Select it from either the "Infrastructure" > "Airplane," "Vehicle" or "Ship" drop down menu.

2. Use your mouse's cursor and then simply left click with the mouse. The item will be placed where your cursor was pointing. Continue to click to add more of the same objects to your scenery. To change, just look for what you want in the drop down menus.

3. If it is oriented improperly, highlight it and then go back to the left side of the screen and adjust the orientation in the little window provided.

4. For infrastructure (stationary planes, vehicles or ships) use the little bullsey icon. The airplane, ship and vehicle icons will give you moving items that can be set to waypoints. In this way, you can have ships sailing as you want or trucks driving around the airfield.

5. Download Cody Coyote's Mission Builder's tutorial. It will make you an expert within a week. It's here in the library.

Below are some screen shots demonstrating the installation of two aeroplanes as stationary infrastructure. It could easily be buildings or trees. Note the menus used to select and then place and orient the objects.