PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Nettles, and "Sugarland".....wow....

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2010, 05:12
A few months back, I was traveling back from Michigan, and was channel surfing while staying at a motel. I happened upon a PBS special with a group called, "Sugarland", which features a female vocalist named Jennifer Nettles. She was singing a song called, "Something More".

I am not a big country music fan. Not at all. But man, Jennifer Nettles has a voice, and oh, by the way, she is gorgeous!

0pv23mRs5T8&feature=youtube_gdata

and here is the video version: Excellent!

Gp5foT32tKM&feature=youtube_gdata

Snuffy
January 11th, 2010, 05:32
Being somewhat of a country music fan ... I have to confess I like a good female voice. However, I'm afraid I can't say that about Jennifer. Don't know what it is about her voice, I just can't like it. :173go1:

Good thing we're all different eh Pete?

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2010, 06:24
Being somewhat of a country music fan ... I have to confess I like a good female voice. However, I'm afraid I can't say that about Jennifer. Don't know what it is about her voice, I just can't like it. :173go1:

Good thing we're all different eh Pete?

Yes, that would be pretty boring! Jennifer has a very distinctive southern "twang" accent. Definitely not for everyone. And normally I wouldn't listen to that style of music. But I think perhaps it is her stage presence that adds to the attraction!

Tom Clayton
January 11th, 2010, 11:09
She sounds a bit like Reba McEntire to me - nice!

Brian_Gladden
January 11th, 2010, 11:54
She can rock too.....

gFI0lxsjTjo

Brian

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2010, 12:03
She is a babe!!! Whew.....

NC

Tom Clayton
January 11th, 2010, 14:19
The best part? She sounds good without the help of Autotune!:jump:

Navy Chief
January 11th, 2010, 15:11
The best part? She sounds good without the help of Autotune!:jump:

It's so easy to tell when that is used by an artist......

NC

EasyEd
January 11th, 2010, 18:27
Hey All,

I've been a Sugarland fan for years - have every CD. The only time I've seen them live was on a stage in the Southgate Mall in Edmonton Alberta years ago - they weren't so big then. I'll never forget - Jennifer likes to perform barefoot and the mando by Christian was great.

To me Jennifer has that southern twang with a hard "edge" to it. I can never ever get enough of that sound. If you want to know what you'll hear in heaven listen to Jennifer. Ashton Sheperd has that sound too. If you like hardcore country give Ashton a try - otherwise run - run fast - away.

Also Jennifer can play the harmonica - I'll post a youtube later if I can find it. Since Christian plays mando I'd love a Surgarland does bluegrass CD - to see what that might be like look up Genevieve on youtube.

If I were 20 years younger...

-Ed-

PS also if you like Jennifer check out Settlin on youtube!

Bjoern
January 12th, 2010, 09:52
She can rock too.....

"Rock"...:kilroy:

She's easy on the eyes though.

wombat666
January 12th, 2010, 23:12
If I were 20 years younger...
-Ed-

You'd be two years younger than Jennifer Nettles..................:icon_eek:
She's more crossover than country but I'm not against that at all.
:applause:

Tom Clayton
January 12th, 2010, 23:49
You'd be two years younger than Jennifer Nettles.
To quote a line from the theme from "The Jeffersons," There ain't nothin' wrong with that!:bump:

EasyEd
January 13th, 2010, 16:23
Hey All,

You'd be two years younger than Jennifer Nettles..................:icon_eek:
I suspect a woman with her energy might just prefer young... :frown:

Anyway Here is Jennifer doin a bit of harmonica...

wx3LyyHTVlc

Here is Jennifer dancin...

BEJh-aMMpJ0

And since it's Vevo here is the direct link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJh-aMMpJ0

Nice bass player too :mixedsmi:

OK no video to this one - but it is a preview of just how good I think Sugarland could do bluegrass - one of my very favorite Sugarland songs.

OMHDfLGneZg

Enjoy!

-Ed-

Navy Chief
January 13th, 2010, 17:11
Ed, thanks for those links. Jennifer is awesome! I am going to keep watch on when they are touring close to my area. I plan a trip to Nashville soon. Would love to see them perform. She is hot!

NC