PDA

View Full Version : Converting FS2004 to CFS2

tonybones2112
January 10th, 2010, 11:17
I found the AlphaOldies section at the Outside and found the rather high-byte count Mig 25 and Tu 16 and thought ah ha ha. Then I discovered they are FS2004. Is there a utility for converting FS2004 to CFS2?

I'm also having no luck with the MD converter for CFS1 over to CFS2, just says in a pop up an "error".

Thanks

oldwheat
January 10th, 2010, 12:09
The Tu-16 converts with a glitch in that the nose wheel doesn't retract ( and yes, it is FR unfriendly). It will convert with Ivan Hsu's MDLC however. Never did try the MiG 25.

OBIO
January 10th, 2010, 14:34
OldWheat

If you still have the TU-16 post conversion...take a look at the contact points. On some of the FS2004 jets that have multiple nose wheels, there may be two contact point lines for the front wheel. If this is the case, delete one of the front wheel contact points and renumber the list of contact points. This has gotten the non-functioning front gear working on other conversions I have done.

I don't have CFS2 installed at the moment...had a HD glitch and lost 180 gig worth of sim files...so I can't take a look at the plane right now.

OBIO

tonybones2112
January 10th, 2010, 14:49
The Tu-16 converts with a glitch in that the nose wheel doesn't retract ( and yes, it is FR unfriendly). It will convert with Ivan Hsu's MDLC however. Never did try the MiG 25.

I'll look and see if I have that one, Wheat. Thanks. I'll do the -25 if I do.

Bonesky

tonybones2112
January 10th, 2010, 14:51
OldWheat

If you still have the TU-16 post conversion...take a look at the contact points. On some of the FS2004 jets that have multiple nose wheels, there may be two contact point lines for the front wheel. If this is the case, delete one of the front wheel contact points and renumber the list of contact points. This has gotten the non-functioning front gear working on other conversions I have done.

I don't have CFS2 installed at the moment...had a HD glitch and lost 180 gig worth of sim files...so I can't take a look at the plane right now.

OBIO

That gives me nightmares Obio, I hope your stuff waas backed up.

Bones