PDA

View Full Version : Just to get Led Zep all agitated!

ndicki
January 10th, 2010, 08:43
I thought I'd finish these. So now, I'm just waiting for permissions from one or two people before deciding whether to upload as complete aircraft or as skins. Most are for the French Campaign, but not all as you can tell. There'll be a replacement Greek one before long, too - that one I did for MAW years ago is not much good...

dsawan
January 10th, 2010, 08:48
Looks nice. Hope you can rel;ease them as standalones. thx.

flashgordon
January 10th, 2010, 09:23
Look top notch.

If permissions are not forthcoming would suggest that the readme has a proposed model name so that we can produce compatible a/c.

Emile
January 10th, 2010, 09:41
Looks nice. Hope you can release them as standalones. thx.

Yes, please

Thanks in advance

remcoc
January 10th, 2010, 09:42
They are stunning as ever!

Good show!
:medals:
RemcoC

Led Zeppelin
January 10th, 2010, 09:42
:pop4::greenbo:

ndicki
January 10th, 2010, 09:43
Flash - agreed. I'll chuck something together if it's not possible otherwise. The thing is, it'll require people to have the stock MAW aircraft to work from, and even then...

As promised, a Greek one:

ndicki
January 11th, 2010, 04:47
Permissions are in; Viso and Bear have both agreed to let me upload them as stand-alones. Once I've worked out the packaging, I'll be sending them in. Believe it or not, it's the packaging that's the difficult bit!

Pat Pattle
January 11th, 2010, 05:00
Great Nigel! Thankyou (and Viso & bear of course!) :)

Whilst you have your brushes out, ever fancy doing some Anson skins, pretty please? I haven't looked to see what's around at present, if anything.
We only have the ai a/c with no flyable version but I've been collecting info to model a VC at some point.

ndicki
January 11th, 2010, 05:31
Erm... Well... I'd been trying to avoid whole new projects... But I agree, the Annie could do with a lick of paint. Who's got the wireframe? That always helps a great deal. Nine skinners out of ten fail to line up the moving parts correctly, with the result that you spend hours - quite literally - trying to work out where the ailerons are, etc, etc, so it's best to ignore everything that already exists!

Pat Pattle
January 11th, 2010, 05:51
I think it was Corrado who made the Annie, but Ihave no contact details. The source model would be very handy for the cockpit model too.

flashgordon
January 11th, 2010, 06:09
"Believe it or not, it's the packaging that's the difficult bit!"

I always have trouble with those little bows myself. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

ndicki
January 11th, 2010, 06:44
Nine of the bloody things... Done. Give Douglas a chance, and they're all yours.

Corrado is out of the game; the last I heard is that he was really not at all well, so I'm not going to bother him. Up to you if you want to try...

ndicki
January 11th, 2010, 11:27
Make it ten. This one has an unusual arrangement of fuselage markings... No.103 Sqn, lost on 10th May 1940 over Luxemburg.

Pat Pattle
January 11th, 2010, 21:53
No.103 Sqn, lost on 10th May 1940 over Luxemburg.

A very sobering read on the subject is 'Valiant Wings' by Norman Franks, the story of the Battle & Blenheim squadrons in France.

Thanks again Nigel, very nice indeed :)

ndicki
January 12th, 2010, 03:58
I should think it is sobering... I had a bit of a chat with Ken Smales, who was in XV Sqn, if I remember correctly (he ended up in 44 Sqn, which is how we got talking - he saw the "Rhodesia" tabs on my Service Dress. Long story...) and he told me about his experiences in the AASF. Luckily for him, he was one of the few who managed to avoid some of the more unpleasant experiences.

Anyway, glad to be of some use!

Led Zeppelin
January 12th, 2010, 09:56
fantastic, thanks!!

I've build a 10th may 40 historical mission but depicting a 150 squadron mission, also over Luxembourg. It will be release in the next ETO add on.

They will be perfect to fly it!!!! But damned, this bloody flak may scratch a little bit those lovely skins... :bump:

ndicki
January 12th, 2010, 10:07
I might have known - you lot aren't able to contemplate a thing of beauty without finding half-a-dozen ways to kak it up. Bloody Philistines!

Led Zeppelin
January 12th, 2010, 11:46
Taking off for a bombing mission in Greece, 14th november 1940 (this one is from Bob Wulfman mission pack).

ndicki
January 13th, 2010, 09:21
Did you bring it back in one piece? :icon_lol:

Led Zeppelin
January 13th, 2010, 10:00
yes!! But one of my wingman was shot down by a CR42... :isadizzy:

ndicki
January 13th, 2010, 11:13
Oh dear. Like I said, give you lot some nice, modern aeroplanes and look what you do with them. Get shot down by the Italians...

Interesting that in May 1940, the CR-42s were on our side...