PDA

View Full Version : Re-Release of Bald Mountain

falcon409
January 10th, 2010, 07:46
Since I've been flying Mike's new Super Cub (I have the Extreme version), I started going back to all the airports I did for Maine (man there were a bunch too). Probably my favorite is Bald Mountain. It's a small dirt private strip on the side of a mountain that is perfect for this type of airplane (you either take off uphill or downhill, lol). There are some things I learned after I released this airstrip that I wanted to go back and fix (water in the ponds and seasonal vegetation to name a few). So I'm working on it to get those things fixed (as you can see in the pic). When it's finished, which should be pretty quick, I'll post it for download. . .again.

Thoe6969
January 10th, 2010, 08:21
Sounds great,I bought the extreme version also so I can use some nice stol strips.Thanks for your never ending work.

falcon409
January 10th, 2010, 08:41
Sounds great,I bought the extreme version also so I can use some nice stol strips.Thanks for your never ending work.
Yep, havin' fun with the Extreme Bush for sure. The photoimage in this pic works pretty well with the fall scheme, so this re-release will have seasonal ground textures for Spring/Summer and Fall (still don't have a real idea how to do Winter), plus the seasonal vegetation to go with it. Funny how I spent hours trying to figure out how to add water to small ponds. It drove me nuts. I tried all sorts of hydro polys, different elevations, all sorts of various things I figured would work. Finally someone (maybe LCSims) said, all ya gotta do is a water mask, lol. Doh!:173go1:

ryanbatc
January 10th, 2010, 08:44
How fast does the extreme experimental version go? That's the pack I'm looking at I really like those huge tires.

Also how are the fps?

falcon409
January 10th, 2010, 09:14
I set everything at the max, but out of the danger areas, lol and I cruise at 110 to 120. I haven't seen any difference in my fps. I also open the passenger door and window and gives me a great view out the rt side, especially over water when I was trying to skim.:salute:

2Low
January 10th, 2010, 09:17
How fast does the extreme experimental version go? That's the pack I'm looking at I really like those huge tires.

Also how are the fps?

At full power (2700rpm), 1500ft, level flight I get 110 to 115.
Same condition at 2300rpm I get 90 to 95.

Falcon I'm looking forward to your new Bald Mountain, looks good.:applause:

ryanbatc
January 10th, 2010, 09:24
Excellent! Anything faster than the A2A cub works for me.

falcon409
January 10th, 2010, 09:45
Excellent! Anything faster than the A2A cub works for me.
lol, yep!:applause:

Overshoe
January 10th, 2010, 10:37
I loved the original Bald Mountain so I am really looking forward to this version.:salute:

falcon409
January 10th, 2010, 18:33
A few shots while shooting approaches. Mike's Cub is so well suited to this strip. Those flaps practically allow the Cub to float down onto the runway. . .amazing.