PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of 'ntdll.DLL' crashes?

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 14:27
Hey guys,

Anyone heard of crashes in FS caused by a 'ntdll.DLL' file?

This actually occurred in FS2004. I realise though that most devs hang out over here in FSX, so I am asking here. (Some might remember of this happening from a while back).

This is the first time I have heard of this occuring. Anyone have any idea's what it could be?

He boots up the plane and then his sim crashes with the notice that this DLL file crashed.

Bill

harleyman
January 9th, 2010, 14:43
Here are two things Bill..

The problem resides in your main fs9 MODULES folder. (not sure which module is causing the problem) but anyhow I reinstalled the the original FS9 cd modules folder and replaced the one I had, and now it works again, no more NTDLL.DLL ERROR!!!

http://forums1.avsim.net/lofiversion/index.php/t259277.html

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 16:39
Awesome... Many thanks HM!

Youre the man!

Bill

Francois
January 10th, 2010, 01:39
Yes, I used to have them in FS2004 on XP sometimes. I think Harkeyman solved it already. If not, I'll delve into my history if needed ;-)

txnetcop
January 10th, 2010, 06:55
Others are going to find themselves in the same situation at times so it is really good to understand what an Ntdll.dll error is.

What is Ntdll.dll?

Ntdll.dll is a Native API file of Microsoft operating systems and it contains NT kernel functions. Depending on your operating system version, this file is located in the C:\Windows\System32, C:\Winnt\System32, or C:\i386 folder.

Ntdll.dll Error

Ntdll.dll error usually occurs due to an unknown hard drive error. When the error occurs your Microsoft Windows system may stop working or crash. These errors may cause IE7 and Windows explorer problems and you may find it difficult to complete any task on your PC.

The following are some of the common error messages that you may encounter when an Ntdll error occurs.

STOP: C0000221 Unknown Hard Error \SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll
STOP: C0000221 unknown hard error Path\File_name
STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard errorC:\Winnt\System32\Ntdll.dll (or another specific file or driver)
STOP: 0xC0000221 STATUS_IMAGE_CHECKSUM_MISMATCHPath\File_name

Discussed below are some of the common causes of these errors and the methods that you may use to fix them.

Corrupt or Faulty Windows Installation

If you receive Ntdll error soon after you have installed windows on your system, then you must first check that the disk you used to install the operating system is not damaged or scratched. This is because, many times, even with a damaged disk you may be able to complete the installation but the installation process may encounter some problems that may generate the error later.

The error may also occur if you try to perform the installation using an illegal copy or a burned copy of the operating system. Therefore, it is recommended that you install Windows only by using the original, legitimate installation disk.

Malfunctioning Hardware

Windows installation problems and Ntdll errors may also occur if the cable that is used to connect the hard disk to the motherboard of your system is defective.

You may troubleshoot the problem by connecting your hard disk to another cable of the same type used by some other device on your PC. Some of the devices that use the same cable as the hard disk are CD, DVD, and Zip drives.

If you are able to resolve the error by changing the cable, you must purchase a new cable for your hard disk to permanently fix the error.

Obsolete or Faulty Driver Files

Outdated and faulty drivers can also cause Ntdll.dll errors on your system. Therefore, it is important for you to ensure that the drivers of your motherboard, hard disk, CD/DVD, and any other disk drivers connected to your system are updated and free of errors. Also, while downloading and installing the drivers, you must ensure that you download drivers that are compatible with your hardware and operating system.

Here is a place to go to replace missing dll files as well
http://www.dll-downloads.com/
Ted

Lionheart
January 10th, 2010, 11:44
Many thanks Ted.

Thats great to know. Thanks for explaining things in full detail and the link to get files to repair/replace.

Bill