PDA

View Full Version : Graphic problem

Vratan
January 9th, 2010, 12:33
Hi,
I have problem in FSXA on my new PC. In DX10 preview is all ok (only flickering, but it's another problem with easy trick ;o), but without DX10 I have...sorry I don't know how it say...several cut on 2D panel. Look into pictures. It's not only CS 130 problem, all aircraft have this cut. Anyone know what this could be? Sorry for my terrible english.

My PC:
INTEL Core i5-750 Quad-Core
RAM 4GB
SAPPHIRE HD 5770 with last drivers 9.12 and hotfix
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

original big picture http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/nodx10.jpg

http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/grafika3.jpg

falcon409
January 9th, 2010, 12:45
These appear to be pop ups. . .does the effect also show itself in the sim? If it doesn't I wouldn't see it as a problem really. If it's tearing to the point you can't read something, or if it actually is visible in the sim as well, then I would look at your Graphics drivers for updates first.

rdyoung
January 9th, 2010, 13:06
That slight tearing is characteristic of many if not most ATI Radeon based video cards, it seems. It occurs only in the sim in 2D panels and 2D panel popups as far as I know. I have come across other forum messages about this (AVSIM for example) but I have not read of any way to get rid of it totally. It often appears in areas that don't matter much.

Rick

harleyman
January 9th, 2010, 13:43
Its not drivers..he has the latest...

All you can do is make sure that your video card resolution/ Refresh rate match that of your monitor....

falcon409
January 9th, 2010, 15:24
Its not drivers..he has the latest...All you can do is make sure that your video card resolution/ Refresh rate match that of your monitor....
I can always learn something from you harleyman. . .this is one of those times.
You'd think that someone who has been simming as long as I have would know this stuff, but when I buy a new monitor or graphics card. . .I plug em' in and go on about my business expecting that they know exactly what they're supposed to do and that they do it, lol. Where do I check the details you're referring to?

harleyman
January 9th, 2010, 16:03
Um...Lets see...

Your monitor will have a resolution size that is recomended...

If its a LCD the refresh rate for them is pretty much 60Hz.

So..My 24" monitor has a resolution of 1920 X 1200...

In the video card properties I set that resolution to that..This can also be done by right clicking the desktop, selecting personalize, and then settings for display..

Then, In FSX set that screen resolution also to match how your monitor is set...

Hope that was understandable..i am better at doing than explaining...LOL

Vratan
January 10th, 2010, 12:10
I have 21" LCD, 1600x1200 60Hz. Problem is only in 2D panel (main panel, pop ups, FsPassengers mini panel), in virtual cocpit and external view is all ok. I think this is only problem ATI card..mayby only 5770. Next SW works fine - Arma2, FarCry2, Rise of Flight...old games too.

harleyman
January 10th, 2010, 13:56
Is your 5770 a Gig Card?

Is it also a 256 bit interface, or a 128 bit?

Vratan
January 10th, 2010, 22:27
Yes, 1 GB and 128 bit interface. Grr, I can't post links...but it's SAPPHIRE HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCIE (New Edition).

IanP
January 10th, 2010, 22:43
I've used ATI cards for years and not experienced that, so it's not "an ATI problem", it's more specific than that. Also, check that your monitor really does only support 60Hz. In this room, there are currently five LCDs (a 19", a 17" and a 15" plus two notebooks) all of which support 75Hz native and have done for years, so it's worth checking!

Vratan
January 10th, 2010, 23:48
Oups, my mistake, it's 20" not 21" - Fujitsu Siemens Scenicview P20-2. In monitor setup I have only 60 Hz, only compatible frequency is unchecked.

Vratan
January 17th, 2010, 02:05
I have done some test, but with the same resoult.

- change resolution - not solved
- fullscreen/windowed - not solved
- aero on/off - not solved
- change resolution and frequency (1280x1024, 75Hz) - not solved
- change compatibility - not solved
- reinstal drivers from CD - not solved

It seems that the problem will be a combination of HW and SW on my PC :( Maybe.

harleyman
January 17th, 2010, 02:37
What is HW and SW ?

That new ATL card with the 128 bit is the lower of the new ones..

The 256 runs much stronger...BUT

I don't think thats your problem at all..its a nice card all the same..

I think I remember seeing that with an addon I have a year or so back.I could be wrong..But it seems famaliar the more I look at your pics..

I am still unclear as to how to cure it... sorry You did all I know to try for now...

harleyman
January 17th, 2010, 02:40
After looking again I see its only in DX9 that it splits..

have you tried to update DX9 at all???

Vratan
January 17th, 2010, 04:27
What is HW and SW ?

Hardware and Software ;)

In Windows 7 Home premium is only DX11, I think. And if I don't check DX10 preview, I don't know how version FSXA use :o) I installed DirectX End-User Runtimes (August 2009), but I don't know if it has any impact on the system.

IanP
January 17th, 2010, 05:09
In Windows 7 Home premium is only DX11, I think.

Windows 7 - or at least the one I have installed - has DX9, DX10 and DX11. FSX uses DX9, or DX10 with the tickbox enabled, but that's only a fractionally-functional "preview" mode. FSX has never heard of DX11, so hasn't got a clue how to use it. ;)

Therefore, if the problem isn't with the DX10 tickbox checked, it's a DX9 problem.

Vratan
January 22nd, 2010, 08:37
I have progress. I tried to change the graphics card drivers i Catalyst Control Center, but no change. Only one. If I change in Anti-Alising mode setup from Adaptive Multi-sample AA to Superi-sample AA, problem solved!! :icon_eek: But, only if I on AA (on card setup or FSX). Bad thing is...very...VERY blurry panel. Hmm, I'm crazy from this. I have to get some other graphics card to try.

http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/ati.jpg blurred panel, but without "cut"
http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/ati2.jpg panel with "cut"

This setting eliminate "cuts"
http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/ccc.jpg

Compare settins.

http://bloudisko.cvars.cz/img/ati3.jpg

Vratan
January 24th, 2010, 01:11
Next step...I change ATI 5770 to nVidia 7800GTX...and all ok. FSX without cuts, Gmax works id OpenGL. Oldies but goldies ;o) I'm looking for new nVidia card, maybe this is the way.

Bjoern
January 24th, 2010, 11:59
Try to get a GTX260 or so, they could be quite cheap. At least they were back in summer...

harleyman
January 24th, 2010, 13:16
I think that I would quit looking at the split and have fun flying personally.

yes its irratating , but how often do you use that panel in FSx ? lol

Have you tried in CCC to use the BOXED Or TENT setting in AA ?