PDA

View Full Version : Two Intriguing Job Openings...

n4gix
January 9th, 2010, 11:54
The following two job openings have come to my attention. I choose at this time not to speculate on what they might portend for the future, but thought others here might wish to do so... :bump:

The first opening is with Microsoft Canada, Aces Game Studio...
http://www.microsoft-entertainment-jobs.com/job/Sr_-Software-Development-Engineer-(SDE)-(709187-External)-Job/693676/

The second opening is with Microsoft USA, Microsoft Games Studio, Flight Live team
http://www.microsoft-entertainment-jobs.com/job/Software-Development-Engineer-MGS-Job/653341/

stansdds
January 9th, 2010, 12:05
Both jobs mention multi-player and networking, so maybe it will be CFS 4?

harleyman
January 9th, 2010, 12:20
A Job???????

I'm outta here............

I had a few...Don't really care for them much..

Thanks for the heads up.

CG_1976
January 9th, 2010, 12:56
No thank you, Thanks for the HU. I have the best job in the world SAR.

Wulf190
January 9th, 2010, 13:13
How 'bout hiring the 'old' Aces team back? And THIS time DON'T put them on a time crunch. Problem solved. 'I'll get me coat now'

HundertzehnGustav
January 9th, 2010, 13:17
Yikes... Cfs4 a la "Rise of flight", only online...
Played on a Playstation Keypad thing...

BRRRrrrRRrrrR

Should i apply, and if accepted, sabotage that crap?

n4gix
January 9th, 2010, 13:33
Both jobs mention multi-player and networking, so maybe it will be CFS 4?

Note carefully that the two jobs are for two different studios. The projects they will apparently develop are for two separate "products."

The one from MS Canada will be PC based.
The one from MS US will be X-Box based.

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 14:31
Thanks for the heads up Bill. Interesting news.

How is the original Aces team doing with their new gaming studio?

Bill

n4gix
January 9th, 2010, 15:51
How is the original Aces team doing with their new gaming studio?

I don't have a clue. They've not made any further announcements yet. :mixedsmi:

Bjoern
January 9th, 2010, 17:30
I'll take the one at Aces.
FSXI will be tubeliner heaven! :d

GT182
January 9th, 2010, 18:30
I'll take the one at Aces.
FSXI will be tubeliner heaven! :d

I for one say we need a Combat version of FSX. With all the great warbirds made for FSX, it would be a down right shame to waste them for what they're ment to be. CFS 1 2 and 3 didn't cut it for me. IL2 was more like it but not all it could have been. I still want a sim where you can man all the positions in a WWII bomber and play online as a group in muliplayer. And have the choice of being in a bomber or fighter. Plus have all the great graphics of FSX. It could be done if someone really wanted to do it and do it right.

Railrunner130
January 9th, 2010, 18:46
I think what would be best would be FS-11 with a series of modules. One would be combat, another would be Air Traffic Control. Maybe a ship sim.

Willy
January 9th, 2010, 20:12
Job? That entails that 4 letter word... work! No thanks!

Piglet
January 9th, 2010, 20:31
If I met all of the requirements stated in those two ads, why does the bottom line in the second ad matter?

A BS degree in computer science, related disciplines

HundertzehnGustav
January 10th, 2010, 01:30
You go apply anyway - i would use, say, a CFS4 where You had your hands on... Rather than to fly something designed by a complete stranger.

:bump:

Francois
January 10th, 2010, 01:41
A Bull S**t degree in Computer Science? Never heard of that.

djscoo
January 10th, 2010, 01:46
If I met all of the requirements stated in those two ads, why does the bottom line in the second ad matter?

A Piglet's Peculiar Planes sim...Hot Damn!

n4gix
January 10th, 2010, 10:44
I really think that in fairness MS should add something like the following to all their job announcements...

Must be quick and agile enough to recover quickly from the vissicitudes of these positions and the indecision of senior management.
Hint: if hired, don't buy a house...