PDA

View Full Version : Super Cub: Now Available

Pages : [1] 2

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2010, 09:38
(Mods please do not erase this thread!)

The Super Cub is now available, via easy, quick and secure purchase at the store here:
http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm

Assuming you like what you see, once you've made your purchase, you'll receive two emails: one with your order information, and one with the download link. If you only receive one, check your spam or junk mail inboxes.

For those for whom download size is important (in case one time of day is better than another, or for bandwidth issues), the package sizes are as follows:
Complete Package: 429 Mb
Extreme: 164 mb
Standard: 205 Mb
Classic: 132 Mb
IFR: 46 Mb
To fully enjoy (and understand) the Super Cubs, you really need to read the Manual first. The Manual also has hints for FSX setup in case that's important for your rig. For those who just can't wait and will jump in straight away, here are a couple of pointers to get you past the first few minutes:
- If it's a knob, or the gear or flap lever, you will probably need to use the mousewheel. Clicking alone will not work.
- The flaps are powerful - be prepared.

Want a rifle? Read the manual. :)

I hope you like.

Mike

gajit
January 9th, 2010, 10:20
Its fantastic - great value and so much fun - and well done for making it so frame rate friendly

Best release this year!! (and best super cub in FSX history IMO) :salute:

PS - who is the attractive passenger modeled on?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/supa.jpg

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 10:47
Congradulations on the release Mike! I didnt realise it was this soon!

WOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!

:applause: :medals: :applause:

Bill

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2010, 11:52
PS - who is the attractive passenger modeled on?

Just your average girl. ;)

Same with the pilot.

Mike

Boomer
January 9th, 2010, 12:00
Just your average girl. ;)

Same with the pilot.

Hes just your average girl too?? Me thinks there is a story in there but I will leave it alone :monkies:

Great stuff Mike! I got the whole package & it is impressive!

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2010, 12:12
Hes just your average girl too?? Me thinks there is a story in there but I will leave it alone :monkies:

Great stuff Mike! I got the whole package & it is impressive!

LOL, DON'T make me change the post. And thanks. :)

Mike

WF442
January 9th, 2010, 13:05
I took the leap and purchased the full package tonight. Great models and Cockpits, but somehow I find the speed a tad off. It can`t be normal to fly the Super Cub on 40-50% throttle and still struggle with getting into the yellow range in level flight. No chance of overheating the engine this way. :jump:

Regards
Bjørn E.

doublecool
January 9th, 2010, 13:31
Wonderful Project Mike :applause:

You did not disappoint :wavey:

Got the complete Package and i'm taking a short flight in each to enjoy :jump:
their differences.

gonna be abit :running:

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2010, 13:37
I took the leap and purchased the full package tonight. Great models and Cockpits, but somehow I find the speed a tad off. It can`t be normal to fly the Super Cub on 40-50% throttle and still struggle with getting into the yellow range in level flight. No chance of overheating the engine this way. :jump:

Regards
Bjørn E.

Hi Bjørn,

At 75% power (approx 2300 rpm) you should find yourself at or just below 100 mph.

Mike

robcap
January 9th, 2010, 13:46
Landed somewhere in Tongass Fjords, and floated untill I gently hit the shore.
Just hope I didn't damage the floats.
It's a very nice package. I guess I'll start reading the manual now.

Cheers, R.

jojohnson9
January 9th, 2010, 13:49
Bought it...flying it...loving it. This is an incredible FSX Super Cub. I've been making do with the Aerosoft PA-18, also a great product but for FS9.
I haven't read the whole manual, so this may be answered in it. Check New World Mailer (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?new-world/) on Catalogue AU (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?).I have not been able to check the fuel levels in the gauges. Can't see any level in the glass. Anyone else have this problem?
And yes, careful with those flaps!!

pbearsailor
January 9th, 2010, 13:54
I know I'm doing this backwards :icon_lol:, but I haven't flown it yet. I've only read the manual. Thanks for all the effort you put into a really great manual, Mike!! Much appreciated. :medals:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2010, 13:58
Bought it...flying it...loving it. This is an incredible FSX Super Cub. I've been making do with the Aerosoft PA-18, also a great product but for FS9.
I haven't read the whole manual, so this may be answered in it. I have not been able to check the fuel levels in the gauges. Can't see any level in the glass. Anyone else have this problem?

You won't see any level until you've used up a quarter of your fuel or so, and then you'll see the fuel-lever indicator balls floating in the tubes. Then you'll have a clearer idea of how much fuel you have left. When the tanks are full, the balls are hidden up at the top end of those tubes.

Mike

scottmm73
January 9th, 2010, 13:59
I haven't read the whole manual, so this may be answered in it. I have not been able to check the fuel levels in the gauges. Can't see any level in the glass. Anyone else have this problem?

You will not be able to see the ball floats until some of the fuel is exhausted...or you can go into the fuel and payload dialog and change the fuel to half full to see them.

Mike beat me to it.

Snaker
January 9th, 2010, 14:02
I posted in the thread below but thought you might want to keep everything in one thread. Here is my question: Any chance you could list exactly what won't work with SP2 ?

Thanks

gajit
January 9th, 2010, 14:33
This looks great no matter what the light - more you look the more detail you see

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/supa2.jpg

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2010, 14:34
I posted in the thread below but thought you might want to keep everything in one thread. Here is my question: Any chance you could list exactly what won't work with SP2 ?

Thanks

I'm not sure of everything that doesn't function properly, and it doesn't appear constatant across the board, but as far as I know from testing on the Super Cubs the door open/close clickspots function only as one door (so clicking one door can sometime make both work together), and turning on the radio power button can turn off the master battery switch.

Hope that helps!

Mike

lawdawg
January 9th, 2010, 14:52
Wow Gajit,
Nice shot! I am still downloading, thanks to the slooooow speed here.
Can't wait to fly her.
Thanks Mike in advance :salute:

Snaker
January 9th, 2010, 16:29
I'm not sure of everything that doesn't function properly, and it doesn't appear constatant across the board, but as far as I know from testing on the Super Cubs the door open/close clickspots function only as one door (so clicking one door can sometime make both work together), and turning on the radio power button can turn off the master battery switch.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Thanks for the info. Very nice looking product! :ernae:

rsharrard
January 9th, 2010, 16:31
You don't know how happy you've made me! I've been wanting a Cubcrafters for a long time. Then I got to fly the L-21 which is almost a perfect match of Shaun Lunts that he stalled and crashed, killing himself in the process looking at whale remains on a beach up in Alsaka. If you would like to check out his web page which his parents have kept up, here is the link.

www.shaunlunt.typepad.com

There are tones of Alaska & Super Cub photos, as well as a small video of shown showing off the stuff he packed in the aircraft for servival in the wilderness of Alaska...
While its not a bad set of aircraft, I just uninstalled my FSAddon Cubs!
Thanks for all your efforts, well worth every dime! Robin:applause::jump::bump:

CodyValkyrie
January 9th, 2010, 18:49
Great! Got the package. Love it! Thanks again Mike!

ryanbatc
January 9th, 2010, 19:44
www.shaunlunt.typepad.com (http://www.shaunlunt.typepad.com)

Incredible pictures there, some of the best I've ever seen of Alaska!!! Unfortunate his adventures had to end.... :(

spotlope
January 9th, 2010, 20:14
Incredible pictures there, some of the best I've ever seen of Alaska!!! Unfortunate his adventures had to end.... :(

All of our adventures end at some point. At least he had a helluva ride along the way. ;) His life was too short, agreed, but what a time he had.

lawdawg
January 9th, 2010, 20:36
All of our adventures end at some point. At least he had a helluva ride along the way. ;) His life was too short, agreed, but what a time he had.

Amen to that!

lawdawg
January 9th, 2010, 21:24
Wow Mike!
This is unbelievably good. Just took her for a short spin (Extreme version).
I am almost speechless. This is my main steed.
Thank you for this. Made a sim dream come true.
:ernae::salute::applause:

cvearl
January 9th, 2010, 22:57
I bought the STANDARD version. I like the model. It looks great. Cockpits great.

I worry it did not install right. I am flying level at 150kts at 75% throttle. Something is amis! It almost as fast as my Mooney! :icon_lol:

It goes to overspeed insanely quick.

Any ideas?

Charles.

falcon409
January 9th, 2010, 23:05
I bought the STANDARD version. I like the model. It looks great. Cockpits great. I worry it did not install right. I am flying level at 150kts. Something is amiss! It almost as fast as my Mooney! :icon_lol:
It goes to overspeed insanely quick. Any ideas?
Charles.
Hey Charles. . .here's an idea. . .shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lol.
Any Cub that has that kind of speed. . .you can always lower your RPM's a bit and cruise along at 110 or so and feel better about it, lol.:salute:

WF442
January 9th, 2010, 23:06
Hi Bjørn,

At 75% power (approx 2300 rpm) you should find yourself at or just below 100 mph.

Mike

At 75% power I find myself going way faster than that. Even with the floats.

Regards
Bjørn E.

cvearl
January 9th, 2010, 23:20
Hey Charles. . .here's an idea. . .shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, lol.
Any Cub that has that kind of speed. . .you can always lower your RPM's a bit and cruise along at 110 or so and feel better about it, lol.:salute:

I am sure there are many real life Supercub pilots that would LOVE to know how I get 180kts out of a standard Supercub. ;)

I just tried various ones.

The first red one wont get over 107. The other two red and white models (wheeled) go to almost 180 at full thottle. :isadizzy:

I am sure it's something simple. Will just wait. There is too much potential here to be worried about it. :)

Charles.

lawdawg
January 9th, 2010, 23:55
Mine (extreme, not L-21 extreme) will not even come close to 180 on full, I guess unless I did a nosedive w/tailwind :icon_lol:
110 maybe otherwise..
That is strange on your end.
Mike will have to advise ya. I would not know where to start.

gajit
January 10th, 2010, 00:45
I agree lawdowg - I cant get high speeds either - just expected IAS.

mike_cyul
January 10th, 2010, 01:09
I bought the STANDARD version. I like the model. It looks great. Cockpits great.

I worry it did not install right. I am flying level at 150kts at 75% throttle. Something is amis! It almost as fast as my Mooney! :icon_lol:

It goes to overspeed insanely quick.

Any ideas?

Charles.

I think you are correct. When the HD crashed in at Christmas, I have the feeling the backup service replaced the airfiles of the Standard with an earlier beta version. If you (and anyone else who would like them) will email me at the support email, I'll send you the correct airfiles. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, I'll update the packages.

Mike

WF442
January 10th, 2010, 01:56
Thanks Mike. E-mail sent. :wavey:

regards
Bjørn Erik Henriksen

gajit
January 10th, 2010, 04:04
Using the paint kit - thanks Mike - it seems to work well. I might try something more difficult once this is done.

Now done with some minor tweaks...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzyytvud2bw/N4090E Sup Cub Amphibian.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-78.jpg

jojohnson9
January 10th, 2010, 04:25
You won't see any level until you've used up a quarter of your fuel or so, and then you'll see the fuel-lever indicator balls floating in the tubes. Then you'll have a clearer idea of how much fuel you have left. When the tanks are full, the balls are hidden up at the top end of those tubes.

Mike
Thanks for the quick response. I now know that the problem is only in the planes with one fuel tank...L-18 & 95hp. The ball remains at the bottom of the gauge with any level of fuel. All other planes indicate correct levels in both tubes. No big problem.... I bought the whole package and have lots of Cubs to fly. I'll just pay closer attention to miles flown when I'm in the little ones.

mike_cyul
January 10th, 2010, 04:52
Thanks for the quick response. I now know that the problem is only in the planes with one fuel tank...L-18 & 95hp. The ball remains at the bottom of the gauge with any level of fuel. All other planes indicate correct levels in both tubes. No big problem.... I bought the whole package and have lots of Cubs to fly. I'll just pay closer attention to miles flown when I'm in the little ones.

Ok, thanks, I didn't realise that - will make the fix. :)

Edit: Checked, and again an airfile replacement issue. Please email me at the support address, and I'll send the revised aircraft.cfg files. In the meantime, the installers will be updated by later today.

Mike

Roger
January 10th, 2010, 06:04
Great work Mike:engel016:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scubr-7.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scubr-6.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scubr-5.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scubr-4.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scubr-3.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/scubr-2.jpg

cvearl
January 10th, 2010, 07:00
I think you are correct. When the HD crashed in at Christmas, I have the feeling the backup service replaced the airfiles of the Standard with an earlier beta version. If you (and anyone else who would like them) will email me at the support email, I'll send you the correct airfiles. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, I'll update the packages.

Mike

Hey that's fantastic! Thanks. :)

email enroute.

Charles.

2Low
January 10th, 2010, 07:22
Having a ball in these Cubs.

One question, is the female passenger only availible in some of the models as I can't seem to get her in the extreme models?

I'm no lady killer in real life but in the virtual world they usually don't shun me too:kilroy::icon_lol:.

scottmm73
January 10th, 2010, 07:37
Having read the manual on installation, I cannot seem to find where it is located. Anyone have an idea?

Disregard found it.

Rezabrya
January 10th, 2010, 07:49
This plane is great Mike! I always wanted A SuperCub for STOL take-offs and landings. The Extreme version is easily my favorite.

mike_cyul
January 10th, 2010, 08:09
Having a ball in these Cubs.

One question, is the female passenger only availible in some of the models as I can't seem to get her in the extreme models?

I'm no lady killer in real life but in the virtual world they usually don't shun me too:kilroy::icon_lol:.

I'm afraid she's only in the Early version. Had to put something in there to tempt everyone away from the Extreme versions. :engel016:

Mike

ShawnG
January 10th, 2010, 08:23
In the extreme version, she should be replaced with an ill-tempered and airsick moose hunter, just in keeping with the plane's ethos.

I'm still having trouble with the 160 hp classic tundra tires version, predominantly when taking off and landing on grass strips (or no strip at all) I did my supercub testing at ORBX's YLIL lilydale freeware yesterday, and that model would go left hard rudder after a few yards on the takeoff roll. did not have that trouble with the other models, even the other tundra models. in further testing I was able to take off from asphalt runways just fine. I did a couple of bush landings in fields and on golf courses, and had the same issue with it going left full rudder on the subsequent takeoff. I think perhaps the damage model is a little on the fragile side on that 160hp classic and that's what's causing the issue. anybody else noticing this?

mike_cyul
January 10th, 2010, 08:36
In the extreme version, she should be replaced with an ill-tempered and airsick moose hunter, just in keeping with the plane's ethos.

I'm still having trouble with the 160 hp classic tundra tires version, predominantly when taking off and landing on grass strips (or no strip at all) I did my supercub testing at ORBX's YLIL lilydale freeware yesterday, and that model would go left hard rudder after a few yards on the takeoff roll. did not have that trouble with the other models, even the other tundra models. in further testing I was able to take off from asphalt runways just fine. I did a couple of bush landings in fields and on golf courses, and had the same issue with it going left full rudder on the subsequent takeoff. I think perhaps the damage model is a little on the fragile side on that 160hp classic and that's what's causing the issue. anybody else noticing this?

Just did some circuits for you at ORBX YLIL (nice airport, do a lot of testing there!), to make sure, and didn't have anything unusual. You're not using SP2 are you? And have you had a look at the settings in the Manual, just in case? Are you using a saved flight at YLIL?

Mike

2Low
January 10th, 2010, 08:51
I'm afraid she's only in the Early version. Had to put something in there to tempt everyone away from the Extreme versions. :engel016:

Mike

No problem Mike, just hunting for bugs for you. I'm happy the way it is.

I'm having lots of fun seeing where I can get these in and out of. They are also great for checking out the detail of my add-on scenery.

Thanks also for making the sounds change when the window is open. It may seem like a small detail but to me it has huge effect on the imersion factor.

olderndirt
January 10th, 2010, 09:11
Mike.....Downloaded your classic package, flew 50C tundra tires - no problem then tried 25FR tundra tires. No directional control on takeoff - wanted to nose-up with least amount of brake. Pretty jerky in flight - nice screenshot though. Saw your earlier question "you're not using SP2, are you" and wonder if this is bad, cause I am. Will await your reply before trying the others.

ryanbatc
January 10th, 2010, 09:27
I think you need Acceleration, not SP2 for this bird

mike_cyul
January 10th, 2010, 09:35
Mike.....Downloaded your classic package, flew 50C tundra tires - no problem then tried 25FR tundra tires. No directional control on takeoff - wanted to nose-up with least amount of brake. Pretty jerky in flight - nice screenshot though. Saw your earlier question "you're not using SP2, are you" and wonder if this is bad, cause I am. Will await your reply before trying the others.

The Super Cubs are for FSX with Acceleration, or FSX Gold, otherwise there will be problems here and there.

Mike

cvearl
January 10th, 2010, 10:00
Thanks for the expeditious delivery of the new air file!

The problems with speed are gone. :)

The seat in my ACA Scout, while a fantastic package in it's own right, is going to see alot less of my ass for the forseeable future. :D

Tongass here I come.

Mike, I have only 5 words for you.

Thanks
for
raising
the
bar :salute:

Charles. :ernae:

CBris
January 10th, 2010, 10:11
Bu66er!!! If I buy this I won't need anything else for a long long while... OK, so where do we start? I mean. I don't want to run the "old and basic" cubs down in any way (A2A and all the others, and your L4 is good too... and the various Austers, Taylorcrafts and things like this that are in my hangar...

I will end up with more Cubs than Eagles! Oh well... Off to the shops I go...

olderndirt
January 10th, 2010, 10:44
The Super Cubs are for FSX with Acceleration, or FSX Gold, otherwise there will be problems here and there.

MikeSeems like you're narrowing your market but whatever. None of the 160hp models do very well - apparently because of this lack of 'acceleration'.

fliger747
January 10th, 2010, 10:46
Though coincedental.... The young lady in the back seat bears a strikng resemblence to my daughter who is a cub driver (and Denali climbing guide).....

She might take offence to taking a back seat to some mere guy.....

Cheers: T

fliger747
January 10th, 2010, 10:49
Accel is a better sim, think of the others as public beta's... Perhaps not the best marketing ploy on the part of the Great Satan of Redmond.... Eventually it will be the one in universal use for FSX'ers.

T

wilycoyote4
January 10th, 2010, 12:12
Though coincedental.... The young lady in the back seat bears a strikng resemblence to my daughter who is a cub driver (and Denali climbing guide).....

She might take offence to taking a back seat to some mere guy.....
She should be in a pilot front seat, I agree, as I've talked, over the years to a few Supercub pilots who are girls of various ages and experience. If your own pilot daughter knows Denali then she is respected by me and for many good reasons.

FSX is the way to be a flight simmer. I've been using it since the very day it came out and was added to my FSX Deluxe installation. I've been simulating flights in FSX Accel addon aircraft for about 2 years and know no reason to do otherwise.

Just my opinions of course.

ShawnG
January 10th, 2010, 13:28
well, I am using SP2. was pretty cool with just dealing with some clickspot issues, but if it's going to F with the flyability of the plane...

I have no qualms with getting the accelleration pack, except that it does not seem to be real available, and Amazon wants 50 bucks for it new, which is more than they want for FSX Gold.

For those of you who have gold, does it come with seperate disks for deluxe and acceleration, or is it one unified install? This is why I haven't done this yet. I do not relish the thought of having to reinstall FSX completely just to upgrade it. too many addons, too many arcane copy protection procedures to wade through (Thanks Mike for not giving me another one) too many repaints to edit the config files of... but if I can install gold right on top, I may do that.

olderndirt
January 10th, 2010, 14:05
Amazon wants 50 bucks for it newThere's a couple of others on the Amazon page for $37 incl shipping but that still makes for some pricey cubs. The 50C on tundra tires model does pretty well in SP2 even has lousy ailerons just like a real cub. Good lander though, nice and smooth in the flare. Guess I can live with those three.

spotlope
January 10th, 2010, 14:08
I just checked my Gold box, and it contains the two FSX Pro installation discs, and a separate disc for Acceleration. It's definitely the way to go, ShawnG.

lawdawg
January 10th, 2010, 15:25
Shawn, I went thru the same dilemma not too long ago. Not wanting to uninstall then go thru
"all that" which is a PITA.
I am glad I did tho. To me it was worth it. Tom said well in his post regarding Microshaft.
I found mine (FSX Gold) at Best Buy (I think).
Yeah, as Bill/Spotlope said, two install disks plus Acceleration. If ya can afford to get Gold,
Get 'er done.

cvearl
January 10th, 2010, 16:27
Shawn, I went thru the same dilemma not too long ago. Not wanting to uninstall then go thru
"all that" which is a PITA.
I am glad I did tho. To me it was worth it. Tom said well in his post regarding Microshaft.
I found mine (FSX Gold) at Best Buy (I think).
Yeah, as Bill/Spotlope said, two install disks plus Acceleration. If ya can afford to get Gold,
Get 'er done.

I saw the Gold Edition at Futureshop or Bestbuy some months ago and picked it up for $30.

Glad I did.

Wife is not.

And mine was Acceleration on a separate DVD.

Speaking of wife. Soon as she hits the sack I am back in my cub tonight for some more test flights. :)

Charles.

rsharrard
January 10th, 2010, 16:50
Just wanted to thank Gajit for the Paint...I hate Geen, especially on yellow, anyway couldn't send a PM cause I don't have 10 posts yet, this will make 9.

Robin

rsharrard
January 10th, 2010, 16:54
Just a quick note to Mike, I know your busy and i sent you a message about getting the replacement .air file, but I also mentioned a challenging place to land with the tundras at NICHIN COVE, and I said it was north of KAKE...Sorry incorrect airport designation, it is PAKW KLAWOCK. Robin

olderndirt
January 10th, 2010, 17:13
There's a couple of others on the Amazon page for $37 incl shipping but that still makes for some pricey cubs. The 50C on tundra tires model does pretty well in SP2 even has lousy ailerons just like a real cub. Good lander though, nice and smooth in the flare. Guess I can live with those three.Adding to my last - just ordered 'Acceleration' new in sealed box from an outfit called 'ZinghZingh' on 'PriceGrabbers' site. $24.50 incl shipping - wish me luck.

LTCSZ
January 10th, 2010, 17:28
Are the new .air files in the current download? Thanks...

lawdawg
January 10th, 2010, 18:07
I saw the Gold Edition at Futureshop or Bestbuy some months ago and picked it up for $30.

Glad I did. (Me too)

Wife is not. Ehh, oh yeah....same here, kinda

And mine was Acceleration on a separate DVD.

Speaking of wife. Soon as she hits the sack I am back in my cub tonight for some more test flights. :)

Charles.

Mine hit the hay and I am flyin, well and here too..:pop4:

mike_cyul
January 10th, 2010, 19:32
Are the new .air files in the current download? Thanks...

Yes, they are.

Mike

monk1
January 10th, 2010, 20:52
Outstanding package Mike! I haven't tested all the models yet but so far the ones I've tried fly and look excellent. Is there a paint kit stashed in there somewhere?

wilycoyote4
January 10th, 2010, 22:46
She should be in a pilot front seat, I agree, as I've talked, over the years to a few Supercub pilots who are girls of various ages and experience. If your own pilot daughter knows Denali then she is respected by me and for many good reasons.

FSX Accel is the way to be a flight simmer. I've been using it since the very day it came out and was added to my FSX Deluxe installation. I've been simulating flights in FSX Accel addon aircraft for about 2 years and know no reason to do otherwise.

Just my opinions of course.

Sorry, have to quote myself to correct myself.

gajit
January 11th, 2010, 01:50
Just wanted to thank Gajit for the Paint...I hate Geen, especially on yellow, anyway couldn't send a PM cause I don't have 10 posts yet, this will make 9.

Robin

Hi Robin

Thanks for that. Im looking out for more schemes to consider and I am sure that Cbris will do his best to give us a fantastic fleet!!

Dimus
January 11th, 2010, 02:22
Downloading now from work. Can't wait to get home and try it. Hope the daughter sleeps early and the wife does not have too many errands for me today.

jojohnson9
January 11th, 2010, 02:52

I checked after reading this post and get the same thing with this version only. I'm running Acceleration.

Mike, thanks for the correct files for the fuel gauge troubles.

lawdawg
January 11th, 2010, 03:45
In the Extreme version, my amp gauge needle partially disappears.
When I turn the panel light on, it comes back fully for a sec then partially goes away again.
I don't know if anyone else uses the extreme version and had same happen to them?

SpaceWeevil
January 11th, 2010, 03:46
I just got the Standard version yesterday - what a great package for under £15, it deserves to sell very well.

Can I just see whether I'm blind or not? I can find the carb heat control on the early version, the L18 and the 160Hp version but not on the 150Hp version or the L21. Am I missing something really obvious?

lawdawg
January 11th, 2010, 03:56
Carb heat is a blue pull knob, I think on the left side of panel front. (I think)
Gets harder to see as ya get older..lol
Memory starts to slip gears a little too.

SpaceWeevil
January 11th, 2010, 04:29
Yes - it is in the other versions, and a recessed control on the left cockpit wall in the L18, but I can't see it here at all! The grey knob on the left is the primer, the black one on the right is the cabin vent. I just know I'm missing something obvious.

SpaceWeevil
January 11th, 2010, 04:35
Just to say that I've heard from Mike already via FR Support and he's looking into it. I've never been anything but delighted with FR releases and customer service!

lawdawg
January 11th, 2010, 04:49
Spaceweevil,

Thanks for the heads up regarding Mike.

Edit: The carb heat controls for those models are located on the right tire valve stem, just open the door and..
Naw, there is no carb heat. You missed nothing friend.

mike_cyul
January 11th, 2010, 07:00
Just to say that I've heard from Mike already via FR Support and he's looking into it. I've never been anything but delighted with FR releases and customer service!

Ok, my mistake, yes inded the carb heat controls were missing in the Standard, L-21 and Wheel-Ski. I've redone the models to put these items back in, and new installers will be uploaded today. I've also updated the airfiles in the L-21 and Wheel-Ski versions to conform to the correct Standard ones.

So just to wrap up support issues to date:

Only Complete and Standard package are effected.

- Airfiles are now up to date for the Standard, L-21 and Wheel-Ski versions;

- Airfiles are now up to date for the fuel gauges in the Early and L-18 versions;

- Carb heat knobs are now in the Standard, L-21 and Wheel-Ski versions, and will be in the new installers (see below).

Correct airfiles mentioned above are avilable right now via email at the support address. Installers available later today through your original download links will have all the above incorporated. As soon as I know the new installers are available, I'll post here.

Mike

Timber
January 11th, 2010, 07:12
Thanks Mike for your great support. This is an outstanding package.
If you FR Super Cub pilots want some real challenging flying check out the airstrips that Raw Grit provides for Papua New Guinea.

Timber

gajit
January 11th, 2010, 07:30
Yes - brilliant product and service - so many other producers need to use this as a good example of a well made and tested product.

Its so nice to get in and go in a plane without the feeling that I am beta testing like a few years ago :ernae:

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/supa3.jpg

mike_cyul
January 11th, 2010, 10:23
The new installers are now available (as of 2 pm Eastern).

Mike

monk1
January 11th, 2010, 11:22

Mike

Mike,

I have the full package. Just for clarification, do we download the entire package again from our original links and then reinstall over the original install?

-Bob

gajit
January 11th, 2010, 11:30
Repaint 2 on the way

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-79.jpg

mike_cyul
January 11th, 2010, 11:38
Mike,

I have the full package. Just for clarification, do we download the entire package again from our original links and then reinstall over the original install?

-Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, download the installer again from the original link. I recommend that you uninstall the old package first, and then install the new one.

Mike

Canloan
January 11th, 2010, 11:38
Mike,

-Bob

Well, I just finished re-downloading and installing the "complete" package (I uninstalled the original) however, on my first load (the L-21) I see that the carb heat still doesn't appear to be there...

We might have to wait for a confirmation that the "complete" package installer has in fact been updated. Hey, we can still fly these incredible aircraft so a slight delay isn't all that too onerous. :jump:

Arnold Kirby
Kelowna BC Canada

mike_cyul
January 11th, 2010, 11:39
Repaint 2 on the way

Nice, John! If you need any help locating parts, just let me know (via the support address). :)

Mike

cvearl
January 11th, 2010, 11:40

Mike

From the original emailed links from when I bought this on the first day?

Or is there new download sections.

I was housecleaning aircraft and uninstalled it.

Where can I get the latest download of the Standard Variants I bought.

Thanks,

Charles.

PS - I will respond to the email you sent for the original air files of that's easier for you.

Charles.

*EDIT* Sorry I got your last email with the three update files. I responded there.

Thanks for the personalized customer service efforts!

monk1
January 11th, 2010, 11:53
Well, I just finished re-downloading and installing the "complete" package (I uninstalled the original) however, on my first load (the L-21) I see that the carb heat still doesn't appear to be there...

We might have to wait for a confirmation that the "complete" package installer has in fact been updated. Hey, we can still fly these incredible aircraft so a slight delay isn't all that too onerous. :jump:

Arnold Kirby
Kelowna BC Canada

Not sure if this is indicative of anything but I downloaded the full package again and noticed that the application file has the same date and time as my original download.

gajit
January 11th, 2010, 11:55
Nice, John! If you need any help locating parts, just let me know (via the support address). :)

Mike

Thanks so much - i just have a few bits to locate - I will email if i cannot find! :salute:

chet twowolves
January 11th, 2010, 12:03
Mikes.outstanding super cub.:applause:

mike_cyul
January 11th, 2010, 12:18

Arnold Kirby
Kelowna BC Canada

I just downloaded an installed directly from the store to check, and everything is there. You may have downloaded before the server updated itself?

To everyone, you should uninstall your Complete or Standard package before downloading and installing the new versions. That way you will be sure you have the latest.

The names of the installer .zip folder will be the same, so that there are no problems when using your original download links.

Mike

Canloan
January 11th, 2010, 13:22
Hello Mike,

I just re-downloaded the complete package subseqent to your last posting here confirming the update...however the installation "exe" file appears to be same one as the one I downloaded earlier. It has a modified date and timestamp of 1/10/2010 9:22 AM.

I would have thought it would dated and timestamped sometime today. I can contact you via your support e-mail if it would be more appropriate.

Many thanks.

Arnold Kirby

mike_cyul
January 11th, 2010, 13:27
Hello Mike,

I just re-downloaded the complete package subseqent to your last posting here confirming the update...however the installation "exe" file appears to be same one as the one I downloaded earlier. It has a modified date and timestamp of 1/10/2010 9:22 AM.

I would have thought it would dated and timestamped sometime today. I can contact you via your support e-mail if it would be more appropriate.

Many thanks.

Arnold Kirby

That's strange. The one I downloaded just an hour ago is stamped 1/11/2019 11:06 AM. Perhaps it's an overwrite issue on your computer?

What happens if you uninstall from FSX, then erase the present installer you have, and then download again?

Mike

Canloan
January 11th, 2010, 13:41
Hi Mike,

The last download was from my original email notification and the zip file was saved to a completely different directory. I then extracted the zip file into its own directory. The resulting "exe" file was the one which was dated 9:22 AM 1/10/2010. Go figure.

I am assuming that the e-mail link I am utilizing should be pointing to the new updated zip file. I will download one more time after posting this note...wish me luck and I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Arnold

Canloan
January 11th, 2010, 14:22
Well, I just looked at the file I just downloaded and it is the Jan 10/2010 9:22 AM file again. Has anybody else re-downloaded the complete package again and if so what date is the resulting installation "exe" file?

Mike, I can send you a note via your support e-mail and provide you with the link details that I am downloading from...if that might help in resolving this.

Thanks,

Arnold

Fireball6
January 11th, 2010, 14:23
Hello Mike - just to let you know - after download and install from the original downloadlink it is still the same version. (Try it twice with uninstall and complete new installation). As you can see below - no carb-heat knob there.

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

Deano
January 11th, 2010, 14:25
maybe clear your browser cache ? and restart your PC

rdyoung
January 11th, 2010, 14:47
I'm getting the same files after a couple of re-downloads of the standard version, too.

Rick

SpaceWeevil
January 11th, 2010, 15:03
maybe clear your browser cache ? and restart your PC

Good suggestion. I did both, and even tried IE instead of Firefox, but it's still the original file. I have faith, this will be sorted soon!

Thog10
January 11th, 2010, 15:43
yup... same problem here. Downloaded file stamped 1/11/10. Unzipped file stamped 1/8/10.

Thank you for working to sort all this out. Even with a hiccup or two, it is an amazing product that I would recommend to everyone who likes flying small planes in and out of very tight places.

rsharrard
January 11th, 2010, 16:24
Same for me as well, cleared everything I could, tride everthing I could. Just reinstalled the last one so I can go fly until this is sorted out. Flying the Extreme, Experimental, and IFR Floats mostly anyway.... Robin

lawdawg
January 11th, 2010, 16:47
I would not recommend flying real world weather in Tongass or BC areas near Tongass. Anywhere else mostly in Alaska for that matter..
Weather is really bad right now. The wind I hear outside the house is somethin else.
It is butt cold here right now.
Gotta watch the new cub and make sure the wings don't get ripped off or start flying unattended.

mike_cyul
January 11th, 2010, 18:11
Same for me as well, cleared everything I could, tride everthing I could. Just reinstalled the last one so I can go fly until this is sorted out. Flying the Extreme, Experimental, and IFR Floats mostly anyway.... Robin

Well, that's really bizarre. I'll ask the folks that run the store servers, just to be sure, because I can only download the latest, which has carb heat knobs! The file name is the same, so that's the only one that can be downloaded.

Mike

monk1
January 11th, 2010, 18:12

Same here as well. I've re-downloaded twice now after cleaning and removing everything and it has the same date as my original download. Seems the original email links aren't pointing to the updated file for whatever reason. Still a blast to fly even with a few minor discrepancies.

Canloan
January 11th, 2010, 18:26
I think Monk1 is probably close to the mark. I bet that if we were to "purchase" the cub now we would get the correct download. I believe that the e-mail links for those of us who have already purchased are not pointing at that new file for whatever reason.

Anyways, still enjoying flying my non-defect cubs while this is sorted out.:engel016:

Arnold

cvearl
January 11th, 2010, 19:08
I would not recommend flying real world weather in Tongass or BC areas near Tongass. Anywhere else mostly in Alaska for that matter..
Weather is really bad right now. The wind I hear outside the house is somethin else.
Gotta watch the new cub and make sure the wings don't get ripped off or start flying unattended.

What part of Alaska you live?

You might find my cub in your back yard sticking out the side of your fence.

Charles.

cvearl
January 11th, 2010, 19:35
Well, that's really bizarre. I'll ask the folks that run the store servers, just to be sure, because I can only download the latest, which has carb heat knobs! The file name is the same, so that's the only one that can be downloaded.

Mike

Just confirmed...

I downloaded the ZIP from my purchase agreement email thing and the zip contains the same file from yesterday. At least it is the same date and time and size. Not the zip but the file contained within is what I am refering to.

Charles.

lawdawg
January 11th, 2010, 19:36
I live in windy Wasilla (PAWS).
Palmer is even worse wind wise.
Crash...hey Charles, that you?

Wombat_VC
January 11th, 2010, 20:22

Agree. Tongass X with REX2, VFR is impossible. Can't see the runway before I almost hit the trees.

cvearl
January 11th, 2010, 22:16
I live in windy Wasilla (PAWS).
Palmer is even worse wind wise.
Crash...hey Charles, that you?

Nice. :) Gods country for sure.

lawdawg
January 11th, 2010, 22:23
Like a dumba**, I went out, virtually speaking for a lil hop.
In Wasilla/Palmer area. Had to after sayin not to.
Well, what a stupid but kinda fun experience.
No, after several tries, could not put her down in one piece. Before that, flyin sideways was a trip.
I think I saw Charles crash site before makin my own...oops

Wombat, she is all socked in there fer shure. Gnarly out here virtually and IRL.
Good times

gajit
January 12th, 2010, 00:56
Hi - some improvements have been made to my repaint of N4090E..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nky4agz5zmo/N4090E Amphibian Super Cub.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/supa3.jpg

gajit
January 12th, 2010, 04:41
Now for download.....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyyj2tnmjov/Super Cub L-21 G-LCUB.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-80.jpg

Fireball6
January 12th, 2010, 04:45
Thanks gajit - well done :applause:

Dirk

sidler
January 12th, 2010, 05:32
HELP! The Super Cub is almost unflyable...... its a very jumpy plane, its very sensitive, and the trim and rudder are overreacting. Take off is very scaring....hard pull to the right. Any help is appreciated.

Dick

cvearl
January 12th, 2010, 06:19
Agree. Tongass X with REX2, VFR is impossible. Can't see the runway before I almost hit the trees.

What I find most funny is when I fly Tongass and I approach PAJN (just up the way a bit) and ask for clearance to land and the nice lady says...

NEGATIVE! Landing clearance denied. PAJN airport is IFR! Then I'm like. Hmm... Oh ya! I forgot to switch to FAIR from the real weather I loaded.

Hahaha.

That and usng Max realism settings in FSX and ORBX weather options with the 15kt cross winds makes taking off in these Supercubs a blast!

Charles.

olderndirt
January 12th, 2010, 07:01
HELP! The Super Cub is almost unflyable...... its a very jumpy plane, its very sensitive, and the trim and rudder are overreacting. Take off is very scaring....hard pull to the right. Ant help is appreciated.

DickHave a similar problem with the 160hp models and Mike advised, since I wasn't using 'Acceleration, that could be expected. When I've got it installed (currently enroute), I'll know more. The 150hp models 'N8050C' seem just fine.

mike_cyul
January 12th, 2010, 07:45
HELP! The Super Cub is almost unflyable...... its a very jumpy plane, its very sensitive, and the trim and rudder are overreacting. Take off is very scaring....hard pull to the right. Any help is appreciated.

Dick

Hi Dick,

Are you using FSX SP2?

Mike

sidler
January 12th, 2010, 07:55
Hi Mike

Yes I am....

Dick

mike_cyul
January 12th, 2010, 07:57
Just confirmed...

I downloaded the ZIP from my purchase agreement email thing and the zip contains the same file from yesterday. At least it is the same date and time and size. Not the zip but the file contained within is what I am refering to.

Charles.

Well, I learn something new every day. It seems that the store servers, operated by Fastspring, also use the datestamp in their file references, so that the download links will only download the version at time of purchase. New customers get the latest version, old customers are stuck. Which strikes me as ridiculous.

So what I will do, is put everyone who purchased before the latest version on a seperate mailing list, and once any other problems are corrected I will be sending you a new download link via a seperate email.

Everyone who purchased prior will receive the latest version, it will just arrive by a different route.

I will wait a day or so, to make sure nothing else crept by me and the beta testers, and then get to it.

My apologies for the bother, and thank you for your patience. In the meantime I will be making certain recommendations to the store provider.

Mike

sidler
January 12th, 2010, 08:03
No problem Mike..

It seems like a sweet aircraft, it'a worth the wait.

p.s. I am using Win XP Pro + FSX + Accelleration

Dick

mike_cyul
January 12th, 2010, 08:04
Hi Mike

Yes I am....

Dick

Unfortunately, that's the problem. As mentioned above, and as you've probably seen by now, you'll need Acceleration for the Super Cubs to function normally.

I will update the website to make it even clearer, as there have been three or four folks now who didn't see that written at the top of the Super Cub base-page on the website, or in the Manual.

Mike

Fireball6
January 12th, 2010, 08:05
Thanks Mike, great service - is it possible to make a little change at the D-EKIP - Paint of the Standard-Package (wheel-ski)?. The Registration should also be under the left wing :mixedsmi:

BTW - thank you very much for all your efforts and such a great aircraft. Love her !!

sidler
January 12th, 2010, 08:07
No problem Mike

It's seems to be a sweet aircraft. It's worth the wait.

Dick

cvearl
January 12th, 2010, 08:45
Well, I learn something new every day. It seems that the store servers, operated by Fastspring, also use the datestamp in their file references, so that the download links will only download the version at time of purchase. New customers get the latest version, old customers are stuck. Which strikes me as ridiculous.

So what I will do, is put everyone who purchased before the latest version on a seperate mailing list, and once any other problems are corrected I will be sending you a new download link via a seperate email.

Everyone who purchased prior will receive the latest version, it will just arrive by a different route.

I will wait a day or so, to make sure nothing else crept by me and the beta testers, and then get to it.

My apologies for the bother, and thank you for your patience. In the meantime I will be making certain recommendations to the store provider.

Mike

I missed this. I will wait for the email. Ignore the email I just sent you. :salute:

Charles.

olderndirt
January 12th, 2010, 09:07
three or four folks now who didn't see that written at the top of the Super Cub base-page on the website, or in the Manual. MikeAs one of those, let me say now that I've looked, you're material presents this extremely well. The eyes only see what the brain allows.

gajit
January 12th, 2010, 10:25
I-BUFF repaint on the way - a few more bits to add..

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-80.jpg

robcap
January 12th, 2010, 12:50
its a very jumpy plane, its very sensitive, and the trim and rudder are overreacting. Take off is very scaring....hard pull to the right

p.s. I am using Win XP Pro + FSX + Accelleration
Dick
Hi Mike.

Same FSX setup as above applies to me.

The Classic Bush Plane flight model is tricky

First I only flew Tom's plane, the N8050C. Works great!
Seems to be on speed quickly, much faster than a Cessna, but cruise speed is good. Landing is no problem.

Water rudder is very tricky, much more than the default Beaver.
What is more accurate?

Rob.

lawdawg
January 12th, 2010, 14:19
http://www.adn.com/photos/news/story/1089967.html?/1521/gallery/1089968-a1089958-t3.html

mike_cyul
January 12th, 2010, 14:21
Hi Mike.

Same FSX setup as above applies to me.

The Classic Bush Plane flight model is tricky

First I only flew Tom's plane, the N8050C. Works great!
Seems to be on speed quickly, much faster than a Cessna, but cruise speed is good. Landing is no problem.

Water rudder is very tricky, much more than the default Beaver.
What is more accurate?

Rob.

Hi Rob,

As I have no problem flying either, it's hard to say! Have you checked the FSX settings in the Manual?

As for the water rudders, all I could do is place them where they should be. Tom flew it in float mode, and some changed were made, but according to him it's pretty accurate.

Mike

lawdawg
January 12th, 2010, 14:24
Please delete my blank previous post.
Tried to show a pic and could not do it.

wilycoyote4
January 12th, 2010, 14:31
lawdawg----you mean this one?

mike_cyul
January 12th, 2010, 17:27

Ouch!

Mike

cvearl
January 12th, 2010, 17:46
Ouch!

Mike

So... how goes the testing of the Standard Variants kit?

I have since uninstalled mine and would like to get back up there in one. Starting to envy those that grabbed the other packages. :isadizzy:

wilycoyote4
January 12th, 2010, 19:18
Following up I find another newspaper photo of what seems the same supercub.. I think winds reached 79 mph.

mike_cyul
January 13th, 2010, 04:56
So... how goes the testing of the Standard Variants kit?

I have since uninstalled mine and would like to get back up there in one. Starting to envy those that grabbed the other packages. :isadizzy:

As mentioned before, I'm waiting a day or two to make sure nothing else happened to the models before sending out the updated installers to those who purchased earlier. Won't be much longer.

Mike

kurt190
January 13th, 2010, 05:00
Chaps,

What are the frame rates like - is this plane a hog or is the impact minimal? I really, really hope its minimal....... because I want this little sucker.

I usually get 36 fps - aircraft like Carenado's don't have an impact - certain aircraft from the likes of Aerosoft reduce my system to a slide slow.

kurt

sidler
January 13th, 2010, 05:19
Good Mourning Mike

I am waiting patiently..........

Dick

lawdawg
January 13th, 2010, 05:51

Yep.

lawdawg
January 13th, 2010, 05:53
Following up I find another newspaper photo of what seems the same supercub.. I think winds reached 79 mph.

At least that, some areas more.

gajit
January 13th, 2010, 06:18
Chaps,

What are the frame rates like - is this plane a hog or is the impact minimal? I really, really hope its minimal....... because I want this little sucker.

I usually get 36 fps - aircraft like Carenado's don't have an impact - certain aircraft from the likes of Aerosoft reduce my system to a slide slow.

kurt

Hi Kirt - i have the same FPS like you say with Aerosoft and Carenado. The Cub for me is as good as Carenado.

cvearl
January 13th, 2010, 06:34
Hi Kirt - i have the same FPS like you say with Aerosoft and Carenado. The Cub for me is as good as Carenado.

For me I find that the fps hit varies with weather setting. Must be a physics thing as these supercubs appear to react to the environement quite actively.

If I have these loaded with a stormy and gusty weather scenario, I start seeing my fps dip and jump. I have some freeware aircraft that are docile in that scenario and almost no fps hit in that weather so I surmise it's a more complicated flight model?

But comparing to my Carenado planes or Quest Kodiak, it's about the same as those.

Charles.

kurt190
January 13th, 2010, 06:47
Thanks Guys, I can feel my credit card begining to get hot in my wallet......

kurt

spotlope
January 13th, 2010, 06:49
It's about equal to Carenado for me, too. I haven't noticed any particular frame rate hit.

2Low
January 13th, 2010, 07:10
Thanks Guys, I can feel my credit card begining to get hot in my wallet......

kurt
Quick get it out before it burns a hole! Mine constantly needs cooling, got to watch them when perusing these parts.

My only regret is not buying the complete package from the get go.

Fireball6
January 13th, 2010, 07:11
It is one of those "jump in and fly" - planes. Absolut wonderfull. Can`t stop flying her. There is only one small problem when start the sim - which type of Super Cub shall i fly first ....... ? :jump:

Once again Mike - very well done :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Dirk

robmw
January 13th, 2010, 08:19
Hi Rob,

As I have no problem flying either, it's hard to say! Have you checked the FSX settings in the Manual?

As for the water rudders, all I could do is place them where they should be. Tom flew it in float mode, and some changed were made, but according to him it's pretty accurate.

Mike

I've had some interesting results with the Cub variants so far - I'm not sure if it's just my lack of expertise or if there is a problem with my setup. For starters I was using FSX + SP2 until two weeks back when I noticed that the Super Cub was developed for Acceleration. So I uninstalled SP2 and installed Acceleration. As far as I'm aware all my other payware aircraft perform as before plus a few prior quirks like door opening and closing now work properly.

However, I do find the Super Cub Extreme versions to be hard to control on the ground and on take-off as others have described. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of things so I guess this is true to life and just my lack of experience?

One thing that is very noticeable is a problem with trimming the Super Cub. It seems very nose heavy and trying to balance weights realistically doesn't help. I can get by using the hardware trim on my CH Flightstick and then fine trimming in FSX but is this correct or is something wrong with my setup?

Any comments appreciated.

mike_cyul
January 13th, 2010, 09:21
I've had some interesting results with the Cub variants so far - I'm not sure if it's just my lack of expertise or if there is a problem with my setup. For starters I was using FSX + SP2 until two weeks back when I noticed that the Super Cub was developed for Acceleration. So I uninstalled SP2 and installed Acceleration. As far as I'm aware all my other payware aircraft perform as before plus a few prior quirks like door opening and closing now work properly.

However, I do find the Super Cub Extreme versions to be hard to control on the ground and on take-off as others have described. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of things so I guess this is true to life and just my lack of experience?

One thing that is very noticeable is a problem with trimming the Super Cub. It seems very nose heavy and trying to balance weights realistically doesn't help. I can get by using the hardware trim on my CH Flightstick and then fine trimming in FSX but is this correct or is something wrong with my setup?

Any comments appreciated.

Hi Rob,

The only issues with the airfiles were two variables, prop pitch angle and drag coefficient, and I believe the rest is accurate.

Tom had commented on the trim as being a bit slow to react, but as there is no way to control the time constant in trim, it reacts at the speed FSX wants it to.

Super Cubs are light aircraft with big wings, and at light weights would appear to be quite sensitive. Small aircraft like the Super Cubs are not airliners, or even C-172's - they do require 'flying'.

I believe the nose-heaviness with just the pilot on board are accurate, too. These aircraft were designed to be loaded heavily, and landed at low speeds. Loni Habersetzer, of the famed CubDriver videos, actually added 30 lbs of weight at the tail of his aircraft in order to help keep the tail down. I noted the nose heaviness as well, once Tom had done his first tweaks of the airfiles, but I found that at low speeds and higher weights the aircraft was fairly nicelybalanced, and so assumed that was as it should be.

The tail of a Super Cub on the ground is very light - hence the ability to do brake-stands with ease. If you look at videos of the Super Cubs doing these take-off, you'll see the tails just jump off the ground (much faster than they seem to do with the Flight Replicas, at times). This also translates to very effective use of propwash to steer the aircraft on the ground - it is indeed very sensitive. Between the very strong brakes of the Super Cubs, and the very light tail with a highly effective prop-wash-over-rudder (which FSX models quite well, unlike the stab and elevator), plus more powerful engines and larger props, you end up with an aircraft that is indeed very sensitive on the ground. If you gun the throttle or taxi too fast, especially in a cross wind, it will have interesting results.

Mike

gajit
January 13th, 2010, 09:42
I have only done a 1.5 hrs (real World) circuit training in a super cub so am no expert but your flight dynamics do seem right from my experience. Great fun :applause:

fliger747
January 13th, 2010, 09:50
I did quite a bit of flight testing for Mike, as I own one of the planes portrayed (The red one) and have been flying it since 1975.....

The cubs do need quite a bit of trim, though the elevator is effective, if heavy. A lot of nose down trim is needed with flap extension and the crank is slowish in cold weather. Cubs are easy to fly but do bounce around a lot in turbulence. FSX is I think a little over enthuistaic in it's portrayal of turbulence........ Trim... use what you need, it's the way the real ones are flown.

rsharrard
January 13th, 2010, 10:04
Just curious if there are any performance specs available for the Exteme and Experimetal Cub's in terms of Minimum and Maximum Cylinder head and EGT temps. Best rate of Climb and RPM max during climb, minimun during decent etc... Don't know if they are modeled that closely for FSX, but it would be nice to know and monitor during flight. I noticed the temp creaps up pretty fast in a climb... I know the Cub crafters site says (fot the new 2010 model) she can get to 7,500 ft in within 5 minutes. But they don't list any of those kind of specks. Robin

robmw
January 13th, 2010, 10:32
Thanks for the detailed reply everyone. Most of my FSX experience is with Cessnas and the like and my previous Super Cub was the FS9 Aerosoft version (perhaps not the most accurate rendition :icon_lol:). The Real Air Scout flies like the Cessnas too which was why I was wondering, as I suspected there might be a problem with my install of Acceleration...

Having no real world experience makes it difficult to judge but I'm having great fun trying to master this aircraft. Once up I can now fly straight and level almost hands-off for a while. I'm also finding brake-stands and short takeoffs relatively easy, turning the whole aircraft through 180 degrees on the spot just after landing like I've seen on the videos. My landings need a lot more work...

Guess it's going to be some time before I should even think about trying to land on that mountaintop in Tongass Fjords!

monk1
January 13th, 2010, 11:26

Ive noticed that some of the Cubs have steerable tailwheels and some dont. The ones that dont are trickier to handle on the ground. You need a little prop wash across the tail and you need to lead your turns quite a bit with rudder, and differential braking of course. It makes it a bit trickier to take off also without the steerable tailwheel until you get the tail off the ground, which as Mike points out doesnt take long.

mike_cyul
January 13th, 2010, 11:41
IMPORTANT NEWS

The updated installers are now going out to customers, at the email addresses used on their order form.

They will be arriving by a service called YouSendit.

You may have to check your spam/junk email inboxes.

These updates are for the Complete, Standard and Extreme packages.

If you don't receive the notification email from YouSendit by tomorrow, then please contact me anyway and I will send you your download link. This because some email users in France apparently can't receive these emails, and so it may happen elsewhere, as well.

The installers being uploaded now are the ones presently available at the Flight Replicas store (and have been since Monday). Purchase now, and you will be receiving these.

Mike

PS. I have also written and sent a detailed proposal to the store provider describing why having updates accessible to customers via their downloadlinks may be to everyone's benefit. The initial response from them has been positive.

gajit
January 13th, 2010, 12:10
I got it thanks :salute:

delta558
January 13th, 2010, 12:18
Yup, standard package email received an downloading now. Thanks Mike.

2Low
January 13th, 2010, 12:31
Just received email about the Extreme Package. Thanks Mike.

mike_cyul
January 13th, 2010, 12:48
Just received email about the Extreme Package. Thanks Mike.

Good to know; thanks, guys. That will make getting updates (for any product) out to customers very quick and easy for everybody. From now on, customers won't even have to check if there are updates, they'll show up automatically in your inbox, for a one-click download.

Mike

SpaceWeevil
January 13th, 2010, 13:11
I've received my updated Standard download link. It's just finished installing and I am pleased to report that everything is present & correct and she flies beautifully. Nice one, thank you.:ernae:

rsharrard
January 13th, 2010, 14:31
Just got notification of the Complete package download and I'm DLoading it as I'm typing this message! Thanks Robin

mikew
January 13th, 2010, 14:51
Received my "complete" package e-mail notification as well. Downloading now.

Excellent service! Thanks Mike

Mike

lawdawg
January 13th, 2010, 14:57
Yes.
I just checked e-mail and the electronic secretary said I have update waiting.
Thanks Mike for the service/update...everything.

cvearl
January 13th, 2010, 17:17
Good to know; thanks, guys. That will make getting updates (for any product) out to customers very quick and easy for everybody. From now on, customers won't even have to check if there are updates, they'll show up automatically in your inbox, for a one-click download.

Mike

Sweet. I am downloading now. :)

Thanks for the service.

Charles.

CodyValkyrie
January 13th, 2010, 18:44
Mike, thank you for the notification and the download. Cheers mate!

AussieMan
January 13th, 2010, 20:10
I am running the Super Cub without Acceleration at the moment as I refused to buy it. Why pay money for something you do not want like the racing Mustangs and the F-18s.

The only thing I have noticed so far is that the tailwheel has a slight bounce.

Cheers
Pat

pbearsailor
January 13th, 2010, 23:45
Thanks, Mike, for the special link for us early purchasers for the updated file. Support like yours makes it easy to purchase from you again. :medals:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Dimus
January 14th, 2010, 01:43
That was stellar support. Never had that experience before. Email notification with link to download ???!!! Wow!!!:applause::applause::applause: Thanks a million Mike!

sidler
January 14th, 2010, 04:02
I am downloading now. :)

Thanks Mike...excellent service. Right up there with Kodiak Quest, A2A Cub etc.

Richard

jojohnson9
January 14th, 2010, 05:08
I try to download via the email and get this response: "The download limit has been reached for this file. Please contact the sender and ask them to resend the file."

mike_cyul
January 14th, 2010, 05:27
I try to download via the email and get this response: "The download limit has been reached for this file. Please contact the sender and ask them to resend the file."

I'm re-sending the Complete update to everyone, as it appears that bandwidth needed adjusting. Small glitch as I tweak the system, but this way I know everyone will get the update for the Complete package.

If you have already received the update, you can ignore the new notification email you will receive. Otherwise, you can expect the notification email today (Jan 14). As mentioned in a previous post, if for some reason you do not receive the email, just contact me and I'll get your download link out to you right away.

Thanks,

Mike

cvearl
January 14th, 2010, 07:15
I'm re-sending the Complete update to everyone, as it appears that bandwidth needed adjusting. Small glitch as I tweak the system, but this way I know everyone will get the update for the Complete package.

If you have already received the update, you can ignore the new notification email you will receive. Otherwise, you can expect the notification email today (Jan 14). As mentioned in a previous post, if for some reason you do not receive the email, just contact me and I'll get your download link out to you right away.

Thanks,

Mike

Any additional bugs that need squashing should be reported here or emailed to you directly?

C.

mike_cyul
January 14th, 2010, 09:16
Any additional bugs that need squashing should be reported here or emailed to you directly?

C.

Might as well email them to support, it's easier for me to keep track of.

Mike

jojohnson9
January 14th, 2010, 09:30
Downloaded the new Complete package via email...no problems. Uninstalled original, installed new, went flying....quickly "cracked up" due to high winds up here in Maine.
Thanks, Mike, for super quick fix to the download..and all other fixes. And especially for this really great Super Cub.
John

pontiuspilotus
January 14th, 2010, 10:26
How does this new Super Cub compare to the FSAddon version, which I currently have and which I thoroughly enjoy flying. (I guess one can't have too many Cubs, I have Mike's original J3, the A2A J3, and the FSAddon Super Cub). Also, will this new Supercub be on Simmarket anytime soon?

:salute:

Thanks.

cvearl
January 14th, 2010, 10:55
How does this new Super Cub compare to the FSAddon version, which I currently have and which I thoroughly enjoy flying. (I guess one can't have too many Cubs, I have Mike's original J3, the A2A J3, and the FSAddon Super Cub). Also, will this new Supercub be on Simmarket anytime soon?

:salute:

Thanks.

Not to knock FSAddon Supercub X. It was nice and I bought it and fly it. For the price, you get a truck load of birds in your cage with the FSAddon for the $$$. Great value! They look good and are very easy to fly if you prefer a less jumpy model.

On that note, I find the flight dynamics a little more believable in this package then Supercub X kit. Flight replicas flight model quality reminds me alot of the flight physics of the Scout 2007 from Real Air. The textures and little details are higher res in the Flight Replicas collection as well and the Flight Replicas have a nice Dash Mounted (working) GPS. There are more "sounds" in the Flight Replicas model too like airframe creaks when you pull too hard in a turn, outside air variations especially if you pop the door. Things like that. Plane for plane, Flight Replicas package is a little more expensive and there are still some minor little bugs here and there but Mike's service so far leaves me with ZERO worries about my purchase and the future patches if they are needed.

In summary? They are both what you paid for. While I will fly the Flight Replicas kit more often and prefer it, I don't regret my FSAdon purchase one little bit. :salute:

I do regret one thing though with my Flight Replicas purchase. I bought the "Standard Variants" package thinking that's all I wanted. I now dread that decision and wish I had bought the whole thing for the extra $10 it would have cost me. What the hell was I thinking. I was tired and not paying close enough attention and was in a rush when I made the decision.

If you are buying this? Get it ALL or you will regret it later. :frown:

Charles.

gajit
January 14th, 2010, 11:15
I agree - i bought them bit by bit - but think ofthe extra payment to flight replicas as well worth it anyway!!

Got this one in the paint shed - i know the real aircraft is on a slightly different version but i like the glass door

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-82.jpg

2Low
January 14th, 2010, 11:54
If you are buying this? Get it ALL or you will regret it later. :frown:

Charles.

I second that.

I bought the Exteme package and it convinced me I wanted more. So I bought the Deluxe Amphibious. I'm $30 in and wish I had the rest but buying the rest would cost me the same as buying the complete package in the first place on top of the $30 spent already. My bank account says no (stupid bank account:173go1:)

The whole package is a good deal, I recommend getting it all from the get go!

Edit - nice paint Gajit, you going to do any for the Deluxe Amphibious?

Fireball6
January 14th, 2010, 13:16
I agree - i bought them bit by bit - but think ofthe extra payment to flight replicas as well worth it anyway!!

I agree absolut with you gajit - do the same - I am happy to spend my money to such a great developer like Mike. Great addon, great Service - the FR Super Cub hold me up during these "Warbirdsim-Days"

BTW - your new paint looks very good

Dirk

rsharrard
January 14th, 2010, 15:55
I agree with the summation of the two aircraft packages as well. The FSaddon Super X cubs filled the gap and I loved flying them, but I do feel their graphics were not up to the same caliber as Mike's are, especially with regard to the "Square" instrument Panel and guages. I think the flight model of the FR Cubs is a little more demanding in terms of flying the aircraft throughout the flight, from Taxi out to Taxi in. Just my 2 cents... I got the whole package from the start and spend most of my time int the experimental. Hopefully, Mike will make an IFR, version of it someday, so we could put some upgraded avionics in it too! Robin :icon_lol:

pontiuspilotus
January 14th, 2010, 18:33
Finally got a chance to buy and download this today. It's a great model, probably more of a challenge to fly than the FSAddon version, in terms of flight dynamics. Here are two shots around FlyTampa's excellent Grenadines. I will be spending a lot of time with this Cub!

:jump:

Dimus
January 15th, 2010, 01:56
Had a blast on an early morning flight from Innsbruck to St. Johan, with ASA on. Alpine SuperCub in GEXed winter Europe wonderland:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-01-1423-17-19-80.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-01-1423-31-25-19.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-01-1423-40-40-77.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-01-1423-53-50-33.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-01-1500-00-23-45.jpg

I must say this bird climbs like a monkey. I was trapped inside a closing valley with ridges all around and clouds covering them. It just took one climbing 360 turn at full power to clear the ridge and get to the other side. Quite a thrilling experience. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a real one. My only Super Cub experience is being towed by one while I was in a glider.

gajit
January 15th, 2010, 04:21
What great shots :applause::applause:

I must say that i find myself enjoying this super cub even more than the superb Bird Dog recently released. There is just something about the way this cub has been produced that has amazing apppeal.

lawdawg
January 15th, 2010, 05:44
What great shots :applause::applause:

I must say that i find myself enjoying this super cub even more than the superb Bird Dog recently released. There is just something about the way this cub has been produced that has amazing apppeal.

Why,
I could not agree more..:ernae:

rsharrard
January 15th, 2010, 09:44
Hey Mike, Just another check to see if you have anymore performance specs or if they even differ between the 180 hrs Super Cubs and the 210 hrs Experimental in terms of rpm settings, rate of climb, and any information on Minimum/Max temperatures IE. CHT. Thanks, Robin

jojohnson9
January 15th, 2010, 09:59
How do you replace the radio and transponder gauges in the amphib/IFR version? I know where the two gauges are, but how about the blankoff plate in the third area? And I'm not sure about gauge sizes.It sure ain't like changing a 2D panel.

mike_cyul
January 15th, 2010, 10:21
How do you replace the radio and transponder gauges in the amphib/IFR version? I know where the two gauges are, but how about the blankoff plate in the third area? And I'm not sure about gauge sizes.It sure ain't like changing a 2D panel.

It is just like changing a 2D panel, in that you substitute your gauges in the panel.cfg, either manually or (preferably) using an excellent tool like FS Panel Studio.

There is no "third area" in the gauge zone, in that sense, it's just one large rectangular gauge texture area (see Manual) under the three existing spots. You can remove the existing Flight Replicas equipment one at a time, including the blank, if you have a smaller replacement gauge to go in there, or remove all three, or just two, whatever suits your needs.

When you load the airplane, you just have to click on the indicated clickspots to remove that specific Flight Replicas item, to reveal what you've put there in it's place.

Mike

jojohnson9
January 15th, 2010, 10:30
It is just like changing a 2D panel, in that you substitute your gauges in the panel.cfg, either manually or (preferably) using an excellent tool like FS Panel Studio.

There is no "third area" in the gauge zone, in that sense, it's just one large rectangular gauge texture area (see Manual) under the three existing spots. You can remove the existing Flight Replicas equipment one at a time, including the blank, if you have a smaller replacement gauge to go in there, or remove all three, or just two, whatever suits your needs.

When you load the airplane, you just have to click on the indicated clickspots to remove that specific Flight Replicas item, to reveal what you've put there in it's place.

Mike

Oh wow, got it now. It is easy. I was trying to replace the existing gauges instead of placing the new ones "under" the originals. Works great.
Mike, thanks again for such quick help.:applause:

mike_cyul
January 15th, 2010, 10:32
Hey Mike, Just another check to see if you have anymore performance specs or if they even differ between the 180 hrs Super Cubs and the 210 hrs Experimental in terms of rpm settings, rate of climb, and any information on Minimum/Max temperatures IE. CHT. Thanks, Robin

Nothing specific, as the Experimental version didn't come with performance data, so it had to be estimated, but rate of climb should be higher due to the 90 inch prop and horsepower; flap influence should be greater because of the increased area (I multiplied it by the percentage increase in area); stall speeds (relative to weight) are a little lower becauseof the increased wing area and, on approach, the drooped ailerons; and rpm's and temps should be about the same. Cruise speeds will be in the same range as the others. Roll rates should be about the same, as the increase in aileron area is offset by the increased wing area and increased aileron drag. Rudder and stabilizer authority is greater due to the larger areas there, although at lower speeds with drooped ailerons and lowered flaps I believe the larger rudder area will just help offset the increased drag of the drooped ailerons and larger wing area if you need to sideslip or do a crabbed approach.

Pilots talk about the benefits of the thrust line mod at lower speeds, as the angle of thrust is no longer pointing 4 degrees downwards, but even though it's incorporated into the airfiles I didn't notice that much difference in FSX. It is there, though.

Mike

gajit
January 15th, 2010, 10:41
Float slime anyone? Does this look real? - be honest guys!!!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-83.jpg

rsharrard
January 15th, 2010, 11:57
That looks like it's ben sitting in the water for a while! Looks good

Thanks for the info Mike!

6297J
January 15th, 2010, 12:12
It looks very good Gajit but maybe the water/slime line would be a little higher up? To me it looks more like she's been sitting in a puddle than deep water.
I'm looking at photos of Cubs on Floats as I type and I can't be sure.

(Although of course if she was usually moored up on a bank in shallow water then you would have it about right! :kilroy:)

mike_cyul
January 15th, 2010, 12:27
It looks very good Gajit but maybe the water/slime line would be a little higher up? To me it looks more like she's been sitting in a puddle than deep water.
I'm looking at photos of Cubs on Floats as I type and I can't be sure.

(Although of course if she was usually moored up on a bank in shallow water then you would have it about right! :kilroy:)

Took that line in the paintkit directly off of a photograph, but you may be correct about it being up on a bank, although I imagine a moored empty airplane will sit higher than one with someone on board.

:)

Mike

6297J
January 15th, 2010, 12:41
You are right of course Mike :redface: And this one proves it -

http://www.kenoraair.com/images/planes4sale/recentplanes/GOA%20-%20Supercub%201.jpg

Fireball6
January 15th, 2010, 13:12
Hello Mike - would you be so kind and point me where i found the marked part
at the paintkit :icon_lol: .

Thank you :wavey: Dirk

Wing_Z
January 15th, 2010, 13:55
Apologies if this has been asked before - boy this is a long thead!
I'd like to do this: iSGjJJDTquQ

Can one replicate this, with this model?

Fireball6
January 15th, 2010, 14:31
Hey Wing Z - yes it is possible (with a little practice :mixedsmi:)

Wing_Z
January 15th, 2010, 15:01
Champion!
I'm off, credit card waving...;)

mike_cyul
January 15th, 2010, 17:22
Hello Mike - would you be so kind and point me where i found the marked part
at the paintkit :icon_lol: .

Thank you :wavey: Dirk

To the best of my knowledge the AOSS dampers are left a natural aluminum, shiny at first but going more matt over time, and as such I just put a semi-shiny slightly-dull aluminum material on those parts. No textures, I'm afraid, as I couldn't imagine them being painted.

Mike

gajit
January 15th, 2010, 23:22
Repaint of I-BUFF is now complete and can download from here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/myizjkn1j0m/Flight Replicas Super Cub Amphibian I-BUFF.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-84.jpg

Fireball6
January 16th, 2010, 03:49
Thank you very much for the info Mike :mixedsmi:

Dirk

mike_cyul
January 16th, 2010, 06:42
Repaint of I-BUFF is now complete and can download from here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/myizjkn1j0m/Flight Replicas Super Cub Amphibian I-BUFF.zip

Nice, John. I actually had a look around that plane in Como a few years ago. :)

Mike

fliger747
January 16th, 2010, 08:25
As it was my polane that was used to model the scum lines on the floats I would have to say they are correct. Because of the location and the way the spray flies away from the float sides, the only way they come off is with a sponge. The height will depend on many things, size of the floats, how much fuel is normally kept on board etc. They form surprisingly quickly, at least in the shallows of Alaskan lakes....

gajit
January 16th, 2010, 08:43
Thanks T - im still trying to improve my scum. I know this one should be just a float in real life but I love the amphib model.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-85.jpg

doublecool
January 16th, 2010, 09:57
Thanks T - im still trying to improve my scum. I know this one should be just a float in real life but I love the amphib model.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-85.jpg

Scum is good...:applause:

Really nice work gajit love the "Buff":ernae:

lawdawg
January 16th, 2010, 14:01
....Scummy

Sky~6
January 16th, 2010, 19:03
Just purchased this....and extremely pleased, well done Mike-

Thankyou for and outstanding addon for this great hobby.

Top-Notch

gajit
January 17th, 2010, 00:37
The scummy C-GMRZ is now downloadable!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dmngyjt1nii/Flight Replica Super Cub Amphib C-GMRZ.zip

lawdawg
January 17th, 2010, 05:09
That looks great Gajit!

wallyboard
January 17th, 2010, 06:09
Thanks for that Gajit!

FLighT01
January 17th, 2010, 10:54
gajit, just installed your I-Buff and C-GMRZ and they look great! Is there a link for C-FYNM? That's an absolutely stellar blue tone on white combination. Thanks.

gajit
January 17th, 2010, 11:19
gajit, just installed your I-Buff and C-GMRZ and they look great! Is there a link for C-FYNM? That's an absolutely stellar blue tone on white combination. Thanks.

Sorry - forgot to create a link - will do later today - keep watching :salute:

EDIT - HERE IT IS......

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zqdodtnmui0/Flight Replica Super Cub Classic Float CFYNM.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-83.jpg

gajit
January 17th, 2010, 11:56
Now working on a Brit one but I think Mike included one of the very best UK schemes (G-BROZ) in the excellent package.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-86.jpg

FLighT01
January 17th, 2010, 12:47
Yipeeee!!!! Keep'em coming. I hear Western Digital is going to release a 600GB V-Rap, going to be needing that soon, addon planes and additional paint schemes are gonna swamp my 300GB FSX dedicated one. :icon_lol:

Thank You.

Fireball6
January 17th, 2010, 14:15
Start working on some "Workhorses" - first is a canadian one - fictional and easy but not to bad as i find myself

rsharrard
January 17th, 2010, 18:33
Gajit Just wondering if you could do a Yellow version of the Experimental to match the N4090E Amphibian, or at least one of the Extreme Tundra versions? Robin

hobofat
January 17th, 2010, 20:06
Now working on a Brit one but I think Mike included one of the very best UK schemes (G-BROZ) in the excellent package.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-86.jpg

Gajit, what scenery is this if you don't mind my asking?

gajit
January 17th, 2010, 22:16
Its Alderney by Earthsimulations.

gajit
January 17th, 2010, 22:31
Gajit Just wondering if you could do a Yellow version of the Experimental to match the N4090E Amphibian, or at least one of the Extreme Tundra versions? Robin

Hi Robin - sure will but will have to buy that version first. Just waiting for my new credit card :salute:

gajit
January 17th, 2010, 22:32
Start working on some "Workhorses" - first is a canadian one - fictional and easy but not to bad as i find myself

But its not a chopper!!! Very good Dirk :applause:

Fireball6
January 18th, 2010, 06:10
But its not a chopper!!! Very good Dirk :applause:

But it fly so lovley like one :icon_lol: Thanks gajit

First three paints are ready - need to do the "packing" - all are for the Extreme-Pack, which is highly recommended.

gajit
January 18th, 2010, 06:49
Super (cub) dooper Dirk :ernae:

gajit
January 18th, 2010, 08:47
Hi Mike - this is almost finished but i just cant find how to paint over the "round thing" on this particular paint template - can you help?

EDIT - OK FOUND IT!!

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-87.jpg

gajit
January 19th, 2010, 00:30
Now finished. Download from..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywiy5rwtnig/Flight Replicas Super Cub Standard G-BJIV.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-88.jpg

gajit
January 19th, 2010, 00:58
I have now improved my first paint of N4090E to include the piper logo. Downloade from..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/neemgmeyzmy/N4090E Amphibian Super Cub.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-89.jpg

FLighT01
January 19th, 2010, 03:41
Got'em:salute:

Dimus
January 19th, 2010, 04:40
Dawn of a new hard working day in Cub Country:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-01-1823-50-40-19.jpg

Fireball6
January 19th, 2010, 06:52
Could not resist and make a fourth paint - another canadian one :mixedsmi: .
OK - now I start compile the package. Should be available during the week.

gajit
January 19th, 2010, 09:10
Very good Fireball6 :ernae:

Thoe6969
January 19th, 2010, 09:58
Dawn of a new hard working day in Cub Country:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/VDimus/fsx2010-01-1823-50-40-19.jpg Beautiful screen shot.My favorite times to fly,Dawn & Dusk.

gajit
January 19th, 2010, 10:55
Just completing an easy one..

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-90.jpg

cvearl
January 19th, 2010, 11:00
Will there be any patches in the near future? Some of the Standard Variants still misbehave (excessively fast, unrealistic climb ect...).

PS - I do have the latest download from that recent email.

Charles.

cvearl
January 19th, 2010, 11:06
Might as well email them to support, it's easier for me to keep track of.

Mike

Is this support email? http://www.flight-replicas.com/Contact.htm

Charles.

rsharrard
January 19th, 2010, 11:59
That USAF is REAL NICE!

Fireball6
January 19th, 2010, 12:11
gajit - deed you sleep at night You paint faster as we could install the repaints :icon_lol:

Dirk

gajit
January 19th, 2010, 13:29
gajit - deed you sleep at night You paint faster as we could install the repaints :icon_lol:

Dirk

LOL Tx Dirk - but this was a simple one... Download from..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ztydoezy2zg/Flight Replicas Super Cub L-21 USAF N5320G.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-91.jpg

gajit
January 19th, 2010, 15:06
Started this one but have quite a lot to sort out still - and its midnight after a long day :sleep::sleep::sleep:

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-92.jpg

jetstreamsky
January 19th, 2010, 15:07
That's a refreshing change, looking forward to this one

gajit
January 19th, 2010, 15:14
That's a refreshing change, looking forward to this one

Yes - and its a real world scheme although it should be on the 150 hp version but it needs a glass door so this looks the closest to me.

mike_cyul
January 19th, 2010, 15:45
Is this support email? http://www.flight-replicas.com/Contact.htm

Charles.

It's also in your Manual, last page. :) I've sent you an email, so that you'll just need to reply to that, and then you can also put the address in your Contact list if you like.

Mike

Sky~6
January 20th, 2010, 00:29
Mike, just recieved an email- a NEW UPDATE...!

Can you describe any new stuff added/updated. I really like the email updates of your aircraft-this is SUPERB customer service...I don't even have to check for updates...they are emailed to me! Thankyou :salute:

Regards,
Sean

gajit
January 20th, 2010, 01:02
Yes - just downloading mine as well - thanks Mike. It would be good to know what changes are made before loading it as I dont appear to have any probs with wrong airspeeds etc.

For me to have no complaints about a product is so rare!!!

mike_cyul
January 20th, 2010, 03:59
Yes - just downloading mine as well - thanks Mike. It would be good to know what changes are made before loading it as I dont appear to have any probs with wrong airspeeds etc.

For me to have no complaints about a product is so rare!!!

Just small changes, in the Classic and Extreme packages (and obviously the Complete package). Don't quite remember what, I just changed the master files as word cames in and I looked at things, but it is basically two items changed in the Extreme airfiles; someone claimed their mag switch was inop in the Experimental (worked for me, but I regenerated the model just to be sure), and corrected a bone-headed error in which N8050C had two red nav lights.

In the future, I will also send out updates that just contain the corrected files, as I know that some folks that live in remote areas and only have satellite download, find that downloading the whole Complete installer can be troublesome. In that case, you'll just need to manually install by dropping the update into your aircraft folder. Instructions will come with the update, in any case. :)

Mike

mike_cyul
January 20th, 2010, 04:42
Here's a good contribution from a user I thought I'd share:

I found out that if you change the atc_model line in the General section of every aircraft to PA18, default ATC says:" ...type Piper Super Cub..." which is correct!
[General]
atc_type=Piper
atc_model=PA18
editable=0
performance=
Category = airplane

Regards,

Jose

Mike

FLighT01
January 20th, 2010, 05:36
1. This download is a new "Complete" install so it will be necessary to uninstall the existing one?

2. Should the uninstall be done from windows control panel or the uninstall icon in All Programs/Flight Replicas Super Cub-Complete for FSX/Uninstal Flight Replicas Super Cub?

3. Any additional things to do, clean up wise, after the uninstall?

Note: I'm on Vista 64. No problems installing the original Super Cub D/L (or any other addon for that matter)

mike_cyul
January 20th, 2010, 06:54
1. This download is a new "Complete" install so it will be necessary to uninstall the existing one?

2. Should the uninstall be done from windows control panel or the uninstall icon in All Programs/Flight Replicas Super Cub-Complete for FSX/Uninstal Flight Replicas Super Cub?

3. Any additional things to do, clean up wise, after the uninstall?

Note: I'm on Vista 64. No problems installing the original Super Cub D/L (or any other addon for that matter)

Hi there. You should be able to just run the installer, and it will automatically overwrite the existing files.

If you've done any custom paint schemes, with new entries in the aircraft.cfg, you should back those aircraft.cfg up, and then paste back into the new aircraft.cfg your new texture entries (only!).

Mike

gajit
January 20th, 2010, 08:43
Well done Mike - good stuff :ernae:

FLighT01
January 20th, 2010, 08:45
Perfect, thank you!

gajit
January 20th, 2010, 09:59
Repaint C-FHCG is now available.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dz1lwyjtkkz/Flight Replicas Super Cub Classic C-FHCG.zip

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-93.jpg

Sky~6
January 20th, 2010, 10:37
Outstanding paint, gajit...they're getting better as you go-

Request-could someone do a dirty one of the extreme 1, please..!

gajit
January 20th, 2010, 10:47
Outstanding paint, gajit...they're getting better as you go-

Request-could someone do a dirty one of the extreme 1, please..!

Hi

Just buying the extreme version now so i will have a look. :ernae:

gajit
January 20th, 2010, 14:03
Hi Sky6 and Robin

Is there any interest in my painting this on the experimental version?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Piper-PA-18-150-Super/1132352/L/&sid=530b64adcb15eed5e1996456bc773717