PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Remember the UFO TV Series?

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 02:03
Hey all,

Anyone remember this show from back in the 1970's? I loved it, lol..

04z5tDR6nDU

AsAGz1NMBM8

Bvzarp5j_T8

I wish they would make these available on iTunes. I wrote SciFi channel, but they dont do SciFi anymore.

Bill

Naki
January 9th, 2010, 02:41
Vaguely...Joe 90 and the Thunderbirds is what I remember more clearly.

Ickie
January 9th, 2010, 02:56
I musta been the army I would have remembered girls with purple hair, as I am kind of fond of girls with purple hair.

GT182
January 9th, 2010, 05:38
Yeah, I rememer them. I always watched the science fiction shows on TV.... unless dad was home from work.

How about "1999" with Martin Landau and his wife Barbara Baines? The moon leaves Earth's orbit, and their crew and them were stranded on it.

tonybones2112
January 9th, 2010, 05:45
I remember UFO and liked it, I think the lead actor was an American. I was and still am a SPACE:1999 fan, first season with Barry Morse was best. I think chicks with purple hair rock.

Bonesimoto

Craig Taylor
January 9th, 2010, 06:36
We were big fans. When I was a kid I had one of these...and one of these.

ndicki
January 9th, 2010, 06:46
Brilliant! I loved it. The fact that I was a bit too young to appreciate the visual aspects didn't stop me realising that if the future wore miniskirts like that, it would be very pleasant... I had the interceptor, too.

Talking of interceptors, what about Captain Scarlet? All the Angel Interceptor pilots were girls... That's the kind of Air Force I'd enjoy...

Dain Arns
January 9th, 2010, 08:35
Definitely remember it. Gerry Anderson shows always had great looking scifi hardware.
Have all of the "SPACE:1999" in a boxed set. (Still liked 1st season the best too) :icon_lol:

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 10:39
Space 1999 was brilliant. I remember when they came out with models of the Eagles. I had the giant Eagle One toy with opening doors and interior, detachable nose section, etc. I was always taking the landing gear off so it looked like a retractable gear model. :d

I love that sound the UFO makes in the UFO series. Always loved that show. That car Straker drives was just awesome... I read later that they used wire to lift the doors in scenes with the doors opening, and they would prop them open with black painted wood boards. I used to dream of a tomorrow where we drove around in turbine or electric powered cars like that.

Yep, purple hair... Bell haircuts on women was also a bit new back then also. However, the al-you-minium short skirts never seemed to take off. :d (well, not in the airborn sense... ).

Bill

cheezyflier
January 9th, 2010, 11:13
it's odd, i didn't know what you were talking about when i read the post, but when i watched the videos it all seemed very familiar to me. i must have watched it when i was a kid and forgotten it. cpt scarlett i do remember though. i wanted to be him when i grew up. somehow, i didn't make though :icon_lol:

Piglet
January 9th, 2010, 20:13
Love Capt. Scarlet! There's was a newer CGI version recently that looked cool (oh yeah yer all spoiled by Avatar), but it's not avail. in the States. Dang!:isadizzy:

I wrote SciFi channel, but they dont do SciFi anymore.
LH, uhhh? or are you just being funny? It does seem that way, like MTV barely plays music videos anymore

P.S. Still got the Airfix Interceptor kit somewhere.
P.P.S. Purple bobbed haircuts on cute Moon girls ROCK!

Piglet
January 9th, 2010, 20:24
And I just found these in all my junk...

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 20:50
LH, uhhh? or are you just being funny? It does seem that way, like MTV barely plays music videos anymore

lololol... Man, I have been living under a rock I guess.. MTV doesnt play music, and SciFi doesnt run SciFi.. . arrgh.. the future. Who would have figured.

Dang.. Everyone had the mobile UFO intercept tank but me..

noddy
January 10th, 2010, 08:06
I to had the Interceptor, the SHADO mobile and Ed Straker car. Also had the transporter and freighter Eagles from Space 1999.

http://ufo.sfdaydreams.com/toys/dinkyufo.htm

Lionheart
January 10th, 2010, 10:52
Notice that they never sold the actual UFO, lol...

Bill