PDA

View Full Version : Them Mission Builder Blues

dvslats
January 8th, 2010, 16:04
Hey All,
Seeing a couple of threads with Mission Builder problems...this would happen to me after a large injection of new scenery and all of the objects that usually go along with them.

To see it in a different light, what's happeing is similar to a fresh install of CFS2, but in rerverse. The sim gets po'd.

What's not in a fresh install of CFS2 that hasn't been played/booted into.

1.) .cdp files
2.) filelist.dat files
3.) Index files

4.) CFS2.cfg/ be carefull with this one, back it up first before deleting it. A last resort.

Bearcat241 helped me with this situation before. That posting is gone, but I have found one similar which provides a better explanation.

Post #4
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27409&highlight=index

The Index files he mentions, along with the filelist.dat, and .cdps has always given ailing installs of mine a new life. :mixedsmi:

Dave

PS, does anyone have the batch files for clearing out filelist.dats, cdps and the gauges? Cody Coyate use to have them attached in a thread, but those are gone now. :ernae:

sc7500
January 8th, 2010, 16:24
I have the standard Batch File, a Modified Batch file [to remove the INDEX files] and a few others that are SUPER touchy.

I'll put the basic file below. As always, remove the ".TXT" from the end of the file name to let the file work as a BAT file.

Use Carefully !
SC
:kilroy:

sc7500
January 8th, 2010, 16:26
The 2nd file didn't attach for some reason - here it is:

dvslats
January 9th, 2010, 00:10
Thank ya kindly sc7500. :icon29: