PDA

View Full Version : Flat Screen Monitor = panels stretched

Fnerg
January 8th, 2010, 08:13
Greetings all, I just bought myself a 21.5" flat screen LCD monitor and I am starting to like the way FS9 looks ( tweak, tweak, tweak), but my panels are all stretched. Is there something I can do to make them look square again?

dogknot
January 8th, 2010, 08:46
Make sure your new screens resolution is selected within FS. That should fix any VC panel distortions. If its just your 2D panels/gauges that are stretched....I hate to tell you....you pretty much have to adapt. There are some 2D panels out there that have been redone for widescreen monitors and/or you can open each and every 2d panel bitmap yourself and redo them for the new ratio.

I had the same concern and plea for help when I got my widescreen...It took me awhile to adapt to the oval gauges in 2D, but I did eventually not notice them as much.

see this thread:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27230

srgalahad
January 8th, 2010, 09:18
Doug,
I assume you're running FS in full screen. The other option ( and my preference for numerous reasons - primarily because ALT-TAB has it's issues) is to run in windowed mode, adjusting the size of the FS window to a compromise and then using the 'spare' space for popup windows or access to other programs ( I tend to multitask while flying)

Dangerousdave26
January 8th, 2010, 12:11
I also just got my Wide Screen Flattem'up Panel.

What I found was in both FS9 and FSX it would not display the native resolution of my panel 1920 X 1080 the first time I start the sim.

Once I shut down the sim and started it again then 1920 X 1080 showed up in the dialog box.

Now that I have the resolution correct the very minor issue is Frame Rates. This monitor is 24 inchs and puts a Whippin on my video card/processor. My frame rates on my old monitor were 24 Strong. Now with this monitor in full screen mode I see from 8 fps to 16 fps. The funny thing is its still smoother than my old monitor when it would hit 8 fps under extreme circumstances.

Like those before said you are stuck with the streched 2D panel. Over all the cost was worth it. I really like the monitor and now that I have the colors straightened out it really looks nice.