PDA

View Full Version : mb problem

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 03:00
when i create a new mission,and try to fly it i get a message saying files are corrupt or formatted wrong.even missions i made in the past do the same thing.im not sure if it is the new pearl scenery causing this as i have made a mission using the new scenery,and i cant load an old pearl mission.this is a bummer.

Jagdflieger
January 8th, 2010, 04:01
I've had that problem a few times and I've usually solved it by deleting a recently added aircraft to the hanger. I'm usually trying to build a mission to use the new plane when it happens. Probably a problem with the DP file of the plane.

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 04:43
ok.the only aircraft i have added recently are the c 47 and f3f for the pearl harbor scenery.

miamieagle
January 8th, 2010, 04:44
Or perhaps you added a new plane recently to your Hangar and it went over the 90 to 100 limit of AC for your Hangar. This will not allow your Mission Builder to work properly!:wavey:

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 04:58
i did delete the 3 new planes i added but no joy

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 06:07
deleted a bunch of planes and still no joy.bugger.only got 74 installed,the rest are stored in aircraft manager,bout 120.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 8th, 2010, 08:45
Be sure you count alternate texture folders to a plane as another aircraft towards your total. Also sometimes MB will read the alternate as a seperate plane and then when you go to fly you get an error (the game itself can't see it). It is best to separate alternate "skins" (textures into a seperate aircraft folder to prevent this.

Cheers... :wavey:

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 09:48
im still in the 100 plane limit but no good.im confused now.(thats not hard you know).

bobhegf
January 8th, 2010, 12:20
scruff, have you uploaded any ships or added any ship dps?This can cause the same problem if you put the wrong dp into the wrong ship folder.

sc7500
January 8th, 2010, 12:24
Scruff, it's been my experience that getting CLOSE to the 100 plane limit can cause problems.

I've learned to keep less than 60 planes in the "Working Hangar" to avoid this challenge. The other alternative [SimonU's 100 Plane Limit Restriction Remover] works great, but creates some havoc in Mission Builder...

And I'm already having enough trouble with that right now...

SC
:kilroy:

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 12:30
yess,i did add a couple of ships.should i delete them?

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 12:48
i deleted all the new addons and still no good.this is getting on my nerves now

Devildog73
January 8th, 2010, 13:33
Is it giving you an error txt file in your main CFS2 folder?

Another option, search your sound.cfg files. Make sure ALL of the 1kb files are properly aliased. I solve this by replacing ALL sounds with addon sounds.

The other thing, make sure your country.cfg has the country in it of each plane you have installed.

I stop my aircraft installs at 88.

scruff
January 8th, 2010, 15:44
no error txtin main cfs2 folder

miamieagle
January 8th, 2010, 18:57
Install this Utlility in the mean while http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/Cfsops/Modules/cfo_weather/Cfo_Weather_75.htm

You can always have access to your Mission Builder through this utlity. Now you also have the ability to change your Weather Manualy through this same Utility.

You have will to press the Alt dial to be able to get to it once you have install it.

erufle
January 9th, 2010, 03:28
I have run into this problem a lot with my 2-year-old HP with Vista. What I have to do is clean out the Objects_DP folder. I wish someone would come up with a utility to clean out all of the DP files that are unused. This would save me a lot of time and I think many more people have this problem than are aware. With all of the weapons that are available out there this folder can expand to unrealized proportions and CFS2 just seems to respond by saying "I can't find anything in this mess so you are out of luck." :isadizzy: :gameoff: :pop4: :toilet:

scruff
January 9th, 2010, 10:03
i really dont know,im stumped.

scruff
January 9th, 2010, 10:04
and i reallydo appreciate all the help,you guys have given me.im in the best basement ever(what)????

Jagdflieger
January 9th, 2010, 11:19
Sometimes I just give up trying to fix an installation that's gone south.

I keep a working installation for each theater or war zipped up and ready to reinstall when needed. When I finally pull the plug on an installation, I just delete it and then unzip its replacement. Then it is not hard to add what little items I need to get back to where I was. I also keep weapons packs and scenery packs that have all the known working and functional items zipped up too. That way if I come up with a missing item error window, I can usually just dump a whole pack into the offending sim and solve the problem.

If you do delete, save your missions folder, GSL and whatever else you may want like your callsigns file and mdlname file if they were updated and you don't want to rebuild those.

Devildog73
January 10th, 2010, 09:38
Like Jagd, I keep a library objects file on hand with all of the INFO, OBJECTS_DP, SCENEDB, for each theater. I also have a folder with aircraft for each theater.

scruff
January 11th, 2010, 02:54
well i downloaded php2 v 5 but still no good.i mkight to to reinstall and thats a pain in the ass.