PDA

View Full Version : Wolves are about

Helldiver
January 8th, 2010, 00:06
There's a little town, about 8 miles south of us here, called Ipswich. Mostly famous for the Ipswich clams. A delectable treat if properly batter fried in a deep fryer.
Among it's various attractions there's a place called Wolves Hollow, mainly because there's a pack of Wolves someone's keeping. I guess for a fee you can go see them.
Anyways, the snow has drifted because of the winds and one enterprising wolf climbed up the drift and escaped. He was gone for 48 hours and everyone was kind of uptight. Seems like this is the time of the year that Wolves go out and mark their territory. It's about a fifty mile radius.
Finally, he showed up at Wolves Hollow, looking for food. The Wolves owner said that he posed no harm to anybody, "He was a friendly Wolf."
I will gladly take his word for it since they have since removed the offending snow drift.

harleyman
January 8th, 2010, 01:28
HD... That is a cool story...Something about wolves I really like..but to get up close and personal for me will never happen...LOL

At least not a 100% wolf. I have know some partial wolves before...

Lionheart
January 8th, 2010, 02:18
I once saw 3 huge tan colored wolves walking through a neighborhood at 11PM at night. I couldnt believe what I saw. huge things. Really wide heads, giant feet, thin legs and narrow ribcages.

I hadnt seen tan ones before. They looked healthy, so I dont think they were wild. Running around free in a neighborhood.. Very grim..

Bill

Snuffy
January 8th, 2010, 03:15
I had a gf who had a Husky/wolf mix. Fericely loyal dog ... pretty as can be too!

Crusader
January 8th, 2010, 06:12
HD... That is a cool story...Something about wolves I really like..but to get up close and personal for me will never happen...LOL

At least not a 100% wolf. I have know some partial wolves before...

Hi Mason , Just staying inside today . Went out and shoveled alittle snow for about 30mins and said the hell with this . There are quite a few two legged wolves here in my area . They work for banks and insurance companies .:monkies:
Have a good day ,

Rich

cheezyflier
January 8th, 2010, 06:21
there's another interesting thing about ipswich. h.p. lovecraft fans recognize it as being close to his fictional town of innsmouth. :applause:

and besides that, chevy chase lives there :icon_lol:

luckydog
January 8th, 2010, 07:50
I'm only a mutt.......no wolf blood in me......
but I can wolf whistle !

Odie
January 8th, 2010, 08:22
I once saw 3 huge tan colored wolves walking through a neighborhood at 11PM at night. I couldnt believe what I saw. huge things. Really wide heads, giant feet, thin legs and narrow ribcages.

I hadnt seen tan ones before. They looked healthy, so I dont think they were wild. Running around free in a neighborhood.. Very grim..

Bill

Bill, were they walking on all-fours or up on two legs?? At 11pm, I'd worry that they would be of the "were-" breed....:icon_lol:

Dain Arns
January 8th, 2010, 08:32
My aunt's two labs are doing the same thing with all of the snow built up. Hopping the fence.
Had to take the snowblower out and make a 'moat' around the yard. :icon_lol:

harleyman
January 8th, 2010, 08:53
there's another interesting thing about ipswich. h.p. lovecraft fans recognize it as being close to his fictional town of innsmouth. :applause:

and besides that, chevy chase lives there :icon_lol:

Hey..Are you shure you are in the right thread?
or is that stout getting the best of you these days?

LOl

Crusader...I hear ya on moving snow...heck with that..it will melt in the spring..

And about those two legged wolves...You aren't wolf calling at them are you? :bump: