PDA

View Full Version : This looks like it could be fun.

Paul Anderson
January 7th, 2010, 14:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3KrFV0-WFw

cheezyflier
January 7th, 2010, 14:31
it is interesting, but they don't tell you how far you range is for control.

Allen
January 7th, 2010, 14:39
it is interesting, but they don't tell you how far you range is for control.

The Vid said "..thanks to WiFi tech" so may it can operate any were there is a open WiFi.

GT182
January 7th, 2010, 14:49
They don't tell you how long the batteries last either. Imagine having it out snooping around and boing... no power. Now find it. :bump:

Dain Arns
January 7th, 2010, 15:18
OMG. :jawdrop:

That. Is. The. Coolest. Thing. Ever. :icon_lol:

They don't tell you how long the batteries last either. Imagine having it out snooping around and boing... no power. Now find it. :bump:

I imagine it's Lipo battery powered, like a couple of the indoor helicopters I fly around the house here.

4 rotors, probably two battery packs, 5 to 10 minutes, tops I bet.
It's got to draw a lot of power, especially if it has a camera on it too. :running:

cheezyflier
January 7th, 2010, 19:47
the site said 15 min flying time.
the reason i wanted to know the control range is, so i could use it to pester people remotely

Dain Arns
January 7th, 2010, 20:48
the site said 15 min flying time.
the reason i wanted to know the control range is, so i could use it to pester people remotely

Hmmm. If I understand it properly, technically you could remote fly it in another city, as long as you had WiFi access for each?

cheezyflier
January 8th, 2010, 06:40
right, i was just hoping that it would be able to fly from my living room to say, the building 2 or 3 blocks away., then back again.

Toastmaker
January 8th, 2010, 07:34
Ok! Drones for the masses ! Some of the NFL Quarterbacks need to get their hands on some lazer-guided footballs -

:kilroy:

Bjoern
January 8th, 2010, 13:35
I want one!

Imagine the possiblities...seeing that hot neighbour undressing in her bedroom and such...:kilroy: :icon_lol:

GT182
January 8th, 2010, 16:01
I want one!

Imagine the possiblities...seeing that hot neighbour undressing in her bedroom and such...:kilroy: :icon_lol:

:rolleyes: Shame on you you peeping Bjoern. :173go1: Actually I was thinkin the same thing. :bump:

Allen
January 8th, 2010, 17:32
Hmmm. If I understand it properly, technically you could remote fly it in another city, as long as you had WiFi access for each?

I want one!

HEY! I got a good idea!

If we can fly it in another city. I say we pull all are money, buy one and see if one of the Canelo's Cantina Moderator's leg live up what she show us! http://forums.llamma.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif (http://forums.llamma.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=17&t=32566#)

Bjoern
January 9th, 2010, 17:19
:rolleyes: Shame on you you peeping Bjoern. :173go1: Actually I was thinkin the same thing. :bump:

As if there was something wrong with looking. :engel016:

Lionheart
January 9th, 2010, 17:57
That is one awesome toy. I had heard about it last night.

Uses iPhone to control with.

Note on WiFi. Your iPhone has a built in WiFi transciever and so does the aircraft. Thus they are talking directly to each other without a WiFi bouncer station. Its direct-link. But.. Its range is limited. I would say line of sight at about 20 or 30 yards (or meters) and with a building in the way, about 10 yards (like in the next room with a wall in the way, etc).

Bill

Allen
January 9th, 2010, 22:03
Darn! There gose my master plan to spy on C9G.:isadizzy: