PDA

View Full Version : Game Booster!

Planes-11
January 6th, 2010, 02:30
Reading the threads, I know that many of us struggle with pc performance when flying todays top sims.

I have been using Game Booster for about a year now, and it really gives the sim a kick with better performance all round. You can get the free download from iobit here:-

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I hope this helps you enjoy the virtual world a lot better, especially for those with older riggs.

Mike

TomSteber
January 6th, 2010, 03:27
Would like to hear a few more reviews before downloading another program for the puter. Sounds like a good deal. (No freeware pun intended)
Does everything that it shuts off turn back on when your done with your simming session? Is it as simple as turning everything on/off?

rpjkw
January 6th, 2010, 04:40
I've been using Game Booster for almost the same time as Mike, and have been very happy with it. I used Smart Close before that, but I found GB to be better, easier to use, and quicker.

Bob

Planes-11
January 6th, 2010, 05:08
Would like to hear a few more reviews before downloading another program for the puter. Sounds like a good deal. (No freeware pun intended)
Does everything that it shuts off turn back on when your done with your simming session? Is it as simple as turning everything on/off?

Hi Tom, yes it does. Once you have landed and shut off the wind-jammer, and taken off the flying suite ready for your first glass of Scotch, and you hear the "Boss" shout from the Kitchen - "So you are back in the land of the living again"...don't worry a simple click on a button will restore all programs shut down before your flight, and bring your pc back to normal mode.

As Bob says - this is safe. I would never have put the link up otherwise.

Terry
January 6th, 2010, 05:12
Reading the threads, I know that many of us struggle with pc performance when flying todays top sims.

I have been useing Game Booster for about a year now, and it really gives the sim a kick with better performance all round. You can get the free download from iobit here:-

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I hope this helps you enjoy the virtual world a lot better, especially for those with older riggs.

Mike

Does this program have any advantages over Ken Salter's Alacrity?

Planes-11
January 6th, 2010, 05:15
Does this program have any advantages over Ken Salter's Alacrity?

Terry, I have never tried Ken's program so I can't say but I do hear it is good. If it works for you then stick with it. I put this up to help fellow simmers enjoy a better flying experience, and I know it has done a great job for me.

With Game Booster, you can expect constant improvements as the program is updated on a regular basis. This really is a freeware gem.

Drzook
January 6th, 2010, 05:52
Just downloaded and installed hoping that I wouldn't have to use 'the Tweak' that I use to improve framerates. Unfortunately that wasn't the case; most of my sliders are to the right and I was getting about 4.3fps with the default Vega. After I did 'the Tweak' (opened a 2d panel window in this case the throttle quadrant, made it small and put in in the lower left corner of the screen) it went back up to the 24.8fps. I then turned off that window. FPS went to around 12fps and hovered around there in several different views, which is what usually happens anyway. It might work better for actual flight but I am kind of pressed for time; will check out more when I get back home from work tonite.
FWIW the program seems to have a pretty easy-to-use interface and seems to exhibit a lot of potential. I will definitely look into it further. Thank you very much Planes-11 for the heads-up. :ernae:

Henry
January 6th, 2010, 06:04
i have been using it for a while
works for me
H

TomSteber
January 6th, 2010, 06:49
As Bob says - this is safe. I would never have put the link up otherwise.

Never meant it that way. Just didn't want to open a new can of worms that I don't know how to clean up. :isadizzy:

With everything that I'm hearing here, I'll have to give it a try later.

Thanks for the responces.

Planes-11
January 6th, 2010, 07:10
Never meant it that way. Just didn't want to open a new can of worms that I don't know how to clean up. :isadizzy:

With everything that I'm hearing here, I'll have to give it a try later.

Thanks for the responces.

Tom, of course not. On re-looking at the comment I made it does look harsh, which I sincerely did not mean at all. You are right to query everything. I hope this works for you.

Cheers

luckydog
January 6th, 2010, 07:26
Installed GB about a week ago and am liking it.........

brad kaste
January 6th, 2010, 07:27
Mike,....like Tom,...I'm always a bit leery of downloading something I might regret (dearly) later. Especially when it comes to installing a program that might have an overall negative effect within the computer and various running programs. I've paid the price a few times.
So I'm asking, is it,...as far as you know,....as fool proof and glitch free as possible? Easy to 'uninstall' too?

Planes-11
January 6th, 2010, 09:51
Mike,....like Tom,...I'm always a bit leery of downloading something I might regret (dearly) later. Especially when it comes to installing a program that might have an overall negative effect within the computer and various running programs. I've paid the price a few times.
So I'm asking, is it,...as far as you know,....as fool proof and glitch free as possible? Easy to 'uninstall' too?

Brad, I fully agree with you and Tom, it is wise to see and know before you dive in.

As for it being fool proof and glitch free, I can only say quite honestly that in over a year now I have never been confronted with an error in use of any kind. It has always done it's job, and when no longer required it has perfectly restarted normal running componants without a hitch.

I do not believe you will have any problems with an uninstall. I was reading the threads, and in many cases I have seen comment on pc performance etc. This made me share what I have been using for a while now, every time I fly and I have found it to be a great tool, that works hand in hand with my sim. They go together every time I get in The Office.

I read today that one of our members had a drive crash and of course subsequent posts commented on virus intrusions. I use three different levels of security on my pc today, two of them are provided by iobit.

Regards,

Mike