PDA

View Full Version : RE: How Israel screens for Terrorists

brad kaste
January 5th, 2010, 20:17
http://www.onejerusalem.org/2010/01/how-israel-screens-for-terrori.php

...I think our carriers could learn a thing or two from the Israelis....

Lionheart
January 5th, 2010, 21:07
Pretty smart.

Nice record they have.

Bill

Piglet
January 5th, 2010, 22:38
Notice they never say what the "few questions" are?
I always thought we should let the Israelis train our airport guys.

Snuffy
January 6th, 2010, 03:15
It obviously works. :ernae:

jkcook28
January 6th, 2010, 07:05
It's a superb record and the tactics certainly work. However they deal with but (approx) 40 flights per day. The U.S. flies (approx) 40,000 per day.
No way to question all; but certainly "suspected" ones...

cheezyflier
January 6th, 2010, 07:19
It obviously works. :ernae:

aren't you the same guy who argued against this policy in the other thread? :173go1:

glad to see you've seen the light :applause:

Snuffy
January 6th, 2010, 07:53
aren't you the same guy who argued against this policy in the other thread? :173go1:

glad to see you've seen the light :applause:

Nope. I'm all for hands on ...

Dain Arns
January 6th, 2010, 08:24
Notice they never say what the "few questions" are?
I always thought we should let the Israelis train our airport guys.

Or the fact they would have noticed a guy trying to board a plane with no luggage... :rolleyes:

Oh well.

I noticed they didn't give too much away, other than during an attempted hijacking there is no option to surrender on the flight, just death.
They made that pretty clear. :icon_lol:

Bjoern
January 6th, 2010, 10:55
It's a superb record and the tactics certainly work. However they deal with but (approx) 40 flights per day. The U.S. flies (approx) 40,000 per day.

Yep. Israel has just two international airports which provide effective chokepoints for incoming passengers.

stansdds
January 6th, 2010, 15:59
Or the fact they would have noticed a guy trying to board a plane with no luggage... :rolleyes:

Oh well.

I noticed they didn't give too much away, other than during an attempted hijacking there is no option to surrender on the flight, just death.
They made that pretty clear. :icon_lol:
Yeah, no luggage, paid in cash, one way ticket, maybe a passport that did not allow legal entry into the destination...

cheezyflier
January 6th, 2010, 17:53
Yep. Israel has just two international airports which provide effective chokepoints for incoming passengers.

that thought is misleading. overall, it may seem like a factor, but if every international airport in the states employed the same tactics that the israelis do, we could have the same record. we already have a crapload of tsa guys. it's just a matter of better training and changing the tactics.

one of the things that really surprises me is that some of the people here who endorse the current policy of non profiling are people who i know through their posts to be thoughtful, intelligent, level headed people. since this topic has come up here, it is something i have given more thought to than the issue itself. the idea that they don't see what i see, even though they know what i know, just kinda blows my mind.

Gdavis101
January 6th, 2010, 21:46
Very cool.. I think it just boils down to common sense when screening passengers.

Snuffy
January 7th, 2010, 03:55
Very cool.. I think it just boils down to common sense when screening passengers.

That, and an employee/security checker attitude that they're there to protect society.

Unfortunately, I think, most people employed in these positions are there just so they can say they have a job and are employed and don't care one way or another if they're doing a top job ...

The Israeli mindset on this industry is going to be hard to instill in others who have no personal gratification of a job well done.

:icon34:

cheezyflier
January 7th, 2010, 06:39
you know, it's sad how true that is. not just for the security industry, but all vocations. there seems to be a glut of individuals who are content on just having a pulse and nothing more. it makes it soooo refreshing to see someone do their job well just because they enjoy doing quality work.

jkcook28
January 7th, 2010, 07:05
That Israeli security is also private sector, not government run bloat.
Probably explains it's failure...

rayrey10
January 7th, 2010, 08:13
It's not just their mindset or professionalism, it's that they live this on a daily basis. For them suicide bombers, and bombs on buses, etc. isn't just something they see on the news...they've lived it.

Another thing is that Israel has been at this game for a while. They have a very seasoned military and police force. Human experience will trump any new technology that's out there.

Bottom line is that we (Americans) are our own worst enemy when it comes to this. There is a place for political correctness but not at the expense of our security.

GT182
January 7th, 2010, 09:27
Couldn't agree with you more Ray. Screw political correctness too.... you do what you have to to keep everyone safe and in one piece.

Odie
January 7th, 2010, 11:47
Israel has said from day one that we needed to be looking for terrorists and not weapons.