PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Martin-Baker

middle
January 3rd, 2010, 12:54
I'm surprised that Ihavn't seen this plane amongst the planes for the RTW.
It's in the Alphasim freeware collection and is fast and nimble. The main drawback to it is that it gulps fuel at a fairly fast rate.

brad kaste
January 3rd, 2010, 13:32
Middle,...nice scenery set. Where is it from?

Tom Clayton
January 3rd, 2010, 13:40
I'm guessing Fly Tampa's KSFO?

middle
January 3rd, 2010, 13:50
Tom and Brad, that's actually stock scenery with a couple of small items mixed in and FS genesis freeware mesh and the clouds are a combo of assorted packages as are the ground textures which are a combo of Lennarts and Golden Wings and all kinds of stuff.

Oh yeh..I also mixed the autogen buildings up from a Russian set and a Norwegian set and the stock set.Makes for a little more variety...some of the Russian buildings look as tho there is wash hanging from the porchrails,lol.

Kowalski65
January 3rd, 2010, 14:13
A great plane but I dont think it's RTWR legal as not enough were made :(

srgalahad
January 3rd, 2010, 14:25
As K65 said...
"Aircraft must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for use in the race.
They must be either:

Piston-powered fixed-wing aircraft.
Turboprop-powered, fixed-wing aircraft of two engines or fewer.
Rotorcraft.

In addition at least 10 real-life flying examples of the model, type, and specific version of the simulated aircraft must have been produced and put into service."

In all probability the only way we'll see new a/c is if someone builds a new model and finds the historic data to make it 'legal'... but there aren't many planes left undone that would even come close to making the cut.

middle
January 3rd, 2010, 15:03
OH...well there are several skins and some further info that came with the plane..I'll have to look.

Blackbird686
January 4th, 2010, 06:32
A great plane but I dont think it's RTWR legal as not enough were made :(

There were only 2 made, one was fully operational as a prototype and I believe that the other never got off the ground as it's construction was never compleated.

The operational model was presented to the RAF as well as British Royalty in a demonstration which proved the M.B.5 to be superior to any plane currently in service. But beacuse of "political" reasons, as well as the the fact that P-51's and P-47's as well as the later Spitfires and Sea Furys were at the peak of production... the M.B.5 project got shelved. The plane just came too late in the war to make a real difference.

I considered the M.B.5 as my plane of choice if I were to enter the RTWR, I also had a copy of A2A's (then RealAir) Mk XIV Spitfire, the plane with the clearview canopy and light blue skin. It never happened...:pop4:

Piglet also did an M.B.5 initially for CFS2 but it works superbly in FS9. The skins also work in FS9 so you can have the prototype as well as the fictional RAF paint. IMHO it is an excellent work.

BB686:USA-flag:

srgalahad
January 8th, 2010, 18:09
I considered the M.B.5 as my plane of choice if I were to enter the RTWR, I also had a copy of A2A's (then RealAir) Mk XIV Spitfire, the plane with the clearview canopy and light blue skin. It never happened...:pop4:
BB686:USA-flag:

Well, maybe not with the M.B.5, but you can still fly in the RTWR... besides, having more than one plane is an advantage to fit into some of the categories or special sections:icon_lol: