PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm at it already ...

Snuffy
January 2nd, 2010, 11:31
Wrote my first series of checks for bills this year and had to void 3 of them ... I wrote 2009 instead of 2010.

:bump:

:173go1:

gigabyte
January 2nd, 2010, 11:52
Snuffy, I used to do the same thing, until I had the bright idea to take my checkbook in early Jan and write the new year on every check in the book I was using, then by the time I got to using a new book I was in the habit of using the new year everywhere else. It did not help me with other stuff like work forms etc, but I have not written a cheque with the wrong year since I started this back when I got married...

mfitch
January 2nd, 2010, 19:55
This is a great reason to avoid checks. Let's hear it for debit cards! I also like the clocks on cell phones, because they automatically adjust for the time zone. I was in three time zones around Christmas.

GT182
January 3rd, 2010, 06:23
There's a great way to avoid that commonly made mistake Snuffy. Write 2010 backwards on you forehead and then sit in front of a mirror when you write checks. No mistakes on the year. ;)

It's also great for when your out in the car. People in front of you just have to look in their mirrors and they can see what year it is with you behind them..... you'll be doing a great public service. :d
Just make sure you write it big. ;)

Odie
January 3rd, 2010, 07:58
Went to the pharmacy to pickup some insulin, carefully wrote the check out making sure it was 2010 while the pharmacist was getting the insulin.....and they were out of it ! Null and voided.

Quixoticish
January 3rd, 2010, 08:46
This is a great reason to avoid checks. Let's hear it for debit cards! I also like the clocks on cell phones, because they automatically adjust for the time zone. I was in three time zones around Christmas.

Hear hear. I can't believe people still use cheques to pay for things, in fact even having cash on your person is usually pretty useless these days as anywhere that is everywhere accepts debit and credit cards.