PDA

View Full Version : Test this

OleBoy
January 1st, 2010, 17:46
Hi Folks

My first attempt at creating a website.:kilroy:

I need some to test and give feedback if it can be seen, and you can get through the pages. WIP

http://www.oleboys-paintshop.embarqspace.com
(http://www.oleboys-paintshop.embarqspace.com/)

Flyboy208
January 1st, 2010, 17:52
Nice mountain backdrop, and a fine looking site OB, but not much is "clickable"

Mike :running:

OleBoy
January 1st, 2010, 17:57
Thanks Flyboy. It's going to be my hanger for my repaints. I'm still learning my way around things. Hopefully soon I will have it up and running.

Lionheart
January 1st, 2010, 18:40
Looking good Ole Boy!

Nice work on the webpage.

Note that one way you can do it like the fancy websites (like BMW and all) is to have a single picture on your 'index' page, and have that as a clickable link, which goes to a new webpage, like 'homepage', etc, and from there, link in all your pages.

Its fun to experiment with all the ways you can put things on a webpage.

Bill

Mick
January 1st, 2010, 19:25
Nice looking page!

On my system the page image doesn't quite fill the browser window, leaving a space around all four edges that shows what appears to be overlapped tiling of the main image. I suppose it's got something to do with screen resolution...???

You're off to a nice start!

OleBoy
January 1st, 2010, 19:31
Thanks Bill. And Mick. Have another look as I did a little more. Not all links are active. Not sure if I like the redirect going to my photobucket account.

I've been messin about with this web page stuff for most of a day. I'm tryin to get things figured out. A little readin, and lots of playin. Kinda like doin a repaint!!

I'll figure it out eventually. Before ya know it, that tiling of the background will get fixed ;)

Chacha
January 1st, 2010, 20:54
Cool page...

I know it is under construction, but it looks beautiful already..

I clicked on the clickable ones and saw the helos... :applause:

Cees Donker
January 1st, 2010, 21:02
Looks good Oleboy!

:ernae:

Cees

dhasdell
January 1st, 2010, 22:21
I'm getting this, using either Firefox or IE. The enter tab is there, lower down the page.

OleBoy
January 1st, 2010, 22:40
Trying to get that part sorted out ATM. The background image tiled. It's throwing the whole page out of whack

Planes-11
January 5th, 2010, 12:31
The Site is down for maintenance now?

OleBoy
January 5th, 2010, 12:43
The site is down till I find a different hosting method that will show the page full screen.

By the way, thanks for bringing this up. I'm calling my ISP right now

Planes-11
January 5th, 2010, 13:14
The site is down till I find a different hosting method that will show the page full screen.

By the way, thanks for bringing this up. I'm calling my ISP right now

Yip, good luck with the site. It looks like it will be a good one.

OleBoy
January 7th, 2010, 16:47
deleted