PDA

View Full Version : Rise Of Flight Key Code Problem

Emil Frand
December 30th, 2009, 06:53
got the game yesterday as a gift, loaded it up,updated but there was no key code in the box, so I cant play it. This doesnt seem like an isolated incident after going to the rof forum. emailed support and got " ask the seller on this issue" along with "HA" added to the email header, pathedic.
anyone else have this issue?

harleyman
December 30th, 2009, 07:47
Well That bites .......

Emil Frand
December 30th, 2009, 07:58
LOL! yeah I agree.

waco
December 30th, 2009, 08:25
I was thinking about purchasing ROF but hesitant becuz of the DRM not allowing off line play. There's quite a huge outcry on numerous sites over this. The developers seem to be losing many purchasers over this. I had thought maybe the product key would be made available after installation and during activation.

Snuffy
December 30th, 2009, 09:36
The key code is usually in the printed manual on the back page.

If you have other issues, take it up with neoqb at their website, they're a great and friendly bunch.

(I also think this post should have been in the proper forum for it ... i.e. the Rise of Flight forum further down the page. But that's just me.)

Willy
December 30th, 2009, 09:47
Snuffy's right about you'd get a better answer in our Rise of Flight forum.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Emil Frand
December 30th, 2009, 10:07
tried the rof forum first, got an email addy for rof support and emailed them, told em new boxed game never opened but key code sticker was not in there. they replied back:
Hello,
You should ask about this issue your seller.

In the email header I had Help! No Key Code

the reply also included a change to that to this:
HA: Help! No Key Code

I didnt find this very helpful and thought Id ask here to see if anyone here had this problem. And there wasnt a printed manual in the case.

Lawman
December 30th, 2009, 10:39
Have you ever considered the possibility that since Neoqb is a Russian company their computers and software probably use Cyrillic writing, so the letters "HA" could very well mean "RE" (as in "reply") instead of meaning something like "just sort it out yourself"?

Emil Frand
December 30th, 2009, 10:57
actually yeah I did, but got so pissy about the whole issue and him pushing it off on the seller(overstock.com) that I just lumped it in with the crappy reply he sent.

Lawman
December 30th, 2009, 11:07
I recently bought a (discounted) game and the sticker with the serial key was also missing. I just went back to the store where I had bought it, explained the situation and they exchanged it no problem. That's the way the law works "over here": the reseller is responsible for the product he sells you and your first "port of call" if something is wrong with the product he supplied you with. I'm sure it's the same in the US?

Emil Frand
December 30th, 2009, 11:16
overstock has a non-refund policy on dvds and pc games, thats understandable. I called and hopefully they'll refund the whole amount or replace it as they said after I told them it was defective
/missing parts.

Its just a hassle for all concerned considering it was a gift.

Ferry_vO
December 30th, 2009, 12:35
Of course 99% of people who claim they didn't find a key code didn't actually purchase the game which is why I can uderstand that Neoqb is reluctant to supply one,even though you have every right to receive one..

Have you tried Aerosoft support; since they are responsible for the manufacturing and distributing RoF maybe they could help you. Try including a photo of the box and of the inside.

BTW Aerosoft puts a small sticker on the inside of the box just above the DVD, but the adhevise doesn't seem to be very strong..

Snuffy
December 30th, 2009, 12:38
You may also want to try a pdf of the sales reciept if the giver of the gift kept the reciept.