PDA

View Full Version : FSX window mode

American398
October 31st, 2008, 19:30
hey guys, while im on a flight i will frequently go in and out of FS. But in window mode I get this horizantal tearing. I do have the vsync enabled on my vid card. but i still get it in window mode. but when im in full screen i dont get it. any way to fix this? I have the NVIDIA 7600 GS 512mb.

spotlope
October 31st, 2008, 21:56
My understanding is that vsync is active in full-screen mode only.

JT8D-9A
October 31st, 2008, 22:46
I think vsync is enabled by default only for fullscreen mode.
For windowed mode you have to enable it in the FSX.cfg:

[DISPLAY]
ForceVSync=True

American398
November 1st, 2008, 00:28
I think vsync is enabled by default only for fullscreen mode.
For windowed mode you have to enable it in the FSX.cfg:

[DISPLAY]
ForceVSync=True

ya did that and no luck, but ya maby there is no way around it with NVIDIA, oh well.

chinookmark
November 1st, 2008, 00:41
I think window mode uses whatever settings you have applied to your desktop. Is your Vsync enabled as global, or only for FSX?

robby88
November 1st, 2008, 00:43
You've got to force vsync on for FSX in the custom 3D settings in the nvidia control panel. It only works for DX9 mode. Forcing vsync does not work in DX10 preview mode in any of the drivers I've tried, though tearing in DX10 does vary with each driver. It's a lot less noticeable than it used to be.

robby88
November 1st, 2008, 01:15
Following up on my above post I've just been for a test flight using the 180.43 drivers with vsync forced on for FSX in my nvidia settings in both DX9 & DX10 modes in windowed mode and full screen. No tearing in DX9 in either window or fullscreen, no perceptable tearing in windowed mode in DX10, occasional minor teating in full screen mode in DX10.

American398
November 1st, 2008, 12:31
You've got to force vsync on for FSX in the custom 3D settings in the nvidia control panel. It only works for DX9 mode. Forcing vsync does not work in DX10 preview mode in any of the drivers I've tried, though tearing in DX10 does vary with each driver. It's a lot less noticeable than it used to be.

yes, did that, im using DX9 though on Windows XP SP2. im just afraid to update drivers because it always seems to lead to trouble with me lol.