PDA

View Full Version : Dbolt's Weapons Question

Typhoon Willy
December 29th, 2009, 07:34
Hi all,

I've always been partial to Dbolt's weapons pack (no offense to the FDG guys) but when I modify a dp to these weps, I've always wanted to know why is there an a, b, c, d variant for each of the bombs. Also, when would I use a wired rocket as opposed to a non-wired rocket? Same with the torpedoes, in what application would I use each the a, b, c, d, e variant?

Thanks,

TW

Nole
December 29th, 2009, 07:47
You must not look at the various weapons closely enough. The various letter designations have various textures with different messages on different sides of the weapons....for mounting on left and right sides of the aircraft. To see these mount the weapons on external points and examine them from all sides at close range.

Typhoon Willy
December 29th, 2009, 08:14
Ahhh, gotcha, that explains the bombs portion of my post.

Nole
December 29th, 2009, 11:15
The only difference between a normal rocket and the 'wired' rocket is a visible ignition wire on the tail of the wired rocket. Again look at the weapons visually....the differences are quite obvious.

Typhoon Willy
December 29th, 2009, 11:45
Yes, I've seen the ignition wire, I'm just wondering at what point during the war was each used?

Nole
December 30th, 2009, 09:08
All aircraft rockets were electrically ignited, so they all had wires. The 'wired' rocket just happens to be a model that depicts the wire, while most models leave it out....the wires being very small and not very noticeable.