PDA

View Full Version : AI Traffic Without Pauses?

MSW
December 27th, 2009, 15:46
Is there a AI Traffic package, either payware or freeware, which doesn't have the problem of causing pausing as you approach an airport when the ai traffic is loading?

I haven't gotten any payware packages yet because of this problem. I don't want to pay for a package and then I can't use it because of this.

Any suggestions?

FSX Acceleration, E6700 Core 2 Duo oced to 3.3, Nvidia 8800 GTS 640 MB, 2 GB Dual Path RAM, XP SP3

Thanks!

Mike

Railrunner130
December 28th, 2009, 10:45
Look for AI optimized files. They should say something like "low poly count". Downloading files by Henry Tomkiewicz is a good place to start.

EgoR64
December 28th, 2009, 10:53
:wavey:

Hi Mike,

I have UT2 for FSX - is ok, had to dummit down a tad running 75% with the Biggys and 25% with the General Aviation. I match the UT2 Settings with FSX -

Will be getting mytraffix X update for my 5.1 to see if it is any better, It runs with UT2 as well, I too enjoy lots o traffic at the major airports, I had to fine tune my system to get rid if the Pausies - Sooo Anoying, But when ya hammer it out, it can be very enjoyable -

Running i7 920 oc 3.47, 6gb triple Channel, nv 260

Cheers -

JSkorna
December 28th, 2009, 14:16
The pausing is not from the AI traffic, but from the jetways loading from your scenery. Turn down the slider in FSX that controls the jetways and try a flight. Sorry, can't remember which slider it is!