PDA

View Full Version : Sticky hat on TM stick

oakfloor
October 31st, 2008, 15:49
All of sudden, my Thrustmaster cougar HOTAS joystick "panview" hat seems to sitck, and then stops working. The foxy analyser shows that it is working. I did download the last invida driver, so I rolled back the GPU card driver, that didnt work, and reloaded the TM with there latest software and no differnce. Thanks for the help.

GT182
October 31st, 2008, 16:02
One soulution... buy a Tracker IR4 Pro. You'll be glad you did. :d And for this reason... you don't drive a car and use a hatswitch to look around. With a Tracker you look around just as you do in real life..... by using your head. ;)

Read the Tracker IR4 ad at the bottom of the reply page.

Other than that you can take your stick apart and lube the hatswitch, but be careful. I've done it.

oakfloor
October 31st, 2008, 18:17
Why take the stick apart? is that what causes it to fail? the foxy analyser shows that it working.

GT182
October 31st, 2008, 18:28
Taking it apart to lub it won't cause it to fail. Make sure you unplug your Cougar first. You didn't say it failed, you only said it was sticking and stopped working. I asume that you can umstick it and it starts working again. A little vasoline should fix it I'd think.

BTW.. my Cougar's axises were so sloppy I had a hard time flying. So... I took it apart and shimmed the gimbals inside and now she's fine. I've also had the throttle apart and fixed that. So you see, you can take them apart and fix them.

Piglet
October 31st, 2008, 18:46
Just last week my TM Cougar buttons stopped working on the stick. Cafefully split the handle, spurted contact cleaner in all the switches, and on the contacts in the handle's screw-on base, and now all is well.:wavey:

oakfloor
October 31st, 2008, 19:22
Well I got an extra set, who wants to fix it and how much you charge? Mr. P did your foxy analyser indicate the the hat was working, as mine does?

Piglet
October 31st, 2008, 21:24
No, FOXY showed no button response. Got me all worried, then figgered why not try the simple fix first...

oakfloor
October 31st, 2008, 21:59
O.K. I think its a software issue, I had the nvida "enhancer" running, turned that off, and got somewhat better results. Or maybe the GPU just can't keep up with the changes.

oakfloor
November 3rd, 2008, 20:44
Well I did some research on this , and I want to increase the buffer pool. So where or how do I do this on windows XP?

jmig
November 4th, 2008, 03:01
After I got the IRTrack, I changed the coolie hat switch to the trim control. This was its function in the plane I flew. Much more natural to me.