PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Beaufort

gius
December 27th, 2009, 12:17
Hi,
has anyone converted the Alpha Bristol Beaufort available as freeware at Avsim?

Shessi
December 27th, 2009, 13:47
Hi Gius,
Yes and no! Converts well but the torpedo version needs scasm work to properly lose the torpedo, also nor multi-LOD so not as friendly as Bill Renwick's (get it here at the SOH) dedicated CFS2 versions.

A little project I was playing with as well, and want to get done....I allways get distracted...grrr! :d

Cheers Shessi

Jagdflieger
December 27th, 2009, 17:04
She's a sweet plane in FS 9. I hope that the project works out as it would be nice to have her in CFS 2.

In the meantime, Will Renweck's numerous versions of the Beaufort are soldiering on fine and well worth downloading.

Ravenna
December 27th, 2009, 22:59
Um, er...I converted her without a hiccup. Guess I got lucky:icon_lol:! Someone...and I'm not being coy here because I cannot remember who....alphad out the torpedo and I used William Renwick's airfile (or one of them). A very good looker up close. I can't remember whether she is multi-lod.

Shessi
December 28th, 2009, 02:09
Hi Rav,
Agreed converts easily and looks good. The problem is that alpha-ing out the torpedo leaves a 'see-through' area around the engines which doesn't look good at all...the proper way is scasm and will look so much better.

Cheers Shessi

Ravenna
December 28th, 2009, 15:25
This has me wondering whether the original came with a range of model choices. I know that there is a seperate AI, so was there one without a torpedo? I just looked at the converted model I have and this is what she looks like...

Jagdflieger
December 29th, 2009, 07:47
Yes, two models in the package.

One without and one with the torpedo.