PDA

View Full Version : A Face To All The Prayers(first post)

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 02:28
I was not going to post this in this thread..but so many here have offered their help, prayers, and simular stories that I just thought you all may like to see what Amy looks like and just how beautiful she is...

This is with Dons permission naturally..I spoke with him today, late afternoon..he is as well as can be expected after this ordeal.... He and his family are wonderful folks and really appreciated all your kindness... The daughters and Don still need our support and prayers..Amy was their world..Completely..

Don wanted me to pass along that this picture was taken just the end of last summer( I believe the end) and was in celebration of their 30th wedding anniversary when they renewed then their vow's again ...

For all of you that have read the request, and have included this kind family into your prayers I have a new update.

We fear the time draws near, Hospice has increased the Morphene, as she awakes and cries out into the night on the hour.. It is very sad indeed..

More than ever this family needs the power of prayer and love..And if you have any left to give, there is no more deserving family I know of...

And please say a special prayer for both daughters, that are having a hard time comming to terms with this ...

While I watched my own mother die from cancer, the one thing that will remain with me forever is what one her doctors said to me about 10 days before she died...

" The hardest thing the human body will ever do is die " These words have haunted me since that day....

Here is the origional request for prayer for those that may have missed it or are new.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=27349

Thanks to all that are including them into their prayers...

mariereid
December 27th, 2009, 03:03
Hi Harley, I too went through your experience. I just kept hoping for a miracle. I have a simple, strong, childlike faith, I KNOW my mom and dad are in Heaven. I will be praying in a few minutes, and will include this family. Oh, how I hate cancer. May the Lord watch over and help you through this time.

cheezyflier
December 27th, 2009, 03:14
i watched cancer take my mom, her brother, my best friend's wife, several aunts and uncles, and it nearly got my wife several years ago.
i'm prayin right alongside all of yall

Cazzie
December 27th, 2009, 03:32
Nineteen years ago December 23rd, I sat with my brother and mother as our dear father passed from cancer. They call out the dead first, a family member, brother, mother. It is like being called home, to a better place away from strife and grief, away from the pain and the misery of trying to carry on. Their love for you awaits in the other place, at the Rainbow Bridge. They seek the ones they have loved in the past now and are going home to see them.

May God grace your family with love Mason and give you all the strength to understand that ones closest to us must leave us to see those they have seen most in their past. Take grace that you and your family are there to be with her in her final moments. At times she will recognize you. Hold her hand and speak in her ear, she will grip. I know these things. I am part Indian. Just before my maternal grandmother passed away, I grasped her hand and whispered in her ear that Roy (her husband) was waiting on the other side. She made a grin and tightened her grip. She was beyond speaking, but she need not have to, that grip and little grin told me all I needed.

May the Lord be with your family on the coming of this new year Mason.

Caz

Crusader
December 27th, 2009, 04:44
Beautifully stated" Caz " . Mason unfortunately as those above have stated and I am sure several here at SOH , have gone through this heartache in our lives . My older brother died in 1960 a day after his 18th birthday (kidney desease) and two years later my younger brother at 18 months old in 1962(pneumonia) . I was 12 and 14 years old at the time so I really never really comprehened what was going on . Lost my Mom in 2005 with cancer and then my Dad in 2007 . God blessed me with three kids and five grandchildren and I am sure it is His way of helping me cope now as I think about my family Everyday of my life . Sorry , I didn't want to stear away from your thread . My heart felt prayers are with this family as they are experiencing this grief and heartache . Mason , my friend , I know what you are going through . It may not seem to help but believe me , knowing that my friends , including here , are there for me and sharing our grief really helps .

God Bless you my friend ,

Rich

Curtis P40
December 27th, 2009, 05:03
This brings back so many memory's. I lost my mom when I was seven to cancer.
My prayers for her, her family, and her daughters.
Curt

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 05:25
Thanks men.... I do know that the family appreciated your prayers and well wishes...

@Rich..You stole nothing from my post..it is friends such as you, with your experiences, that help others understand that the world, and ourselves does go on after...

@ Cazzie...I have searched for those words often, and never could put the setiment across as you did..Thanks

@ cheezy and mariereid..... Thank you kindly again for your thoughts and prayers....

@ CurtisP40.. Thank you...Wow...What a young age you were for that...

Cloud9Gal
December 27th, 2009, 05:44
Harleyman~ Remain strong in your Faith. I am very saddened by this update. At this point, I pray God will be merciful and end all her sufferings soon.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Blessings,

N2056
December 27th, 2009, 09:05
My thoughts & prayers continue to be with this special family. Given the situation I find that I am focused on the kids now. They need great strength of spirit at this time, and sadly it would seem they will need even more for what is ahead. I lost my Mom a couple of years ago to a sudden heart attack. I never even got a chance to say goodbye. In some ways I think it was a good thing in that we were spared the pain of anticipation, and watching a loved one suffer.

Lord, please be with this family during a difficult period. Bring peace to the Mother and reach out your hand to her. Remove all of the pain & suffering both physical & mental not only for her, but for all who suffer from or are affected by this terrible disease. Give the family the knowledge that she will always be with them no matter the situation, and ease their sadness. Thank you Lord, Amen

harleyman
December 27th, 2009, 10:47
My thoughts & prayers continue to be with this special family. Given the situation I find that I am focused on the kids now. They need great strength of spirit at this time, and sadly it would seem they will need even more for what is ahead. I lost my Mom a couple of years ago to a sudden heart attack. I never even got a chance to say goodbye. In some ways I think it was a good thing in that we were spared the pain of anticipation, and watching a loved one suffer.

Lord, please be with this family during a difficult period. Bring peace to the Mother and reach out your hand to her. Remove all of the pain & suffering both physical & mental not only for her, but for all who suffer from or are affected by this terrible disease. Give the family the knowledge that she will always be with them no matter the situation, and ease their sadness. Thank you Lord, Amen

Thank you Robert...

cheezyflier
December 27th, 2009, 12:16
" The hardest thing the human body will ever do is die " These words have haunted me since that day....

as i watch my mom lay dying on the bed, she was out because of all the morphine, i knew she would not wake up. 3 of my bros, and my 4 sisters were there, as well as grandchildren, to be with her when she passed. i got this thought in my head. i know it might be a little silly but i couldn't help it. i remembered bein a little guy, up in a tree and i couldn't get down. i was hangin from the branch and i was afraid to let go. all my buddies said "just let go so you can go home"

i wonder if it was like that for my mom, a little bit. she needed to just let go so she could go home. you post made me remember that. i hope that made some sense.

Snuffy
December 27th, 2009, 14:36
I had an Aunt (my father's sister) who lived with us while she was fighting cancer. It was never a pretty sight. Aunt Emma was a beautiful woman and its never without a tear that I can talk to my cousins, (her daughters) about her.

The sad part is that for all her beauty, the only physical mental images I have of her is completely bald with no wigs. Still an angel of a woman.

She left us many years ago, I was yet in my early teens when she left, but the time she spent with my family while we took care of her are some of the fondest I have.

Live and let live. There is a time coming, soon, when all the pains of mankind will be a thing of the past.

:engel016:

TomSteber
December 27th, 2009, 14:49
Their still in our prayers here Mason.

harleyman
December 28th, 2009, 16:16
Thanks Tom and everyone else.....

harleyman
December 29th, 2009, 16:05
Well last night , calmy in her sleep the cancer overcame her and she went with the hand of God....

Such a waste, such a lovely lady, such sadness for her family and friends.

I am thankful for all of you that have openly prayed for them..

I am thankful that her suffering has now gone, and she walks now with Angles!

Rest in Peace Amy...:engel016:

N2056
December 29th, 2009, 16:17
For what it is worth, I was told back when I had just lost my Mom (by a member here) to remember that Moms get a special place in Heaven. :engel016:

My thoughts & prayers now go out to the family. How sad...:frown:

brad kaste
December 29th, 2009, 16:22
My thoughts and prayers are with you Harleyman.
God Bless,
-Brad

Dain Arns
December 29th, 2009, 16:37
My condolences to you and your family.
Remember, she has eternal life now and is walking streets of gold.
It is sad to lose the connection to her here on Earth, but one day you'll all be together again! :engel016:

Chacha
December 29th, 2009, 17:11
My condolences to you and your family.
Remember, she has eternal life now and is walking streets of gold.
It is sad to lose the connection to her here on Earth, but one day you'll all be together again! :engel016:

Dain,

I always love to read your post!

I agree with you...

One of these days, you will see her again on the streets of gold and the gates of pearl! :engel016:

OBIO
December 29th, 2009, 17:18
Harleyman

Please pass my condolences on to the family...I know them not, but I shed a tear when I read that their beloved lady has gone from this world. Her suffering is now over, and she shall suffer no more.

OBIO

Lionheart
December 29th, 2009, 18:05
I had heard about this earlier today. It really hit hard. I was hoping she would make it through this.

Her pain is gone.. Thank you God.

Mason, you are an awesome soul to help that family out like that. It could have been much much much worse. You are awesome man...

:medals:

I pray the family endures this rough time. Horrible to lose a loved one....

Bill

Paul Anderson
December 29th, 2009, 18:27
My prayers are with you, visited my folks 2 days ago at the retirment home. Dad 91, mom 90 - looks like last stop on voyage through life. Perhaps they can say hello to each other on the other side.

N2056
December 29th, 2009, 18:43
Mason, you are an awesome soul to help that family out like that. It could have been much much much worse. You are awesome man... Bill

Indeed...what he did was a most noble act. Good to see someone care this much for his fellow man! :medals:

cheezyflier
December 29th, 2009, 19:00
R.I.P. my condolences to the loved ones left behind.

TomSteber
December 29th, 2009, 19:23
Glad to hear that it was a more peaceful passing (in her sleep).
We'll continue praying for the family through this difficult time.
I was really praying that she would hang on until Christmas had past.
Hopefully her family can feel good knowing that she isn't suffering anymore.
Ans yes I agree with the others Mason, you are a good man.

Marlin
December 29th, 2009, 20:23
May God be at your side; your families side for FOREVER.

mrogers
December 29th, 2009, 21:20
How sad...my deepest condolences Harleyman. she is not suffering anymore and is free of pain. As Dain said, she's now walking the streets of gold in Heaven!
My father passed away nearly one year ago, I still feel the loss often and think of him. But I know thats he's walking those streets of gold too, and I know that one day when my time comes,we'll meet again and I'll be walking those streets of gold too and marvelling at the awesome sights of Heaven.

OleBoy
December 29th, 2009, 22:19
Harleyman

Reading this thread was hard. Not only because a loved one that is/was close to you has to succumb to what was laid forth, but because reading and relating to it all is heart wrenching.

I lost my grandfather in 1988 to a heart attack. He was at the hospital at the time, scheduled to have bypass surgery. He was fit like a lion. I really feel the stress related, all the thoughts in his head was the thief of his will.

In 1990 my father died after a long bout of colon cancer. My dad was a strong willed man. Rarely ever did I see him give in. After two years in the fight with cancer, he was too tired to fight anymore. I miss my dad more than ever. But I always know he's around. Guiding me to my decisions.

In 1993 my grandmother died. I think mostly of old age. And, she missed not having her husband and my grandpa around. She lived a very full and enriched life. With many friends & family always around.

In 2003 I lost my mother. I was at a funeral of a friends mother on that day. My cell phone rang. It was my sister. She told me that she'd found my mother on the livingroom floor, passed away.

Harleyman,

From the second I started reading this topic I was all choked up. That knot in your stomach kinda feeling. It's hard..I know. It's hard for anyone to endure the pain of a lost loved one. The more I read down the thread, the better I felt after reading the kindness, the wisdom, the caring and concerns of those above. Amy's in good hands. Again she walks with her head high and proud, with a smile on her face that tells everyone she is happy once again.

Please pass something on to those close to her;

Sob for she is missed. Sob for she is loved. Cry out loud for Amy is free of the pain and agony so long felt. Smile in remembrance for the many good times and memories of times past. Laugh in joy with a tear in your eye. Smile because Amy is free.

Amy and her family are all in good hands

May she rest in peace...

harleyman
December 30th, 2009, 00:31
Thanks again for all your support and well wishes for this family..

It came as no real shock to them, Hospice was there that night and felt she may be around longer, but that was thankfully not to be ,for she was suffering more and more...
It was a blessing that she went quietly in the night..

I spoke with Amys Husband last night(our member) and although he is extremely sad and lost feeling, I think he will emerge from this ..

I have not heard from the daughters, other than the phone call to inform me of this..

They are with their respected loved ones, I'm sure getting the help and support they need.

Again, Thanks..

OldBoy..I will pass that on..Thanks

Snuffy
December 30th, 2009, 03:32
Mason,

Let me pass a little song to you that you might want to share with the family.

yYHT-TF4KO4

harleyman
December 30th, 2009, 05:03
Thanks for that Ted...I have never seen that before, and it stsrts with Amy too...

I will pass this on when the time is right...

jmig
December 30th, 2009, 05:22
May she rest in peace and may the hand of God comfort you'll.

Cloud9Gal
December 30th, 2009, 06:58
Amy has finally met her Maker~ Bless her soul!

I pray for the family- may they remain strong in their Faith.

Rest in Peace Amy~ http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Sad/flower-004.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Sad-Smileys.html)

safn1949
December 30th, 2009, 07:55
Many tears.....please tell everyone I continue to pray for them.

Bjoern
December 30th, 2009, 14:58
Condolences and RIP.

Tom Clayton
December 30th, 2009, 15:05
My condolences as well, Mason. Let the family know that my prayers are with them (and you) as well.

harleyman
December 30th, 2009, 15:36
Thanks lots again..

The daughter has a link to this thread, and I tell her from time to time that its been updated..

She appreciates all the warm heart felt replies , and thanks everyone for their prayers an kind words..:engel016:

And so do I....

RyanJames170
December 30th, 2009, 21:05
:( i am going to say i hope that she is enjoying her time up there and is meeting loved ones she has not see in a while. for her family my condolences go out to you.

for the daughter, think of the good times you had with your mom and remember that she will always be in your hart as long as you live

harleyman
December 31st, 2009, 17:04
And my buddy , our very own Txnetcop has posted bad news too... I hope its not what i think too..

My prayers go out to Ted and Donna during this most difficult time too...Man oh Man.... I love you guys, and as always are in my thoughts and prayers..

tonybones2112
December 31st, 2009, 22:35
Harleyman

Please pass my condolences on to the family...I know them not, but I shed a tear when I read that their beloved lady has gone from this world. Her suffering is now over, and she shall suffer no more.

OBIO

Oby, it's a whole lot easier for me to sit here and say this than it is for many of you to sit there and read it, but the suferings of the present time are not to be compared with the glory that will be revealed in us. We see now through a glass darkly but then face to face. I've been thrown out of forums for saying that, this flightsim forum has become home to me because you all are real people. I prepared 3015 people for burial, and saw and heard and felt 3015 cries and looks of grief. My condolences to the family of this woman.

Tony Bones

harleyman
January 2nd, 2010, 03:44
The service for Amy will be today at 2:00 PM .

Followed by one next week in Mass. where Amy is from.

It will be a long week ahead for this family.

"Lord, please give this deserving family the strength to endure these uneasy times, help them to find understanding, compassion, and peace"

I ask this in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, My savior. Amen

Curtis P40
January 2nd, 2010, 05:31
Amen

cheezyflier
January 2nd, 2010, 09:06
amen

Lionheart
January 2nd, 2010, 11:54
"Lord, please give this deserving family the strength to endure these uneasy times, help them to find understanding, compassion, and peace"

I ask this in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, My savior. Amen

Amen.

warchild
January 2nd, 2010, 12:52
I dont really have a right to say anything because i'm not really an accepted part of this family. I'm not called friend by anyone here except smudge, but two an one half years ago, i watched my sister die of cancer, leaving me the soul survivor of the family. She'd battled with lung cancer for seven years, but in the end, it was a tumor in her brain that took her.
At first, the pain was incredible, but as time went by, i began to notice things happening in my life, for which there was no explanation. The perfect apartment came along, and a new vehicle that was good and solid and able to take on the oregon winters up here in the mountains. Then, this christmas, my rent was somehow mysteriously paid in full. I know she is watching over me. i know this as well as i know the earth turns. But she's out of pain, in a much better place. She's gone back to be with the rest of the family, a place i'm not too awfully long for myself. I miss her, just like you'll miss your mom, but it's only because, i cant see her. I know she's there, just as i know your mom will always be there too.. Even if thats hard to believe right now, just watch, and you'll see. Only the body stops, the spirit remains eternal. Watch for her, listen for her. She'll be there when you need her. Keep the faith.
always.
Pam

harleyman
January 2nd, 2010, 15:19
Pam...I call you friend..Even though we don't know each other...We have the same intrests in flight sims...That makes us good friends...

harleyman
January 2nd, 2010, 15:29
I just returned from the service..It was cold, but the service was wonderful, and Amy had so many friends that loved and cherished her ...

Her two daughters both side by side went to the pulpit, and did just an outstanding job of reliving memories of their wonderful mom..I was so proud of them both...... It was avery special day for me there...

I hope the family does not mind if I share Amy with all of you..She was a beautiful young woman,,, with a love of life second to none..God took her at the age of 58.... She will be horriably missed by us all...

I decided not to post her pic, till the family says its alright to share her..But ,trust me, she was a beautiful woman...

chicken2690
January 2nd, 2010, 16:14
I found this thread tonight after my daughters told me that there were flowers at the service from friends on this site. I read through the thread and want you to know how special this site has been to me for a few years. I would never have become so close to Mason. He has helped me in simming and now in coping with the passing of my wife. All your thoughts and prayers are so appreciated. My heart goes out to all of you who have faced similar times. My emotions range from relief that Amy no longer suffers, to despair that we don't have her here to love in person.

My special thanks to Mason for all he has done for my family. May God continue to bless us all.

harleyman
January 2nd, 2010, 16:56
Don, thank you sir... But it is your family that has done so much for me....

I am happy to call you friend .

We will all miss Amy....

Lionheart
January 2nd, 2010, 17:40
Don,

I am so sorry. We have been praying for her for a while now. It was devastating for me to find out that she had went. Thank the Lord that she made it well into Christmas.

May she rest in peace, and may you and your daughters endure the loss of such a loved one.

As Jesus would say concerning death, she is resting.

Bill

Chacha
January 2nd, 2010, 20:50

Rest In Peace, Amy!

Rest In Peace!

You are in our prayers, Don and Family! :engel016:

HouseHobbit
January 3rd, 2010, 15:13
I wish to express my deep sorrow for your families loss..May Our Lord strengthen and comfort each of you..
May God Bless You..

hey_moe
January 3rd, 2010, 16:12
It is heart breaking to read something like this...Mike

harleyman
January 5th, 2010, 15:28
bumping ..The pic is on page one, in the first post..

maybe I should have put it in its own thread or something...:isadizzy:

Snuffy
January 5th, 2010, 16:17
Thanks for sharing! :engel016:

Cloud9Gal
January 5th, 2010, 17:52
Such a beautiful soul.....http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12270.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

Don- thanks for sharing a little bit of Amy with us! Remain strong in your Faith!

Harley-thanks for taking the time to post Amy's picture. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug012.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

jmig
January 5th, 2010, 18:24
I echo C9Gs post. She said it much more beautifully than I could.

Mason, you are a good man.