PDA

View Full Version : Ok,Ok.....

gedm
October 31st, 2008, 14:56
With all this talk of new campaigns...

Rami urged me to do this months ago, so here goes..

I did a New Guinea Ki-61 campaign some time ago and I would say it is semi (quasi) historical. It covers the arrival of the type in theatre on April 4th 1943 and goes through 25 missions ending August 15 1943.

I would like to release it but as of yet it hasnt been beta tested and I was wondering if anyone would like to give it a shot.

And if a seasoned campaigner is interested to help polish it up. I would be more than happy making it a joint project.

Please drop me a PM if there is an interest.

Cheers

gedm

olaf1924
November 2nd, 2008, 10:43
I need help in finding the file named mz-61-sgt Ivao Tabata.

jon0804
November 2nd, 2008, 10:54
I worked on a few capaigns to detect and fix bugs. Would be glad to help. Just forward a zip file.:running:

green541@aol.com

gedm
November 2nd, 2008, 11:47
Olaf, I guess the devil is in the details and in this case the read me.

Here are the skins package that that refers to, it's a couple Morton did for Akemi's Ki-61 but you can use pretty much whatever skin you want since their arent any New Guinea skins for the new Akemi Ki-61.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Morton&ammm=15&pap=5#download

Also you can use mortons mission/campaign utility to change in or out any a.c. or ships that you may need to replace.

Cheers!

xavierb
November 2nd, 2008, 11:58
That great plane needed a campaign, indeed. Thanks, gedm!

gedm
November 2nd, 2008, 12:16
Xavierb, but me thinks I made a mess out of the meager readme I gave Olaf so lets hope he doesnt pull his hair out and then cuss me out! :banghead::costumes:

If this one proves to be fit for public consumption I'm about finished with a little RAF affair in Burma in 42 based on Chris Shores Bloody Shambles series.

olaf1924
November 2nd, 2008, 17:42
I installed all the aircraft and scenery after around four hours of searching for planes and skins. The first mission I flew worked great. I damaged a p-38 and then I was engaged by a couple of lightings and had to bail out after having my rudder damaged. I think the download instuctions need more info of where to find the skins. I enjoyed the mission now on to the second one.:ernae:

Rami
November 2nd, 2008, 18:20
Gedm,

Your work is amazing. I'm glad to see that the Pacific is getting some much needed attention. :ernae:

gedm
November 2nd, 2008, 21:47
Thanks buddy, but lets see how Olaf fares before I start popping beer caps. :costumes:
As for the pacific, I always thought it was a crying shame that no one has taken advantage of all those beautiful bases that Masked Rider and Xavier have made for us so I hope I can do them justice. :ernae:

And Olaf, I'm happy to see you got it up and running, I really need to work on that readme thingie before release...:redf:

olaf1924
November 3rd, 2008, 07:57
My question is what skin should I use for the p-40n? I used a burma 43 skin for the oscar,not sure if this was right or not.:wavey:

olaf1924
November 3rd, 2008, 08:33
I also need the skin for the kittyhawk mkIII. The simviation download did not work for me. If someone could email me the file found on page 41 over at simviation that would be great.:wavey:

gedm
November 3rd, 2008, 12:24
Olaf, I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll send you the needed skins, at about 1900hrs.

Thanks for persevering :ernae:

xavierb
November 3rd, 2008, 13:56
gedm, my idea of building all these airbases in Burma (some very little known as the satellite strips near Rangoon that were used by the RAF just before the Japanese captured them) was due to ... Bloody Shambles! If you look at the map of Burmese airbases in volume 1 you will find that all have been already built in my scenery... So finally these airbases will have the campaign for which they were built. Nice!

olaf1924
November 3rd, 2008, 20:18
I need help in finding jp_tower1 for a mission.

gedm
November 3rd, 2008, 20:29
I also need the skin for the kittyhawk mkIII. The simviation download did not work for me. If someone could email me the file found on page 41 over at simviation that would be great.:wavey:

On it's way Olaf and a little extra through "Send this file". :ernae:

Xavierb, I had no idea Bloody Shambles was an influence with your bases, kind of an odd coincidence! And excellent series of books I might add, I had intended to stay in Burma due to reading vol. three first, but in currently reading vol. one, I'm kickin around a buffalo campaign set during the invasion of the Malay Penninsula. But then again I'm just starting on the invasion of the Philippines.
Also, if I do stay in Burma, I'd like to do a campaign on the 1st air commando's. That group had a lot of first's in thier operations like the first airborne glider snatch in combat,first double tow of gliders into a combat zone, first helicopter operations, first helicopter combat rescue, first gunship deployment and the first bazooka rockets fired against an enemy. Needless to say the Shambles series do provide a huge amount of campaign possiblities.

And thank you again for making such stellar bases.

Oh yea one last thing...I'm sorry to report in the Burma campaign, the Japanese have already captured your Burma bases but we are flying from your Indian bases with the intent of getting them back!

Salute :ernae:

gedm

xavierb
November 3rd, 2008, 23:04
No problem... just build another campaign from the Jap side:-)

hewman100
November 4th, 2008, 02:56
The third and final volume is either just out or out soon. All of the aviation titles that Christopher Shores has had a hand in are worth reading IMHO.

Great work gedm. Looking forward to giving her a whirl.:ernae:

xavierb
November 4th, 2008, 12:46
It is out since a few months ago and covers the Burma campaign from mid-1942 to the end of the war. I purchased it in London on December.

The third and final volume is either just out or out soon. All of the aviation titles that Christopher Shores has had a hand in are worth reading IMHO.

Great work gedm. Looking forward to giving her a whirl.:ernae: