PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong with this picture?

cheezyflier
December 24th, 2009, 07:36
yes, it is an intentional play on words.
i love jackie chan's work. i love will smith's work.
but this is all wrong

JvHEm4-QB2o

Chacha
December 24th, 2009, 07:58
yes, it is an intentional play on words.
i love jackie chan's work. i love will smith's work.
but this is all wrong

JvHEm4-QB2o

Why (the) Karate Kid?

Why not Taek Wan Doeh Kid?

We did have Karate Kid, then KK2...etc...

Now the title is THE Karate Kid ... :pop4:

I noticed in the Asian Movies.... they have the same title, but the article before the title makes the movie different... so if I am searching for Shaolin Master, "The Shaolin Master" and "A Shaolin Master" are three different Movies... that is just an example, I just used Shaolin Master as an example...

I don't know if that's what you mean, Cheezy..:pop4:

tigisfat
December 24th, 2009, 13:37
I don't get it either. Will Smith's son and Jackie Chan. What's wrong? I'm sorry if I'm beign thick, but can you spell it out for me?

OBIO
December 24th, 2009, 13:45
This is actually a movie that I am looking forward to seeing. From what I have read, Jaden Smith spent several months in China studying martial arts and is fluent in Mandarin (the language/dialect...as is his younger sister...who unfortunately looks just like the fish version of Will Smith in the animated movie Shark Tale....poor kid). Jackie Chan advised Mr. and Mrs. Smith that Jaden really should move to China and continue his martial arts studies as he has a natural ease for the art and could become quite a master of the form.

OBIO

cheezyflier
December 24th, 2009, 18:15
mr. miyagi was japanese.
he lived on okinawa.
he taught karate.

jackie chan is chinese
he is in china
he's teaching wushu (kung fu)

it's all wrong. why does hollywood hate japan? so many films that should feature japanese actors substitute chinese actors instead. another recent example, "memoirs of a geisha" no japanese actresses played geisha. not one!!! this is becoming more common all the time. it's wrong. some of us actually know the difference.

OBIO
December 24th, 2009, 19:24
It gets worse...the only way Asian/Oriental actors are given leading rolls in films is if they are action/martial arts films. When was the last time you have seen a movie with an Asian/Oriental as the key character when the movie was not action or martial arts themed. Joy Luck Club, perhaps.

OBIO

cheezyflier
December 24th, 2009, 19:37
i hadn't really thought of that, you're right of course. i watch alot of asian cinema, probably more than hollywood stuff. maybe that's why i didn't really notice it.

tigisfat
December 24th, 2009, 20:03
another recent example, "memoirs of a geisha" no japanese actresses played geisha. .

That was a garbage chick flick about glorified hookers anyway.