PDA

View Full Version : 'Montoya: NASCAR's Next Superstar?'

Panther_99FS
December 24th, 2009, 07:19
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-montoya-nascars-next-superstar/

"More to the point, perhaps, he did with Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, a team that was formed from a merger last year between Chip Ganassi’s organization and Dale Earnhardt Inc. And EGR has a fraction of the resources of the powerhouse teams like Hendrick Motorsports and Roush Fenway Racing."

EasyEd
December 24th, 2009, 11:59
Hey All,

Merry Christmas Panther! That probably made your day.

Getting back to reality though - next year will be telling. Was Montoya good because powerhouses Roush and RCR were bad and Gibbs inconsistent? Or was he real? Looks like RCR is back and maybe next year Roush will be too. Where will that put Ganassi/Earnhardt? We'll see.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
December 24th, 2009, 12:40
EasyEd,
Merry Christmas back at ya!

My take is that Montoya is the "real deal" since all the other EGR drivers pretty much sucked this year....

eddie
December 25th, 2009, 08:24
Unless Montoya learns to control his temper, he's not going to do as well as some think. He thinks that every time his car is bumped, it was done intentionally, and he wants to get even. He better get used to it, that happens in NASCAR all the time.

And when the other drivers know he has a hot temper, they'll bump him even more, just to set him off,lol Like a lot of other drivers, he gets to acting real stupid when he gets mad!!!!:bump:

Panther_99FS
December 25th, 2009, 08:37
Eddie,
I agree with you 100% about his temper - And hopefully he'll learn to control it like Tony Stewart ;)

That being said, I'll state again that compared to the rest of the EGR drivers, Montoya was in a class by himself in 2009....

Cazzie
December 25th, 2009, 09:52
Unless Montoya learns to control his temper, he's not going to do as well as some think. He thinks that every time his car is bumped, it was done intentionally, and he wants to get even. He better get used to it, that happens in NASCAR all the time.

And when the other drivers know he has a hot temper, they'll bump him even more, just to set him off,lol Like a lot of other drivers, he gets to acting real stupid when he gets mad!!!!:bump:

:icon_lol: Read Robbie Gordon and Jimmy Spencer, two extraordinary hot-heads. Robbie would probably have done better in NASCAR were it not for his attitude. The other guys knew it and played off of it.

Caz

Panther_99FS
December 25th, 2009, 11:55
:icon_lol: Read Robbie Gordon and Jimmy Spencer, two extraordinary hot-heads. Robbie would probably have done better in NASCAR were it not for his attitude. The other guys knew it and played off of it.

Caz

I forgot about Spencer's temper.....:icon_lol:

stansdds
December 26th, 2009, 11:01
Ill-controlled tempers have hampered many good drivers. We'll see what Montoya can do next year.

Panther_99FS
December 26th, 2009, 13:24
Ill-controlled tempers have hampered many good drivers. We'll see what Montoya can do next year.

Add Denny Hamlin to the list of ill-controlled tempers too

Robby Gordon is old enough to know better though...

eddie
December 26th, 2009, 13:59
Ha, that nonsense between Montoya and Stewart at Homestead was ignorant as heck!! Neither one accomplished anything but tear their cars up, and both of them know better too!

And Caz, when it comes to Robbie Gordon, I have one question that I can't get a good answer to. How in the heck does he keep that team going when he wrecks so many cars? He's a one man wrecking crew, and those cars are not cheap! He must have one heck of an imagination to keep coming up with excuses as to why he wrecks so many cars. With that kind of imagination, think how much money he could make as a writer of fairytales,lol

stansdds
December 27th, 2009, 02:58
Add Denny Hamlin to the list of ill-controlled tempers too

Robby Gordon is old enough to know better though...
Denny is very talented, but he lets his temper and his emotions cloud his judgment. It smacks of immaturity and I sincerely hope he outgrows it before next season.

Panther_99FS
December 27th, 2009, 07:18
Denny is very talented, but he lets his temper and his emotions cloud his judgment. It smacks of immaturity and I sincerely hope he outgrows it before next season.

Yes & the funny thing is that it's debateable that Hemlin's temper is worse than Kyle Busch's ever was....

stansdds
December 28th, 2009, 01:57
I wonder if part of the temper problem is the fact that the new drivers are generally teenagers when they enter cup racing or perhaps it is simply a reflection of their generation?

Panther_99FS
December 28th, 2009, 11:50
I wonder if part of the temper problem is the fact that the new drivers are generally teenagers when they enter cup racing or perhaps it is simply a reflection of their generation?

Personally,
I think it's a generation thing....:kilroy: