PDA

View Full Version : Fairey Firefly MK5

Morton
December 24th, 2009, 06:20
A Fairey Firefly MK5 can now be downloaded. It's A.F. Scrub's FSX/FS2004 Firefly MK5 which I reworked for CFS2 with 4 new textures. Thanks A.F. for your patience with all my MDL/texturemapping requests.

Merry Christmas to all!
Morton :santahat:

Rami
December 24th, 2009, 06:33
Thanks, Morton! :ernae:

Jagdflieger
December 24th, 2009, 07:06
Thank you Morton!

mariereid
December 24th, 2009, 08:35
VERY NICE! Nice to see a couple of Crazy Canuks! Thank you!:applause:

dsawan
December 24th, 2009, 09:10
Hey, Morton. Nice wor and this model with skins is probably sharpest yet. thx again.:icon_lol:

Morton
December 24th, 2009, 09:24
..this model with skins is probably sharpest yet. thx again

I think so too dsawan. But I know another Firefly is in work for release in 2010..

Mort

Jagdflieger
December 24th, 2009, 12:34
Up and ready to download.

Just in time for Christmas Eve.

Rockster234
December 24th, 2009, 21:10
Look so real......I had to take a run against the Tirpitz

great job ........again by morton..........textures are a major chore in itself when making a aircraft package...........

Especially the copper housing on the radar dome..............I can smell the patina........

Rockster234
December 24th, 2009, 21:13
I wanted to return after a shot at the Tirpitz.......with a historic trap (well sort of).............

Merry Christmas.........I need to get to bed before Santa shows up...........

Something to browse ........when you sneak up/down to the computer and need to get away during christmas day family overload.....

Morton
December 25th, 2009, 01:04
Rockster234, nice action !!

Morton :santahat:

gavinc
December 25th, 2009, 06:12
Looks Great Morton,
Looking forward to getting back to my system to give it a spin.

OT - Is that sweet little pup (in your avatar) yours?

Gavin

dsawan
December 25th, 2009, 07:44
Nice pics rockster! t:applause:his plane rocks!

Morton
December 25th, 2009, 15:09
Is that sweet little pup (in your avatar) yours?

It's Hermes, my 7 month old Whippet. Allready running rings around most beeings.. :mixedsmi:

Morton

Ravenna
December 25th, 2009, 16:07
Those look great Morton. I really love the RAN skin fir HMAS Sydney!
:ernae:

flying_spud
December 26th, 2009, 02:48
That's awesome! :applause:

gavinc
December 26th, 2009, 05:08
It's Hermes, my 7 month old Whippet. Allready running rings around most beeings.. :mixedsmi:

Morton
7 months is a great age. I have had a number of whippets over the years currently have an 18 month male (big soft goof) and a little 3 yr old female who rules the house with an iron paw.

Have fun with him/her
Gavin

Jagdflieger
December 26th, 2009, 08:05
A fine looking dog Morton.

Given the festive mood of the Holidays, I guess we can digress from the topic of Fireflies for a bit and honor the dogs in our lives. Never a better or more faithful companion than a good dog. To paraphrase Will Rogers, "If dogs don't go to heaven, then when I die, I want to go where the dogs go."

I've never seen a Whippet that I know of, but I think that it's an English breed renown for its speed. I know that there was a British tank in the Great War called a "Whippet."

Here's my speedster, Flitzer the Brittany. Probably the finest bird dog that I've had the honor of hunting over.

Jagdflieger
December 26th, 2009, 08:12
Oh, yes... back to Fireflies.

She's a sweet ride Morton.

Morton
December 26th, 2009, 09:05
Pretty dog Jagd! Yes, Whippets looks like a mini Greyhound, and is almost as fast. But I dont think their any good for bird hunting :d. But they are fantastic familiy dogs and tour companions.

(I wanted to name him Spitfire, but my wife vetoed it..:icon_lol:)

Mort

sc7500
December 26th, 2009, 12:25
...(I wanted to name him Spitfire, but my wife vetoed it..)...

With his BEAUTIFUL coloring, I might have named that pup Kahlua, Morton....

But then, ALL my dogs have oddly-crafted names...
SC

Morton
December 26th, 2009, 14:26
With his BEAUTIFUL coloring, I might have named that pup Kahlua, Morton....
But then, ALL my dogs have oddly-crafted names...
SC

:p: Mort

gavinc
December 27th, 2009, 00:18
Since I pretty effectively hijacked this thread:redf: I might as well show you my 2. Oscar is the solid coloured male and Bria is the little brindle female.

Don't know about them not be good bird hunters, Oscar surprised a pigeon in the woods the other week. Didn't manage to kill it but gave it a darn good scare.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Firefly

PomBee
December 27th, 2009, 00:51
Beautiful job, as we have come to expect from you, Morton. Well done.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

OBIO
December 27th, 2009, 09:04
Morton

The skins you did for the Firefly are STUNNING as usual....the weathering on them is worthy of display in a fine arts gallery. It takes a certain finesse to get weathering to look right...you have that finesse in abundance.

Your Whippet sure is a handsome pooch. I haven't owned a Whippet, but have been around a few of them. A lady I once knew had 3 of them....very loving, gentle dogs. And fast and agile as could be....and they could jump and climb. Two of them liked taking naps of top of the refrigerator...no idea why, but they could be found snoozing away up there three or four times a day.

OBIO

Morton
December 27th, 2009, 13:51
Gavinc, before Rami deport us to some dog forum I had to say I love that picture, so typically Whippets..:medals: in the couch on a blanket.

Obio, thanks, but as stated in the readme file, with these Fireflies I owe most of the basic artwork to "Nightshifter", an IL-2 artist. Patience and a steady hand did the rest.

Mort :ernae: