PDA

View Full Version : Which P-51 is your favorite?

moonbutter2
December 22nd, 2009, 09:58
I was just wondering what you guys thought. You how you just start looking through files and get stucking on a certain plane. I am hung up on the P-51 right now. I think I have been avoiding it because I feel it is hands down the best plane of WWII and it wouldn't be challenging to fly it up agains anything else out there. ;-)

Ryan

Typhoon Willy
December 22nd, 2009, 10:07
Hi MB2,

For the B/C model, I like the Sim-Outhouse donationware plane, and the D, Alphasim's freeware is pretty nice. Although it is an older model, I still enjoy Flight 1's P-51D from the payware Double Trouble set.

TW

Wulf190
December 22nd, 2009, 12:54
I use Andre Acwai's D model. I don't care much for how the nose is rendered, but other then that I like it.

As for the B and C models. I use FDG2's B and their Malcolm hood model with a gun port patch Gramps released for CFS2. I do get really weird flickering in the VC with that plane, and where the tail wheel is you can see straight through both models, but other then that I love um.

Devildog73
December 22nd, 2009, 13:55
I for my Tuskegee Airmen campaigns I used the VB P-51B/C. I just like the flight dynamics of it.

I can't recall right now which I used for the D model. Rami has those last missions. I lost them in a computer rebuild. I actually had to download my own work from here on the outhouse to rebuild the first three campaigns.......:isadizzy: