PDA

View Full Version : Yuletide Greetings

Tako_Kichi
December 21st, 2009, 08:10
Today is the Winter Solstice and I wish all the best for my fellow SOHers at this turning point in the year.

This is a far more important day for me than the make believe events that allegedly took place a couple of thousand years ago. The long nights will start drawing back and the warmth of spring and summer will eventually return.

I don't have a real fireplace so can't burn a Yule Log and will have to content myself with watching the flames licking around the fake logs in my gas fireplace instead. ;)

Happy Yuletide to one and all!

GT182
December 21st, 2009, 10:31
Merry Christmas Larry. Hope it's not as cold for you guys up there this year..... I sure don't miss it. I can remember 40 below back in '84 and it still gives me the chills.

And the days getting longer and warmer will be a blessing. I can't wait, so we get rid of this snow down here. 40s next week. ;)

Tako_Kichi
December 21st, 2009, 10:48
Thanks Gary. I know we have a lot of cold still to come but each day that passes brings Spring one day closer! ;)

harleyman
December 21st, 2009, 11:41
Thanks Larry

Merry Christmas to you and yours too...

Wing_Z
December 21st, 2009, 12:49
Kiwi Christmas season falls on the Summer Solstice!
But, ever optimistic:
Although this is when the sun's light reaches its maximum, it is but the threshold of summer. The crimson flowers of the pohutukawa fringe the coastline, dancing against the blue sea.
Merry Christmas!

Bjoern
December 21st, 2009, 15:08
Today is the Winter Solstice and I wish all the best for my fellow SOHers at this turning point in the year.

This is a far more important day for me than the make believe events that allegedly took place a couple of thousand years ago. The long nights will start drawing back and the warmth of spring and summer will eventually return.

I like you. :d

Been looking forward to this day ever since the days got annoyingly short.

So all the best to you too, Larry!

cheezyflier
December 21st, 2009, 19:36
This is a far more important day for me than the make believe events that allegedly took place a couple of thousand years ago.

not everyone considers it make believe, and there is in fact, physical evidence to suggest that it's not as make believe as people might wish it to be.

strega13
December 21st, 2009, 21:08
happy yule .
i bet the weather up in ontario is perfect to enjoy a good cup of mead or mold wine :ernae: .

Quixoticish
December 22nd, 2009, 00:17
Yule greetings to you, have a great holiday. It's great to see people remembering the original meaning of the season.

Piglet
December 22nd, 2009, 00:31
:ernae::ernae:
I always called the Winter Equinox,(and Summer Solstace)
Well, live and learn...

Henry
December 22nd, 2009, 05:45
Appy olidays
to all:guinness:
H

smilo
December 22nd, 2009, 08:09
I too, am a bit of a Druid.
as far as I'm concerned,
the Winter Solstice IS...
the end of the old year and the beginning of the new one.
if the Earth's orbit doesn't make the turn,
we are going to be some mighty cold puppies.

Happy New Year, Everyone.

as for the religious debate,
I refuse to be drawn into it.
suffice to say, I am of the opinion that
Live and Let Live
is the way to go.

Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings
One and All