PDA

View Full Version : AlphaSim PBY

Crusader
October 31st, 2008, 05:35
I recently ported over the AlphaSim PBY on a fresh reinstall of FSX . Does anyone remember the fix I believe in the panel config(?) that gets rid of the black rectangular strip that covers about one third of the botton of the screen ? AlphaSim no longer has their forum open so I thought I would ask here .

Rich:ernae:

Roger
October 31st, 2008, 05:37
Just remove the X,Y co-ordinates from the bottom of the panel.cfg

Crusader
October 31st, 2008, 05:53
AlphaSim's PBY works very well in FSX for a Non-true FSX model in my opinion. Thanks again for the quick response .

Rich:ernae:

Tako_Kichi
October 31st, 2008, 09:19
I used to fly it in FSX SP.1 but SP.2/Accel killed it completely for me. I had huge holes in the VC and in external view just the engines, a few cockpit bits and parts of the tail showed up. :isadizzy:

egypt23spitfire
January 31st, 2010, 21:04
I'M FLYING IT IN SP2 NO PROBS

........just what was needed was rogers x y fix:ernae:

,,,,,,flies well. looks good, cant even find any gauge probs as yet either:salute:

Taco
February 1st, 2010, 05:31
Just read this, and Wow followed up Roger post and bingo I have a PBY in FSX. Thanks Roger! :applause:By the way I am using acceleration.

egypt23spitfire
February 1st, 2010, 15:47
..Its Good, but too hard to COLD N DARK
SO i'm still gonna save up for the AEROSOFT:engel016:

mjrhealth
February 2nd, 2010, 01:11
Ooooh youll love the aerosft, can br fun to try start on cold days, and atch those engine temps. or you may become a glider.

scott967b
February 2nd, 2010, 13:36
Have you noticed any problem with fs9 ported flying boats in fsx sp2/accel? I ported the alphasim PBM over and it seems to have a much harder time getting up to take off speed, though I haven't really investigated enough to be sure, more of a quick impression.

scott s.

dharris
February 2nd, 2010, 13:59
When you get her down to 100 feet above the water, get up and get yourself a coffee, feed the dog, take out the trash, make dinner and then go back, she should be pretty near the water by then, she just does not want to leave the air, gotta love her. No problem with win xp pro sp3 accel or using win xp 64 bit