PDA

View Full Version : FSC8 + OZx scenery resolved

jeansy
December 19th, 2009, 20:19
hey guys

one of the biggest problems with oz x is that they didnt make afcads for 75% of the airfields that are in the packages :mad:

reasons behind that is so you have to explore, its a bit like hide and seek, well personally i never liked that game as a kid and sure as **** as ive got older my tolerance got a hellva lot shorter :mad:

well good news a guy has gone out and found all the airfields and tagged them

good news you now see them in fs commander, and to my surprise theres a heap i never knew that existed :eek:

all you have to do is download the file and place the bgls in your oz x scenery folder and run the fs commander database and you will see a heap of airfields that you can fly to this will also work with the gps gauge, this includes all seaplane bases and helipads

i havent tried the gps or starting location but its a tonne of help plus im finally seeing all the hard work people have done with the scenery

here is the file, http://figair.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,82/func,fileinfo/id,45/

if you dont have this i highly recommend it even though you dont have FSC8 :ernae:

Pips
December 19th, 2009, 21:51
What's FS commander database?

jeansy
December 19th, 2009, 22:00
if you remember fs nav from fs9, we this one does the same for both fs9 and fsx

otherwise if you dont or never heard of fsnav here is the link to FSC http://www.fscommander.com/

Pips
December 20th, 2009, 01:40
Cheers Matt. The links helpful as I never had FS9.

The 'go search and find' approach has always annoyed me too, so much so that I haven't bothered to use OzX for ages. This is going to be a great help. Cheers. :)

flaviossa
December 20th, 2009, 02:53
Wow!! Thatīs helped a lot!!
Thanks!

Penzoil3
December 20th, 2009, 03:01
Folks, if you go to the OzX forum, you can find posts with bgls all zipped up for download. Just drop them in your add on scenery folder, and the airports all show on the built in map, or the GPS.
LOL
Sue

bushpilot
December 20th, 2009, 03:25
Hey this is great.

I never really understood why they didn't include afcads with OZx. Including afcads wouldn't prevent you from exploring if you wanted to do so.:kilroy:

MCDesigns
December 20th, 2009, 06:09
Hey this is great.

I never really understood why they didn't include afcads with OZx. Including afcads wouldn't prevent you from exploring if you wanted to do so.:kilroy:
From what I gather it is the creators vision to have it done this way, kinda like how you envision how a painting or sculpture will look when you do one. Doing scenery uses an artistic eye just like creating anything else and this usually involves a "vision" of what you want the other people to see/experience.

this is why I get so p-off when I read posts about users wanting to disassemble a scenery BGL to take parts out of it. If you don't like it the way the author did it, make your own.

bushpilot
December 20th, 2009, 06:37
Doing scenery uses an artistic eye just like creating anything else and this usually involves a "vision" of what you want the other people to see/experience.

Meh.. i think it's more like making it user friendly by including afcads. I don't know how many hours I've spent slewing around Oz trying to check out all the different strips... but if the artistic vision is to make people slew around then it's okay:ernae:.

Dexdoggy
December 20th, 2009, 14:06
The strips that don't have the fields tagged is that in real life there are no VOR's or NDB's at these locations - they are just names (sometimes!) on a map!
It's very nice to have the choice, but at the moment I've been very happy trying to find them the VFR way! :applause:

jeansy
December 20th, 2009, 20:00
Folks, if you go to the OzX forum, you can find posts with bgls all zipped up for download. Just drop them in your add on scenery folder, and the airports all show on the built in map, or the GPS.
LOL
Sue

yep, thats where i got this file from sue

Pips
December 22nd, 2009, 22:05
Since downloading the BGL file from 'figair' I've been flying nothing but the elusive OzX airports. Without a doubt they are outstanding, my hat goes off to all the guys who so painstakingly developed them.

Which makes it all the harder to comprehend why a file such as the figair BGL wasn't released with the original airports. I'm sure very few of us have the skill, patience or (most likely) the time to track them down. It's such a waste. They deserve to be explored, by whatever means.

jeansy
December 22nd, 2009, 22:22
same pips , it makes a huge difference