PDA

View Full Version : Captain Sim C 130 Base Pack

Aircanuck
December 19th, 2009, 14:27
Good day everyone,

Purchased this ole girl today and its very nice indeed.

One quick observation is the trailing exhaust smoke appears to be missing on my herc ?? ... is there a tweak in the flt sim I'm not aware of that will remedy this ?

Cheers

Aircanuck :jump:

thisizma
December 19th, 2009, 14:33
Hit the "I" key.

wilycoyote4
December 19th, 2009, 14:36
Is there a keyboard key----perhaps "I" ---that is used to display smoke ----if you want it?

VCN-1
December 19th, 2009, 15:05
While in the VC hit the "A" key until you cycle back to the VC. The exhaust trails will be automatic after that. You don't need to hit the "I" key

VCN-1

thisizma
December 19th, 2009, 15:49
While in the VC hit the "A" key until you cycle back to the VC. The exhaust trails will be automatic after that. You don't need to hit the "I" key

VCN-1
HEY! Thanks for that! :applause:

Warrant
December 19th, 2009, 17:09
Have the Herc for a long time, and did many hours in it.
The smoke supposed to be automatic (as in by default), and even the "i" key does not let me turn it off.

Weird it does not appear with you?

Have you tried full throttle take off, then reduce power establish altitude at some 20k ft AP and see what the smoke does?

Normally i have smoke quite fast, as a reminder i have to reduce power a bit.

thisizma
December 19th, 2009, 17:51
Have the Herc for a long time, and did many hours in it.
The smoke supposed to be automatic (as in by default), and even the "i" key does not let me turn it off.

Weird it does not appear with you?

Have you tried full throttle take off, then reduce power establish altitude at some 20k ft AP and see what the smoke does?

Normally i have smoke quite fast, as a reminder i have to reduce power a bit.
I'm flying the C-130 right now and YOUR RIGHT! I never knew this. Man I love this place.

Aircanuck
December 19th, 2009, 18:58
Thank you all :applause: looks much better with the smoke !

I know I need to hit the books on this baby, but landing is a battle. Can somebody give me the coles notes version of a good landing ...... airspeed and flaps on approach etc !

Cheers

Aircanuck:kilroy:

Lateral-G
December 20th, 2009, 06:48
Can somebody give me the coles notes version of a good landing ...... airspeed and flaps on approach etc !

Here's what I do:

Downwind leg......150kts IAS Flaps 1/4

Base leg.............140 kts IAS Flaps 1/2

Final..................130 kts IAS Flaps full

Landing..............110 kts IAS

Do a search on AVSIM for this file:

c130e_takeoff_and_landing_speeds.zip

It should help you a lot...........

-G-

Aircanuck
December 20th, 2009, 08:10
Lateral-G,

Appreciate your help,

Every landing attempt I've made so far is satisfactory till I'm just over the fence and then all hell breaks loose.

She wants to slide and wallow all over the place to the point where I declare a go round and try again !!

And thats pretty much using the numbers your suggesting . Is there a step I'm missing IE Props or throttles movement - to fast ,to slow ??

Off to Avsim !

Cheers mate

Aircanuck

Lateral-G
December 20th, 2009, 08:13
Lateral-G,

Appreciate your help,

Every landing attempt I've made so far is satisfactory till I'm just over the fence and then all hell breaks loose.

She wants to slide and wallow all over the place to the point where I declare a go round and try again !!

And thats pretty much using the numbers your suggesting . Is there a step I'm missing IE Props or throttles movement - to fast ,to slow ??

Off to Avsim !

Aircanuck

Cheers mate

Aircanuck

Very strange. I've never had any controlability issues on landing. The Herc is one sweet landing plane.

If you're doing everything by the numbers then you shouldn't have any problem.

-G-

f-18hornet
December 20th, 2009, 08:42
I bought PRO version but I think it doesn't matter :icon_lol: how can I fire flares?