PDA

View Full Version : Brain Fade

sc7500
December 18th, 2009, 13:24
Alright, I'll admit it... My memory didn't come back 100% after that bout w/ the flu, and I need advice.

My PTO installation suddenly refuses to recognize ANY bomb loads, pilots, etc.... but a week ago, all was fine.

What do I need to swap in from my Unsullied Stock install to make it work again ?

SC
:kilroy:

Rockster234
December 18th, 2009, 13:29
I had the same problem when I installed major Gibraltar scenery...........

after you add area.....to scenery library

restart CFS2 helped some times............

if that doesn't work

move down all add-on scenery below weapons in scenery library..........

restart CFS2........

If that doesn't work.............

Never mind.......

Shessi
December 18th, 2009, 13:45
Hi SC7500,
Firstly find all the CDP (not DP) files in the PTO install and delete them, they will be recreated by the sim next time you fire it up.
Then search for and delete all the filelist.DAT files in your PTO install, again these will be re-created by the sim next time.

Try these first and see, if not then try below:-

Copy all your weapon bgls from your source SCENDB\wepons\scenery and place in your PTO version, also the textures from the same. Then copy all the DPs from your source OBJECTS_DP file and plce in the PTO.

This will make sure you have the default weapons installed and should show up. If not all you have tried all above let us know....

Cheers Shessi

mariereid
December 18th, 2009, 14:49
I have had a couple of problems that I fixed by deleting all the CDP files. A lesson that SW07 taught me. Get used to the brain fade sc7500, join the club.:ernae:

sc7500
December 18th, 2009, 15:20
Rockster234 / Shessi / mariereid ;

Tried all of the above, AND triple checked the MDL_names.dat file.... not working as planned. I even excluded all add-ons and tried it again - zip.

It's just the latest in a long series of challenges I've been having with CFS2 installs on this Dell Laptop. They work fine for a week or so, and then (suddenly) develop a major flaw like this. FRUSTRATING.

This is the main reason I've been unable to complete my evaluation of GavinC's Beta projects for the PTO... program instability. And YES, I run anti-virus and-malware software consistently.

Dang - guess I'll have to do a fresh install and give it another shot.

Thanks, all :icon29:
SC

Fibber
December 18th, 2009, 15:26
SC, welcome to the brain fart club!:icon_lol: This is just my 2cents but make sure that these items are not supposed to be in the Info folder or the Mdlnames.txt folder. I recall having the same problem some ways back and when I added to the Info folder all seemed to be forgiven.

sc7500
December 18th, 2009, 17:41
...SC, welcome to the brain fart club!:icon_lol: This is just my 2cents but make sure that these items are not supposed to be in the Info folder or the Mdlnames.txt folder. I recall having the same problem some ways back and when I added to the Info folder all seemed to be forgiven...

I dunno, Fibber - we're talking ALL weapons and accessories [bombs / racks / rockets / etc] not showing up - I can't recall EVER listing out those items in the INFO.Dat file before....

But, one never knows.

Still working on it - I'll report back.

Thanx again
SC

BFC Members All, eh ? LOL !

Devildog73
December 18th, 2009, 17:50
Vista or Windows 7 ????

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop and CFS2 runs flawlessly on it in XP. Windows 7 has some challenges, like losing MB files I build, and not letting me edit airplane config files without going through a goat rope.

bearcat241
December 18th, 2009, 17:59
Delete the indices in the main directory:

ICAO_INDEX
INDEX_FILE
LAT_INDEX
AIRWAY_INDEX
STR_INDEX
WAYPOINT_INDEX

and the filelist.dat's in the scenedb and scenery folders using the attached file. Its an auto-executing bat file that hunts and deletes all filelist.dat's in all CFS2 subfolders. Change the extention from *.txt to *.bat

Jean Bomber
December 18th, 2009, 18:05
........My PTO installation suddenly refuses to recognize ANY bomb loads, pilots, etc.... but a week ago, all was fine.
SC

Hi SC

Have you try to restore your system like it was a week ago ?

JP

sc7500
December 18th, 2009, 18:52
Wow - let's see:

- I use that Batch file whenever possible, BC. First thing I tried.
- It's an older Dell Inspiron 1525, running XP w/ SP3 and all the hot-cha-cha updates, DDog
- JB, I did a restore immediately after this failure occurred, just to see if it would help. Nope.

I dug back into my backup drive and replaced all the root info with original working backup files - nothing. I am gonna sleep on it before getting into any more trouble tonight.

No sense making this headache any worse, right ?

Thanks for the assist, gang - you always come thru !:icon29:
SC

Fibber
December 18th, 2009, 20:42
SC; found some old posts about something like this back around 2008. The problem then seemed to be a renaming of the CFG files to CGF by something in XP. Make sure that the files are .cfg and not a eyetrick and vice versa.

Just a thought, and time killing, while awaiting my pain killers to kck in so I can go to sleep. Had recent rotator cuff surgery to my second arm! Would love to find the SOB with that Voodoo doll who has put the bad mojo on me lately!

sc7500
December 19th, 2009, 07:50
...SC; found some old posts about something like this back around 2008. The problem then seemed to be a renaming of the CFG files to CGF by something in XP. Make sure that the files are .cfg and not a eyetrick and vice versa....

Just a thought, and time killing, while awaiting my pain killers to kick in so I can go to sleep. Had recent rotator cuff surgery to my second arm! Would love to find the SOB with that Voodoo doll who has put the bad mojo on me lately!

Well, THERE'S a thought that hadn't occurred to me ! An altered extension (and only SLIGHTLY altered) would certainly cause havoc ! Thanx, Fibber, I'll have a look first thing this morning.

Man, this whole "Gettin' sick/ doin' the hospital tango during the Holidays" thing has GOT to Stop, Guys ! Between Moe's hands, Fibber's Shoulder, and all the OTHER assorted maladies we're collectively generating, you'd think we were all gonna kick in the next 3 weeks.... lol !

Alright - here I go, off the soap box and back to Detective work - thanks again, All

SC

sc7500
December 19th, 2009, 17:32
Well, Fellow Basement Dwellers.... I got it running again.

Not sure EZZAKLY what did it, but here goes:

~ Replaced entire CFS2 installation with NEW Working stock install copy.
- Replaced qc_plane.qcb, MDLNames.txt and Descrip.dat and tested - Working for stock weapons, missing add-ins.
~ Replaced existing SceneDB\Weapons files with files from old non-functional game and tested - all works fine !

Now - I appreciate everyone's input to no end. I'd be even MORE appreciative if I knew what file(s) blew up and caused all this brain smoking...

Oh Well - Back to work !

Best to all :guinness:
SC