PDA

View Full Version : Very strange problem

jojohnson9
December 17th, 2009, 16:02
I have CH Products throttle, rudder pedals, and fighterstick installed. FSX crashed...not uncommon for sure. Now when I load FSX the fighterstick shows up as rudder pedals!!! All the switches work fine, but the axes do not function. When I go the controls section to set sensitivity and null, the fighterstick shows the same settings as the rudder pedals. It checks out okay when tested in the Game Controllers section of Control Panel.
I'm running FSX Acceleration SP2. Any ideas???

scottmm73
December 17th, 2009, 19:23
Have you unplugged all controllers and plugged them back in?

Navy Chief
December 17th, 2009, 21:07
I have CH Products throttle, rudder pedals, and fighterstick installed. FSX crashed...not uncommon for sure. Now when I load FSX the fighterstick shows up as rudder pedals!!! All the switches work fine, but the axes do not function. When I go the controls section to set sensitivity and null, the fighterstick shows the same settings as the rudder pedals. It checks out okay when tested in the Game Controllers section of Control Panel.
I'm running FSX Acceleration SP2. Any ideas???

You might want to run the CH Delete program to uninstall all the controllers. Then plug them back in, and run CH Control Manager......should work.

jojohnson9
December 18th, 2009, 06:15
Wow, sometimes I feel like such a stupid. When FSX crashed, it dropped all settings to all the controllers. This happens every couple of months and I have to spend a couple hours resetting them. But I have never had the "control axes" messed up like they were this time. Simple fix, of course. Go to: Options>Settings>Controls>Control Axes and correct the axes assignments.