PDA

View Full Version : AI flight planning tool

Tako_Kichi
December 16th, 2009, 16:23
I am in need of a decent FSX AI flight planning tool (preferably freeware) for a project I am currently working on. Does anyone know of such a beast. I am particularly interested in one that will allow you to add waypoints rather than being stuck going from airport to airport directly.

I have tried 'AI Flight Planner' and managed to get a test flight plan done a few weeks ago but tonight when I tried it I could not get it to work at all...no way, no how...I could add an AI aircraft but that's it....no airport data could be added and so I couldn't even start on a flight plan! :isadizzy:

Ideally the tool should be able to export a regular BGL file so that it can be used in a scenery project.

Any suggestions?

falcon409
December 16th, 2009, 17:11
Personally, I've tried several and in every case what I found was that the person who designed it probably understood it completely, but starting from scratch. . .not so much. I have yet to find one that would allow you to simply "plug n' play". It always seems to end up being much more than that, lol.

I hope you find one, cause when you do, I'll be next in line, lol.

Railrunner130
December 16th, 2009, 19:45
I'd like one also. It would be especially nice if it had a map where you could click to select destination airports.

Tako_Kichi
December 17th, 2009, 11:21
Just an update....I finally got AI Flight Planner to work the way it is supposed to today....but only by deleting it's .dat and .ini files and replacing them with the ones from a fresh download of the program. It would appear I had a corrupt file somewhere that was stopping the program from working.

At least I can get my project finished now.