PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: B-24 for PTO

boy
December 16th, 2009, 12:06
Several missions in PTO call for a B-24 which, apparently, I do not have. Please direct me to a B-24 that works in PTO. I prefer it includes all bombs, etc so I dont have to add these extras from other sites.

Thanks,

John

Frosty
December 16th, 2009, 12:26
If you're looking for a freeware one, I can only say "patience, my boy" (pun intended) :icon_lol:

Currently there's only the FirePower version, which is a payware addon for CFS3. But recently the very talented Nachtpiloten has gotten hold of a model of a B-24 which in time probably will be made available to the general public. But he himself would undoubtedly be the best man to answer your inquiery.

See the thread concerning the B-24 somewhere below...

Ah, here it is: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=26855

boy
December 16th, 2009, 12:30
Thanks Frosty, but I have Firepower. And I have a B-24J in the PTO aircraft folder. I only want PTO to work properly.
Any thoughts?

swpierce
December 16th, 2009, 12:31
You could edit the missions to use the B-25 instead. There was a B-25 group operating in that theatre at that time so you can maintain the relative historical accuracy.

boy
December 16th, 2009, 12:42
Just to be clear, changing the b-24 to b-25 (which I also have in the aircraft folder) in the mission.txt files will enable the flying of these missions? Is this matter ostensibly a typo?

MTG196
December 16th, 2009, 12:47
Thanks Frosty, but I have Firepower. And I have a B-24J in the PTO aircraft folder. I only want PTO to work properly.
Any thoughts?

Boy,

There is a program called fp2pto.exe. This will help you transfer the B-17f, B-17G, B-24j, and the P40-n with all of the necessary files from a CFS3 Firepower install into PTO. If you need it PM me with your E-mail and i will send it to you.

Frosty
December 16th, 2009, 12:48
...Any thoughts?

Yes, I do :icon_lol: - Basically it comes down to copying the FP B-24 and all it needs from your FP install into your PTO directory and editing your missions to call on that aircraft. Or did misunderstand your question a second time? :isadizzy: :icon_lol:

MTG196
December 16th, 2009, 15:40
Boy,

There is a program called fp2pto.exe. This will help you transfer the B-17f, B-17G, B-24j, and the P40-n with all of the necessary files from a CFS3 Firepower install into PTO. If you need it PM me with your E-mail and i will send it to you.

I tried to send the fp2pto.exe file to Boy but my ISP won't let me because the file is too big. does anyone have this who can send it to Boy?