PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm. What will Santa bring me for Christmas...

Fnerg
December 15th, 2009, 09:44
I was looking forward to REX for FS2004, but the currency exchange from Canadian $ to Austrailian currency nearly doubles the price for me. Not sure I want to fork out $100 for better sky, especially this close to Christmas.

But...I've always admired the A2A Simulations P-47 Thunderbolt. That is a beautiful model. Any thoughts or recommendations? I love the warbirds.

Cees Donker
December 15th, 2009, 10:27
Doug,

The WWII fighters pack is great value for your money. That includes the P-47.

Cees

dogknot
December 15th, 2009, 11:09
The WWII fighters pack is a good value, but you only get the one variant (D-20).......but you also get 4 other very nice warbirds.

A2A's (WOP) Thunderbolt pack gives you some nice variants of "The Jug".

I chose and like the P47 mega pack from Aeroplane Heaven. Lots of fun and a nice feel in the many variants.

For freeware, I wouldn't be without Gnoopey's P-47M.

Desert Rat
December 15th, 2009, 11:35
Santa already brought me mine :d. A swanky Saitek X52 Hotas, 'tis bl@8dy lovely-jubely. Used to be a Logitech fan, still like them, but this thing is great once you get the hang of programming it :isadizzy:

The A2A fighters pack is great, bought mine at a discount price on disc at my local PC world, marvellous. Although I'm intrigued by Huub's pics of the 109, mine IIRC has the E4 sqaured off canopy, his first pic does too, but the later pics show an earlier model with the rounded canopy, anyone know if this is available? Probly FSX only knowing my luck, lol.

Hope Santa is good to you,
Jamie

OBIO
December 15th, 2009, 12:37
$100 Canadian for some clouds and sky? I would suggest you go with the free HDE Clouds package...very nice, no frame rate hits, and FREE!

I can't comment on the A2A Jug....don't have it. I fly K. Malinowski's free P-47 series in FS9...a good mix of variants, they look good, they fly good. They could use reflective skins to really make them pop...sounds like a project for next year. And seeing as how they are multi-LOD, they could possibly be used as AI birds too...for those who know how to set up AI stuff...I don't.

OBIO

Tim-HH
December 15th, 2009, 13:32
Hi Doug,

I was looking forward to REX for FS2004, but the currency exchange from Canadian $ to Austrailian currency nearly doubles the price for me. Not sure I want to fork out $100 for better sky, especially this close to Christmas.

are you sure? According to my informations the exchange rate from CAD$ to AUS$ is almost one to one :)

http://s3.directupload.net/images/091215/vs7cthls.jpg

Greetings
Tim

CG_1976
December 15th, 2009, 13:57
37.05 is dead on CAD. Although i also own REX 2.0 for FSX so I got a discount.

Fnerg
December 15th, 2009, 15:51
Thanks Tim. Yesterday my final checkout was going to be $74. before tax. Today it's not. Hmmm.... "Honey, go prime the engines..."

Cees Donker
December 15th, 2009, 20:29
Although I'm intrigued by Huub's pics of the 109, mine IIRC has the E4 sqaured off canopy, his first pic does too, but the later pics show an earlier model with the rounded canopy, anyone know if this is available?

Jamie,

There is an update on the A2A forum which has the E-3 109!

Cees

Desert Rat
December 16th, 2009, 10:44
Cees,

many, many thanks, :running: to investigate. Hadn't seen an E3 since CFS2's early days, Mauro's IIRC.

:ernae:
Jamie