PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen this problem? i could use a clue..

warchild
December 14th, 2009, 00:38
i dont know when this started as my work schedule for iris is usually pretty heavy, but recently i joined a VA and needed to fly a 737-700 or a 767. Hey no problem right? i own em all.. yeah well, thats what i thought at least, the no problem part..

I fired up fsx and clicked on my ariane 737-900 and fsx freezes. i uninstalled it cleaned the registry and reinstalled it annnd, fsx freez3es again, SOO, i try my lvlD which used to work perfectly, annd, i get the dreaded panel initialization error.. So i re-install my pmdgs and move them to the right folder for fsx and THEY freeze..

I rebooted into Vista and re-ran fsx from there. The same thing happens, so this has GOT to be an fsx problem right?/ Well,, i re-installed FSX and the Problem is StILL occuring.. I'm quickly running out of imagination here and could really use some advice..
Thanks all
Pam

OH.. system stuff..
Windows 7 RC and Windows vista
EVGA I780 mobo
Q6600 quad core @ 2.4 ghz
6 gigs ram
ATI radeon 4870 gpu.

harleyman
December 14th, 2009, 00:57
Is your RC version not dead? I thought they were going to expire after launch of Win7?

This may not be a FSX deal.Possiably!

Do these aircraft require FSUIPs ? Maybe the problem lies within that..

Thats all I got now Pam...Will continue to think about it though..

warchild
December 14th, 2009, 01:44
Thanks Harley :)..
Win 7 RC actually isnt supposed to die till june ( gives me time to save my penneys ), but i'm keeping my fingers crossed on that.. and yes, i have fsuipc 4 installed since pmdg uses it. I'm currently uninstalling and re-installing fsx again. i just dont get it..

harleyman
December 14th, 2009, 01:47
One thing ...

After FSX is uninstalled , there are still several folders that need manually removed.

There are also entries left behin in the regestry too

Are you removing these also?

Under Roaming in Vista....

warchild
December 14th, 2009, 01:49
oh gods, and have to re-install all those planes and sceneries again?/ nooo.. i havent removed the folders or files, but if this persists, i guess that'll be my only alternative..

Lewis-A2A
December 14th, 2009, 02:09
Araine use an absolutly I&^*%$%$£&^%%&^%&^%£%£$%*&^ system. I'd check that you are not a pirate before continuing, (an eye patch will give you away). :engel016:

Seriously though, could it be there system kicking in?

warchild
December 14th, 2009, 02:27
not really.. all these planes worked with this configuration for some time. when they stopped working i dont know.. Thought it might be ariane, so i talked with bob about it and everything checks on their end. Plus, i used to be one of their beta testers and know their file structure and operation inside out. It also wouldnt explain LvlD and PMDG not working.
The vista test definately points to an fsx problem seeing as thats the one thing all those planes have in common, but even there i'm stumped..
Currently i'm reinstalling fsx one part at a time.. FSx first then test, then sp1 then test, then sp2 and a final test, and hopefully i'll narrow it down to some degree..:;sigh;; i just wish i were smarter..

JoeW
December 14th, 2009, 02:56
If you have the latest AVG version, they have increased their protection so much that I had a problem with sim-connect. The simptions were simular to yours.

warchild
December 14th, 2009, 03:27
Dont have AVG, but i do have Panda.. I turned that off though.. at least, it reports i turned it off.. :;sigh::.. Kinda been wondering about that, because arianes connect to the main server at ariane when you select them.. and it's somewhere right in there that they freeze the system

Cazzie
December 14th, 2009, 04:07
If you have the latest AVG version, they have increased their protection so much that I had a problem with sim-connect. The simptions were simular to yours.

Ditto here Joe, I have AVG and have had problems with sim-connect on the A2A AccuSim features. I just close the AV.

Caz

FAC257
December 14th, 2009, 12:03
Warchild

I just re-read your original problem several times to make sure it sounded like what I'm thinking.

If none of your aircraft are working / aka FSX freezes at the same point ? this could simply be a corrupt logbook. At least that's what it sounds like.

The logbook isn't un-installed during the process and if it was corrupt before, it still will be when you re-install FSX.

Try deleting or moving the logbook.bin file to see if you still have the issue.

If that is the case and you need to salvage your old logbook there are several utilities to help out with that process.

FAC

Bjoern
December 16th, 2009, 13:20
Might be a missing gaugesound.dll or so. Not sure though whether Ariane's stuff needs it or not.

peter12213
December 16th, 2009, 14:02
A2A Cub does this to mine, its so frustrating!