PDA

View Full Version : "Looking for a few good men!" (yeah ... I stole that line!)

Bill Kestell
December 13th, 2009, 17:56
I have been trying to figure out how to make some BGL's for the attached, but I just am too stupid to remember what the hell I did (only did it once and had a TON of help from TR) and the more I read ... the confuseder I get!

Also ... there's going to be the matter of textures (perforated barrel jackets) ... painting ... the BMP files as well.

So ... unless and/or until I can get a handle on this ... I will make the files for these 4 machine guns available to any creative types who want to throw their hats into the ring.

I wanted to have a series of gun packages which could be used for conversions and for older works which were not built with gun positions.

If this goes well, I'd like to make some more from different countries and who know what else I might come up with.":pop4:

bearcat241
December 13th, 2009, 18:14
Looking real good Bill :ernae:...but saving to bgl is a snap in comparison to what you've accomplished so far. And...although you can use an untex'ed bgl to test in sim, it might be better to upload your final bgl after the textures are finished. That way the textures are listed in the bgl code and called up by the same.

Save as a bgl by opening the FILE drop menu in the top left corner of the taskbar and scroll down to Create FS Object file. There you will see a selector for Object file (*.bgl). Choosing this will open a save dialog box which will let you choose both name and location for the new file. Just make sure the filename has a *.bgl extension on the end.

magruder
December 13th, 2009, 18:15
Stole from where? Semper Fi.Magruder.

Nole
December 13th, 2009, 18:39
'Save as a bgl by opening the FILE drop menu in the top left corner of the taskbar and scroll down to Create FS Object file. There you will see a selector for Object file (*.bgl). Choosing this will open a save dialog box which will let you choose both name and location for the new file. Just make sure the filename has a *.bgl extension on the end.' This, I think, will give you a nice scenery BGL, but to get a wep BGL that is mountable as a payload, you have to save as SCASM first and then create the wep BGL.