PDA

View Full Version : Which FTX AU Should I Start With?

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 13:50
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I'm new to writing threads so please be patient with me. After purchasing Tongass X , I want more scenery.I love to fly mountains , tropics , and deserts. I've been reading the reviews of the OrbX's FTX AU Green, Red ,Blue,and Gold and can't decide which ONE to start with. Or, is this the best direction to go, after Tongass? I would appreciate everyone's opinions.

Thanks.

IanHenry
December 13th, 2009, 13:53
Blue.

Regards,
Ian.

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 14:03
Thank' Ian .Happens to be my favorite color.

jankees
December 13th, 2009, 14:06
though I personally like red, I do think blue is a better start.
and yes, the right way to go, I fly almost exclusively in Oz nowadays.
mind you, PNW should make a nice addition to Tongass...

papab
December 13th, 2009, 14:08
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(209,209,225); COLOR: rgb(209,209,225)" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I'm new to writing threads so please be patient with me. After purchasing Tongass X , I want more scenery.I love to fly mountains , tropics , and deserts. I've been reading the reviews of the OrbX's FTX AU Green, Red ,Blue,and Gold and can't decide which ONE to start with. Or, is this the best direction to go, after Tongass? I would appreciate everyone's opinions.

Thanks.
Blue!

arrowmaker
December 13th, 2009, 14:10
I'd have to agree. Blue. However if you feel you are highly likely to get the other regions, then I would strongly recommend you bite the bullet, go the whole hog, and purchase the DVD.

Cheap? Definitely not. Worth it? Absolutely. FTX is incredible. My favorite FSX scenery package, next to Tongass Fjords. Check out the numerous reviews, screenshots and video's. You won't be disappointed. Available here:

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?&products_id=2136

jankees
December 13th, 2009, 14:13
did we mention the free Tasmania demo? Try that, and you'll be hooked...

jeansy
December 13th, 2009, 14:17
the whole east coast can give you what your after, sadly all 4 packs cover it,

my preference is green since i live in the tropics, as it covers mountain ranges, and the barren red dirt areas up north and it has the better coast lines and this time of yr we normally get wild weather with massive storms and high winds and heaps and heaps of rain which make it fun to fly

after that i would say gold would be my next choice then red

i dont normally fly around blue as its a pretty bland for me

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 14:18
did we mention the free Tasmania demo? Try that, and you'll be hooked...
Yes! That's what got me interested in FTX, or is it OrbX? I get confused.

jeansy
December 13th, 2009, 14:23
Yes! That's what got me interested in FTX, or is it OrbX? I get confused.

ftx is the product and orbx is the company

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 14:27
the whole east coast can give you what your after, sadly all 4 packs cover it,

my preference is green since i live in the tropics, as it covers mountain ranges, and the barren red dirt areas up north and it has the better coast lines and this time of yr we normally get wild weather with massive storms and high winds and heaps and heaps of rain which make it fun to fly

after that i would say gold would be my next choice then red

i dont normally fly around blue as its a pretty bland for me
This is why I love SOH.Please keep sending me your opinions. After all, this is really my first post ever and I have valued everyone's thoughts on this forum for quite a while now.

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 14:28
ftx is the product and orbx is the company
Thank's Matt

MCDesigns
December 13th, 2009, 14:28
Great topic, wish I had asked before I bought the Gold region, LOL. I based my decision on what addon airports I wanted and where they were located and gold was the winner. Guess I need to get Blue now!

Dexdoggy
December 13th, 2009, 14:40
Great topic, wish I had asked before I bought the Gold region, LOL. I based my decision on what addon airports I wanted and where they were located and gold was the winner. Guess I need to get Blue now!

Mike, don't forget to get the OZx freeware stuff, as it adds a HUGE amount of airfields within the AU Gold Region! (If you don't have it already!)

koorby
December 13th, 2009, 15:51
Hi guys, some input for you:

- For the most diversity in terms of mountains, climate (snow in winter), coastlines - AU BLUE
- For the highest concentration of Orbx's addon airports - AU GOLD
- For beautiful tropical areas and some lovely coastal hinterland - AU GREEN
- For the outback - AU RED (downside, no Orbx airports yet)

For the whole echilada (and a 25% saving + a free payware airport), get all of AU on DVD.

Always grab the most excellent OZx freeware, it's a must-have for FTX.

If it were me purchasing Orbx gear for the first time? - AU GOLD - a no-brainer - highest concentration of both payware and freeware addon airports in that region.

BOOM
December 13th, 2009, 15:59
The great thing about threads like this is you hear of other products other than the one mentioned in the topic.FS Addon's Tongass Fjords has been spotted a few times and has been looked upon favorably by those who have it.This may be a great addition to FTX's Pacific North West which looks like it will be "The Holy Grail" of scenery for the United States/Canada.
Thanks for your opinions
Cheers!

thisizma
December 13th, 2009, 16:08
O.K. Dang... is it Blue or Gold. I can't decide. Perhaps I should wait for what PNW has to offer. But I also want some tropical as well. After all, it's December here in FL and it's around 75 degrees.

AussieMan
December 13th, 2009, 16:25
Hi guys, some input for you:

- For the most diversity in terms of mountains, climate (snow in winter), coastlines - AU BLUE
- For the highest concentration of Orbx's addon airports - AU GOLD
- For beautiful tropical areas and some lovely coastal hinterland - AU GREEN
- For the outback - AU RED (downside, no Orbx airports yet)

For the whole echilada (and a 25% saving + a free payware airport), get all of AU on DVD.

Always grab the most excellent OZx freeware, it's a must-have for FTX.

If it were me purchasing Orbx gear for the first time? - AU GOLD - a no-brainer - highest concentration of both payware and freeware addon airports in that region.

What John said. You won't regret it.

The good thing with the OZx freeware airports is it teaches you to fly by the seat of your pants. Most of the flying is low and slow with a stopwatch and compass. But it is heaps of fun. And there are over 300 free airports!!!

Cheers
Pat

IanHenry
December 14th, 2009, 00:20
One other point Thisizma, it's well worth downloading all Ant's Aussie Airports (I think they are available on Simviation they really are good.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

jeansy
December 14th, 2009, 01:20
but then again if you really dont have long term plans to fly around down here, just stick it out and wait for PNW which isnt far off

thisizma
December 14th, 2009, 05:01
Thanks everyone. Time to make a decision, a tough one.

thisizma
December 14th, 2009, 05:02
One other point Thisizma, it's well worth downloading all Ant's Aussie Airports (I think they are available on Simviation they really are good.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Regards,
Ian.
Good info. I will.
Thank you!