PDA

View Full Version : AlphaSim B-36 over the Pacific

tommieboy
December 13th, 2009, 07:35
Using a mix of ActiveSky 6 and the new clouds (HDE 1.0) by Pablo Diaz. Screen shots don't really do it justice; much better live on screen. I use the MEDIUM 512x512 DXT3 clouds to keep my frame rates up. Well worth the effort to install these "free" new clouds.

Tommy

Tom Clayton
December 13th, 2009, 07:44
I've been wanting that one for some time now, but can't fit it into the budget. Maybe one day they'll add that one to the freeware list...

Jagdflieger
December 13th, 2009, 09:07
Nice shots Tommieboy.

Here's a Peacekeeper departing Carswell AFB, Texas at dawn en route to Eilsen AFB in Alaska.

When I was a boy, they would shake the house when they flew over, no matter what their altitude.

Cowboy1968
December 13th, 2009, 15:09
Gues i mised that Alpha B-36....the one I got from them has jet pods

pfflyers
December 13th, 2009, 15:55
Cowboy-

The package I got from Alphasim has two models, one with and one without jetpods.

Cazzie
December 13th, 2009, 17:12
Cowboy, you may have Ito-San's B-36.

Love that second shot against the dark clouds with the Peacemaker silhouetted.

Caz

tommieboy
December 13th, 2009, 19:02
Gues i mised that Alpha B-36....the one I got from them has jet pods

The "B" model (without the jet pods) was a free update to the original AlphaSim B-36 package.

Tommy

tommieboy
December 13th, 2009, 19:06
Nice shots Tommieboy.

Here's a Peacekeeper departing Carswell AFB, Texas at dawn en route to Eilsen AFB in Alaska.

When I was a boy, they would shake the house when they flew over, no matter what their altitude.

Nice screen shot....

Unfortunately, I was born after the last active B-36 was sent to the bone yard. I would have really liked to have seen / heard a B-36 on a low level exhibition pass. I heard they sometimes flew real low to the runway on these exhibition passes.

Tommy

tommieboy
December 13th, 2009, 19:08
....Love that second shot against the dark clouds with the Peacemaker silhouetted.

Caz

I wish I was really up there flying the beast at that time of day.....

Tommy

Jagdflieger
December 14th, 2009, 03:19
You can simulate a mission by flying over the artic circle from Eilson AFB and then down to Thule AFB, Greenland. Time it so you fly accross the pole at night to see the Aurora Borealis and get into Thule in time for breakfast at the club.

Makes for some tricky navigation when up over the artic.

Once you've flown the mission, order "Strtegic Air Command" with Jimmy Stewart from Amazon and enjoy some of the best inflight footage of the Peacekeeper ever filmed.

tommieboy
December 14th, 2009, 09:43
You can simulate a mission by flying over the artic circle from Eilson AFB and then down to Thule AFB, Greenland. Time it so you fly accross the pole at night to see the Aurora Borealis and get into Thule in time for breakfast at the club.

Makes for some tricky navigation when up over the artic.

Once you've flown the mission, order "Strtegic Air Command" with Jimmy Stewart from Amazon and enjoy some of the best inflight footage of the Peacekeeper ever filmed.

I'll give that mission a try sometime this month.....

Amazon didn't have the DVD version of that movie, but I got the DVD version elsewhere. It's a great movie.

Tommy