PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Been Watching Military Channel?

Devildog73
December 12th, 2009, 05:20
This week they have been looking at the USN aircraft of WW II. Lots of details into all of the fine Grumman aircraft. Even did a little ditty on the Royal Navy use of the Martlett and Hellcats.

The films almost all showed even USN pilots in Hellcats coming around on landings from port in an arc in the technique developed by the Brits for the Corsair carrier landings.

Here's the schedule link:
http://military.discovery.com/tv-schedules/daily.html

dsawan
December 12th, 2009, 08:01
Yeah, but I liked Clash of wings from friday night. It showed good footage of Il-2's and German air units at Kursk and Stalingrad and the Luftwaffe Flak units. The footage looked sharp.:wiggle:

dhasdell
December 12th, 2009, 12:02
UK Military has Richard Holmes on Wellington on Sunday evenings.

miamieagle
December 12th, 2009, 15:09
Thank you!

A have seen this episodes before. I like them very much. They are very instructive.There even was one epidsode last week called Wings of the Rising Sun. No I was not able to see it. I had to work. But perhaps they are in the process of including the Japanese Army and Navy Airforces in the series.

That would be cool!:jump:

Eoraptor1
December 12th, 2009, 16:38
I saw the Battle Stations episode about the F4U Corsair last night. Lots of WWII and restoration footage. You got to see the early model F4U-1s bouncing over the arrestor hooks on their landing trials.

JAMES